Costumes

puffnbear

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, the gloves are finally painted. I'll just touch them up on Monday night when I'm back from ET4 and, so long as the room is reasonably dimly lit, I should be good to go. :unsure:

Yay! Great to hear, got much left to do on it? (Still not packed for ET4)

No, that's pretty much me finished now. I'm just a little worried about how much I'm going to need to pack next weekend. I'm seriously considering posting the bandolier over to the hotel as it's taking taking up a lot of space and it's not essential to the costume and I won't mind too much if it goes AWOL. :WINCE:

• Moderators

Friday I'm just being a generic scientist.

Hopefully getting my hair cut this weekend, which might make my Oz-hair a bit easier to do for Saturday. (Luckily my natural hair colour isn't too far off what he has in the episode in question.)

I have a big crinoline dress for saturday and doing halloween stuff for sunday, not sure how its going to fit in the car at this point with my friends stuff as well.

We usually have to do about 5 trips each to the car when we unload as we are decorating our room as well as usual with halloween stuff and pumpkins.

Edited by buffy2k

you decorate your room!!! that is so cool.

Yep we usually decorate, we did last year too and at other cons nearer to xmas we put xmas decs on the walls and had a tree as well as doing easter stuff and birthdays as well. Dont know what the staff of the thistle think but we've been going to cons there for years so must be used to it by now.

Edited by buffy2k

finished sewing my patch on. managed to stab all my fingers and break two needles :-) my housemate got a little worried after hearing me owwwwwing constantly until it was done.

That's really quite impressive. I must make a point of inspecting your handiwork on Saturday. :YAHOO:

I'm wearing my costume at work today, we're all dressing up for halloween this week

Anyone know where i can get fake blood that washes off easily, the one i wore today has taken ages to get off and my hands are still slightly pink

Edited by peridot

finished sewing my patch on. managed to stab all my fingers and break two needles :-) my housemate got a little worried after hearing me owwwwwing constantly until it was done.

That's really quite impressive. I must make a point of inspecting your handiwork on Saturday. :P

Very cheeky! :smile:

please do come and admire. thankfully my fingers are fine now

I still haven't gotten my Halloween outfit sorted. Had a robe thing and a mask but masks are very annoying and I think I would get fed up wearing it after a while. I had a crazy doctor idea but its just getting all the stuff together in two days!

That's really quite impressive. I must make a point of inspecting your handiwork on Saturday. :D

Very cheeky! :P

Tell you what, I'll be complimentary about your overalls, if you say nice things about my gloves lol. :smile:

That's really quite impressive. I must make a point of inspecting your handiwork on Saturday. :D

Very cheeky! ^_^

Tell you what, I'll be complimentary about your overalls, if you say nice things about my gloves lol. :(

We have a deal there then. From what i've heard they sound fantastic already :P

Currently sewing patches on my overalls trying with sewing machine and if that doesn't work/I can't it then by hand

I tried by machine and it was too darn difficult, with the patch being on a knee. Instead i had to do by hand which was fun. If you havent finished, bring them to the meet up on friday and i offer my stitching services, although i'd advise you bring several needles and plasters :D

Very cheeky! ^_^

Tell you what, I'll be complimentary about your overalls, if you say nice things about my gloves lol. :(

We have a deal there then. From what i've heard they sound fantastic already :P

Currently sewing patches on my overalls trying with sewing machine and if that doesn't work/I can't it then by hand

I tried by machine and it was too darn difficult, with the patch being on a knee. Instead i had to do by hand which was fun. If you havent finished, bring them to the meet up on friday and i offer my stitching services, although i'd advise you bring several needles and plasters :D

Oh, God, tell me about it! Reproduction RAF badges are an utter nightmare to sew on!