Is anyone else tired of all the film/tv guests?

This is supposed to be a film AND comic con. Right now, all I see is a film and tv comic con with a few token comic guests. The balance is very uneven and needs to be sorted out ASAP. I hope we will see at least another half dozen comic guests at this year's event. Please make this happen, showmasters.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Regardless of the name, the primary focus has always been on film/TV guests. The comic section has always been a smaller part of the event I'm afraid, and so while there will always be some guests, the main part of the event will be the film/TV guest lineup.

Regardless of the name, the primary focus has always been on film/TV guests. The comic section has always been a smaller part of the event I'm afraid, and so while there will always be some guests, the main part of the event will be the film/TV guest lineup.

If that's the case, then why not just drop the word "comic" and make it the London Film Con? At least that gives any prospective attendee a more accurate idea of what to expect. Having said that, I will still give the organisers the benefit of the doubt as they might get someone like Neal Adams to come over (I wish). As long as there are at least another 6-8 comic guests to be announced, then I won't be too unhappy with the ratio of guests from different areas.

Edited by AlanMoore'sBeard

How about Frank Carson and Jimmy Cricket :D

Nobody likes a smartass.

Grow up and post something worthwhile oh and get a sense of humour!

Sorry, but I'm just frustrated that the same old type of guests are being announced for this con. No diversity whatsoever and a poor relation to events like San Diego Comic Con.

.... or a miseryguts :thumbup:

I was gonna go for "douchebag" but I guess "miseyguts" gets the point across.

Please don't insult me. I haven't done the same to you so don't do it to me.

More Anime voice artists and Comic creators (Writers preferably!) please! Comics are in the shows name so more big names please!

Thank you! If only there were more people on this forum who thought as I do.

I've only been to one LFCC before, and went for the film and tv guests, but did enjoy meeting the comic artists too :thumbup:

However, I think it is a bit unfair to compare the show to San Diego Comic Con, cos surely that is where film companies take their products to show them off to the world. Plus the fact that they are in America, so can easily get the American guests without huge sums of money being required to fly them over. Different ballgame altogether.

I think there is a fantastic line up for LFCC this year :D , and yes, a few more comic guests will be good for those that attend for that reason, but there is still a month left yet!!!! :borg:

Edited by Rhianydd

• Moderators

LFCC is never going to be San Diego Comic Con.

For a start, it's far easier to get a huge amount of comic guests and panels etc when your event is in America. The overheads are far less etc.

LFCC will always be an event where the organisers have to pick and choose a little more. And what brings people in? Film and TV guests mainly. So they will always get priority.

Not entirely sure what 'no diversity' means, but there always ends up being a good range of guests that cover various popular films and TV, and some comic guests too.

If you believe there are lots more people out there that want comic guests then direct them here, show the organisers that they'll be popular, and encourage them to increase activity.

I think that a good 80/90% or so of attendees are there for the film and TV guests the other % are there for merchandise and comic guests this would have to be taken into consideration for the event to be a success i have seen comic guests on many occasions with hardly if ever a queue and i as i am not up on my comics the likes of Stan Lee are highly unlikely to ever appear.

I know. It just depresses me that London does not have a proper outlet for comics stuff like Bristol and Birmingham do and we're the capital city! I'd go to these events if I could but I can't. I'm not saying LFCC should become an all comics guests fest but having enough to ensure that film and tv aren't too dominant is not too much to ask.

Well the last time I went to LFCC I got Jerry Robinson's autograph and he is one of the big 3 re BATMAN. As far as BATMAN history is concerned, the big three was always Kane, Finger and Robinson.

This year I shall meet Bill Sienkiewicz and get his auto for free!!! That to me is just superb.

Well the last time I went to LFCC I got Jerry Robinson's autograph and he is one of the big 3 re BATMAN. As far as BATMAN history is concerned, the big three was always Kane, Finger and Robinson.

This year I shall meet Bill Sienkiewicz and get his auto for free!!! That to me is just superb.

Sienkiewicz is definitely a cool comic guest to have but the event needs more of that ilk and there isn't anyone else comparable so far. I hope that will be changed soon.