The Comic Artist Thread

Just a heads up, Greg Rucka has done a lot more DC work than Marvel. A LOT more.

It was mainly just for the links and a brief description.

Not the greatest line up of comic related guests is it, especially now Bill Sienkiewicz has cancelled

Not the greatest line up of comic related guests is it, especially now Bill Sienkiewicz has cancelled

Better than nothing?

I mean, I live in Germany, near one of its bigger cities and there is nothing like this on offer so .. I'm happy with what I'm offered here!

There's still time to salvage it if the organisers announce someone of Sienkiewicz's calibre to take his place. Hopefully, that's what they are trying to sort out right now and maybe they'll announce a few more like Charlie Adlard or Paul Jenkins.

There's still time to salvage it if the organisers announce someone of Sienkiewicz's calibre to take his place. Hopefully, that's what they are trying to sort out right now and maybe they'll announce a few more like Charlie Adlard or Paul Jenkins.

Charlie Adlard would be a great pick! I met him earlier in the year doing a singing at a comic shop so he could be quite easy to get for a full on convention. And again he is british and local to the south east.

(For anyone who doesnt know Charlie Adlard is the artist for the long running image comic The Walking Dead)

Just watching the Lost Boys

Thought wouldnt it be awesome to have an Edgar and Alan Frog Brothers style comic store at the show,

and then remembered why we could never have the two Coreys at the show again....................yet another reason to be sorry for only finding SM last year :( will never get to meet the awesome Corey Haim now RIP :(

Sorry, not strictly Comic Artist thread stuff, but I remember watching this film when I was a kid and thinking "Wow! I wish we had a shop like that" :lol:

Edited by Rhianydd

Better than nothing?

I mean, I live in Germany, near one of its bigger cities and there is nothing like this on offer so .. I'm happy with what I'm offered here!

Really!!! When you see what was offered at the this show *****,in London, and in Bristol earlier this year and the guest list for Birmingham then this is poor.

I am still hoping for better announcements but I'm not holding my breath. If seen better and larger comic related guest lists at Forbidden planet.

Charlie Adlard would be a great pick! I met him earlier in the year doing a singing at a comic shop so he could be quite easy to get for a full on convention. And again he is british and local to the south east.

(For anyone who doesnt know Charlie Adlard is the artist for the long running image comic The Walking Dead)

Not going to happen as he is in the USA for the filming of the WD TV show and then attending SDCC this year

Really!!! When you see what was offered at the this show *****,in London, and in Bristol earlier this year and the guest list for Birmingham then this is poor.

I am still hoping for better announcements but I'm not holding my breath. If seen better and larger comic related guest lists at Forbidden planet.

Not going to happen as he is in the USA for the filming of the WD TV show and then attending SDCC this year

Yeah I have seen other cons floating around all of england with tons of comic guests.

Forbidden planet is great for guests. Mark Millar, John Romita JR, Bryan Hitch, Brian Lee O'Malley, Andy Diggle, Jock.

Yeah its a shame Charle's is in the USA at the minute, but its worth it for the walking dead TV show.

We still have people like Garth Ennis & Steve Dillon all over UK. Where are they? And why aren't people like that here.

Edited by JaySchluffy

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have met Bill Sienkiewicz and I do recognize that he is a big name in comics. In the same line, I would love to meet people like Mark Millar, John Romita Jr., Garth Ennis, Grant Morrison, Alan David, Alan Moore, Christopher Yost, Craig Kyle, John Cassaday or some of the even bigger names that have been thrown around, right up to the grand master Stan Lee. Heck, give me Joss Whedon (yes, yes, haters'll hate, but so what - I love his comic writer run!) and I'll be happy!

But at the end of the day, I for one am excited to meet Greg Rucka and Lee Townsend as well as Henry Davies and some of the others who are there because if not for LFCC, I'd never have the chance to meet them! Not everyone lives in or near London or some other town where these people reside and/or sign in different events, and as such, I'm happy to get what LFCC offers.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have met Bill Sienkiewicz and I do recognize that he is a big name in comics. In the same line, I would love to meet people like Mark Millar, John Romita Jr., Garth Ennis, Grant Morrison, Alan David, Alan Moore, Christopher Yost, Craig Kyle, John Cassaday or some of the even bigger names that have been thrown around, right up to the grand master Stan Lee. Heck, give me Joss Whedon (yes, yes, haters'll hate, but so what - I love his comic writer run!) and I'll be happy!

But at the end of the day, I for one am excited to meet Greg Rucka and Lee Townsend as well as Henry Davies and some of the others who are there because if not for LFCC, I'd never have the chance to meet them! Not everyone lives in or near London or some other town where these people reside and/or sign in different events, and as such, I'm happy to get what LFCC offers.

