Is anyone else tired of all the film/tv guests?

I know. It just depresses me that London does not have a proper outlet for comics stuff like Bristol and Birmingham do and we're the capital city! I'd go to these events if I could but I can't. I'm not saying LFCC should become an all comics guests fest but having enough to ensure that film and tv aren't too dominant is not too much to ask.

Well i think you are lucky......living in the south west i have to travel miles to see anyone i want too. And i wish that Bristol did a film and tv thing, not just a comic thing.

Nothing happens down here in good ole somerset.....ooo. arrr. :smile:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything wrong with someone making a polite request for more comic guests?

It didn't seem like a polite request at all! Your very first post was more a sniping, troll-like dig at LFCC for having lots of film and TV guests and not the guests you specifically want.

As already mentioned, I think we should lighten up a little.

Edited by keithporter23

I want more London guests like Boris Johnson, and Winston from Eastenders.

If Boris was announced, I'd be first in line.

more London guests?? In that case let's get Brian Haw, the peace campaigner who's been camping out in Parliament Sq for years.. Bet he'll have a few stories to tell :D

It didn't seem like a polite request at all! Your very first post was more a sniping, troll-like dig at LFCC for having lots of film and TV guests and not the guests you specifically want.

But it is called Film and Comic Con though??? Maybe he didnt need to put so much emotion into his post but I reckon comic fans still have a right to expect some comics guests given the name and nature of the event.

It's not like he's one of these people posting threads titled, "WHERE ARE THE BUFFY/HEROES/LOST GUESTS??? :D "

That's a good point though. Where are the Lost guests?!

Looking for new contracts in other shows or new careers even.

Lost, you're time is up.

It's time isn't up anymore than any other finished show, yet there's many deceased shows getting representation.

As I only go for guests from one show odds are I'm going to be disappointed, but it does seem that LFACC/CM has a much less varied guest line up than they used to. Still better than any other event, but less varied IMO.

yes i would have to agree with mr bear and martin brody,the real pull of these events is the opportunity to meet the t.v and film stars,id actually get rid of all of the comic influence and let it have a seperate show,just my opinon though!! getting onto lost guests they are probably tired after chasing shadows for six series :D

yes i would have to agree with mr bear and martin brody,the real pull of these events is the opportunity to meet the t.v and film stars,id actually get rid of all of the comic influence and let it have a seperate show....

I agree too - London Film & Television Con sounds so much better!! :lol:

The irony there is that you have Batman as your sig!

got to agree with keith and the wolf there,wasnt batman a t.v series and film????i think so!

london film and television com has a great ring to it :thumbdown:

Edited by malc75

The funny thing is, last year at LFCC I strolled through the comic section, really just chatting to a friend of mine, as we are both not that into comics, when our eyes were drawn to one particular table. It was Geof Banyard, with his Fetishman comic. We got chatting, and ended up buying all the backnumbers of the comic and getting a subscription for the next ones, as it turned out to be a very very funny comic indeed. For someone who really only goes to LFCC for the Film part, the comic part had quite a big influence in the end!

I like being surprised, and getting smaller names from the comic world can be very pleasantly surprising.

Here in Holland I go to comic fairs all the time, so the Dutch artists are old hat for me :chair:, but meeting people whose work I've never seen is something I actually prefer.

I know. It just depresses me that London does not have a proper outlet for comics stuff like Bristol and Birmingham do and we're the capital city! I'd go to these events if I could but I can't. I'm not saying LFCC should become an all comics guests fest but having enough to ensure that film and tv aren't too dominant is not too much to ask.

I would imagine that it has something to do with the overhead costs. To run a show in London would cost WAY more than to do it in Birmingham or Bristol, because the venue costs are significantly more expensive, as are the accomodation costs for guests and event staff. Revenue wise, even the likes of Millar and Bendis would struggle to match the income of a guest like The Shatner or Browder.

I'm sure Showmasters will try and get some more UK based comic writers/artists along, but I wouldn't hold your breath for any US based ones.

As others have said, this event cannot compare to San Diego and lets not forget, the cost of attending San Diego is way more expensive than LFaCC (even for a local).

I have to be honest, the main pull of these evets for me are the Star Trek and other movie stars of flms that I love i.e Terminator or Big Trouble in Little China. I would like to meet Stan Lee but the choice between him or Shatner, Shatner would win everytime.

However, I say that and the pull of the comics is quite big to many people. Personally I grew up with x-men so there you go. I still pick up the odd comic every know and again. But for most, it will be about the films. Showmasters know this and make there money that way. Fair play to them.

i agree, for me also its the film stars.the main reason i coming to this years event is to meet william shatner.i know alot of people like comic books etc but for me its the film stars,so showmasters alot more film stars please.