Yeah but the offering could and should be so much better than this. Other English Comic cons have 10 Greg Ruckas and 20 Townsend in attendence (not literally off course but in stature) as well a many others. The comments you're making implies that you are not hugely into comics, otherwise this would not be the con you would be attending. I'm not making a judgemnent call on you or anything, but as a big comic collector, who loves to attend cons, this is the one at the bottom of my list. If I wasn't as equally into films ,as I am into comics, I would not even consider my half hour journey to earls court to be worth it! Greg Rucka and the other guys above are great but not worth the entrence fee alone (well unless they were your grail person (get what I mean?) and therefore each there own).

Edited by gaz2810i

Yeah but the offering could and should be so much better than this. Other English Comic cons have 10 Greg Ruckas and 20 Townsend in attendence (not literally off course but in stature) as well a many others. The comments you're making implies that you are not hugely into comics, otherwise this would not be the con you would be attending. I'm not making a judgemnent call on you or anything, but as a big comic collector, who loves to attend cons, this is the one at the bottom of my list. If I wasn't as equally into films ,as I am into comics, I would not even consider my half hour journey to earls court to be worth it! Greg Rucka and the other guys above are great but not worth the entrence fee alone (well unless they were your grail person (get what I mean?) and therefore each there own).

Yeah, I get what you mean - the offering could contain more 'big hitters' in the comic world.

You are right, I'm not hugely into comics, it's just an aside for me whereas the movie/TV guests are where the draw is for me. I doubt I'd ever fly to England solely for a comic con but I do know that others find comic people enough of a draw on themselves.

I'm sure that are other comic cons in England (as there are the world over) that have more and 'better' names than the ones announced here, but isn't that why it's called Film and Comic Con? With less emphasis on the comic part? I mean, someone who's a big comic collector would surely favor a con that was called predominantly Comic Con over this one any day now, wouldn't they?

I guess I'm just giving my own, very personal two cents to the matter, which are that what is offered, I am fine with. I do understand, however, how someone who was mainly going for comic guests would walk away disappointed with the current line-up.

Yeah, I get what you mean - the offering could contain more 'big hitters' in the comic world.

You are right, I'm not hugely into comics, it's just an aside for me whereas the movie/TV guests are where the draw is for me. I doubt I'd ever fly to England solely for a comic con but I do know that others find comic people enough of a draw on themselves.

I'm sure that are other comic cons in England (as there are the world over) that have more and 'better' names than the ones announced here, but isn't that why it's called Film and Comic Con? With less emphasis on the comic part? I mean, someone who's a big comic collector would surely favor a con that was called predominantly Comic Con over this one any day now, wouldn't they?

I guess I'm just giving my own, very personal two cents to the matter, which are that what is offered, I am fine with. I do understand, however, how someone who was mainly going for comic guests would walk away disappointed with the current line-up.

Couldn't have put it better myself, and that is very true. Especially for myself. I just have to hope that something amazing gets pulled out of their hat in the next week.

I completely understand, I go for the movie and TV stuff as much as the comics. It's just when Comics are a big part of your life and you go to a comic con even one that is not dedicated to it you are dispointed when the turn could be as bad as it looks right now. I just hope it gets a little better and if you look at the details of another con that happened in London this year (I dopn't want to give details) then you can see how they can mix all the film, cos, anime and comics together without alienating one group or the other.

I completely understand, I go for the movie and TV stuff as much as the comics. It's just when Comics are a big part of your life and you go to a comic con even one that is not dedicated to it you are dispointed when the turn could be as bad as it looks right now. I just hope it gets a little better and if you look at the details of another con that happened in London this year (I dopn't want to give details) then you can see how they can mix all the film, cos, anime and comics together without alienating one group or the other.

Very true, other events have a HUGE amount of comic guests.

Edit by QS: Sorry, but I have to edit here. You've not named the event, but you've given more than enough details to find the show on Google.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

How many TV and Film guests did they have?

Not nearly as many I bet and they cost a lot more than the comic book artists.

Exactly! There cheeper and easier to book, because to be fair they are smaller fry than film stars, while still holding up a high fanbase. Where are they then?

If said convention can get 106, a con with COMIC in the title (no evidence of less emphasis, its not like its smaller font) should be looking to at least match that figure!

Earls Court is huge, loads of wasted space every year, I cant see why the organisers make such little effort to appease the comic fans

I am only personally going to pick up some commission pieces from Huy Truong and Naniiebim, two artists that have old me they are attending, if you do end up going and dont already know of their work, check them out they are awesome, but if it werent for them I wouldnt be attending