How Was Your Experience Today?

waggie98

Who Did you meet were they nice get any Cool merchandise?

I met Colin Baker-Brilliant And Funny Discussed New Doctor Who And Matt Smith

Georgiga Moffett She Was very kind And nice

I Bought Some Doctor Who Posters,Post Cards, Got a Nightwing T-shirt, And Got Batman and Robin Batman Reborn Graphic Novel :)

Going Get More Stuff tommorow

Copied from the share guest exp thread

"I only went to see Gozer and on the way to walking to his area my gf spotted that Chaske was there and almost fainted. She was PROPER excited at this point and went to the organizers booth straight away to get autograph vouchers. Was quite funny really. We went around and saw he was back about 12 due to photo shoot so had a quick walk around to see who was where etc and then about 11:45 went back around to wait for him and became 3rd in the queue. I spotted on his desk some white M&M's which excited me more than who this guy was (hate Twilight with a passion!)

I said I have to ask him about them and where they came from (USA I assumed but hey!)

He then came past us all and my gf went into OMG mode. We then came to have autograph and photo etc and my gf said to him "Im more interested in seeing you and he is more interested in your white M&M's" which he turned to me and said "awesome aint they and smiled". Signed her pic and got a photo and she shook his hand and left. Was SO friendly and nice.

Then came to find Gozer and she wasnt there and was in the loo I think.

Went for a walk around the dealers area etc and came back to see her. I was proper star struck as its my FAVOURITE film ever!! SHe looked SO out of it and not with it. SHe took forever signing her pic and my figure, im guessing due to her age but she was SO not with it. No personalisation or nothing.

I then went for another walk around and Bob Wilson and Joe Kinnear were stood having a chat just away from their areas so I walked over and asked for a photo. Bob said "yeah sure jump in the middle" were both extremely friendly and more than happy to meet people etc.

I then decided to go meet Robert Llwelyn as I love scrapheap challenge and RD.

THe couple in front of me wanted a joint dedication and she said her name was "Ali" but some reason Robert just didnt hear what she said and aked her about 4 times what she said and just laughed when he couldnt hear it. They got it signed and walked off

I then came over and just said im very simple my name is Lee and he laughed. Signed it. Shook his hand and walked off

That was mainly it from me as I didnt go to meet many people just mainly Gozer"

Who Did you meet were they nice get any Cool merchandise?

I met Colin Baker-Brilliant And Funny Discussed New Doctor Who And Matt Smith

Georgiga Moffett She Was very kind And nice

I Bought Some Doctor Who Posters,Post Cards, Got a Nightwing T-shirt, And Got Batman and Robin Batman Reborn Graphic Novel :)

Going Get More Stuff tommorow

I'm Having an absolute fantastic time :dance:

Colin Baker squeezed me today, and so did Robert Llewellyn in my photoshoots! and had the red dwarf group photo done too!! Major squee.

absolutely knackered now! walking around in my unit outfit then running upstairs to get changed for photoshoots then running down and back up again to get back into unit mode again! tiring but bloody worth it!!

2 more days of epicness to go!! :(

I could only afford to meet the two captains today unfortunately but both Patrick Stewart and Kate Mulgrew were great. I was extremely pleased when Patrick approved of my choice of University (being the University of York) after he spotted my very conspicuous hoody and Kate had a great sense of humour :(

It was great to see the MacMillan Cancer Research guys, with the very welcome addition of two stunning Orion slave girls.

I also really liked the new arrival of the American food stall (even if it was a touch on the pricey side), good root beer is hard to come by in the UK.

Pictures to follow in the relevant thread :)

Yeah orion slave girls were lovely. Can see a problem that having an outside event causes though... prevents some cosplayers dressing in the more revealing costumes :-( (hence we haven't seen the traditional 'who was that fit girl' thread posted so far) Although i did see on slave leia, luckily for her she was on one of the indoor stalls. Brrrrrr

I could only afford to meet the two captains today unfortunately but both Patrick Stewart and Kate Mulgrew were great. I was extremely pleased when Patrick approved of my choice of University (being the University of York) after he spotted my very conspicuous hoody and Kate had a great sense of humour :gorgeous:

It was great to see the MacMillan Cancer Research guys, with the very welcome addition of two stunning Orion slave girls.

I also really liked the new arrival of the American food stall (even if it was a touch on the pricey side), good root beer is hard to come by in the UK.

Pictures to follow in the relevant thread :)

Edited by gobo1979uk

Steve. On the other hand if comments aren't aired then there's no way these things can be addressed for future events. I'm sure criticisms that are posted constructively will be noted whereas rants probably will be removed. I'm guessing some of your concerns were to do with the photoshoots that day, the circumstances of which were really beyond SMs control....

.....and this now makes no sense because the post I was replying to has gone lol

Edited by Banished_From_Rohan

i had a great time, highlights one of which was chris barrie signing "smoke me a kipper......." on a pic of ace

having an impromptu chat with guests as they went off to the green room-joe flannigan asked if the game i was watching was any good and who was winning.

tommy knight was an absolute pleasure to meet and did a litttle art work on his pic

• Moderators

In the end, it's up to Showmasters what they want on here, so if they feel comments are unreasonable they can get moved off the boards.

It would make it easier on us if people just accepted this, rather than us having to explain it every time and managing multiple arguments etc.

I know it can be confusing but SMs will always have the final word.

David

Thanks for the reply, but that's the point - attendees aren't given the chance to comment but we were asked to on Saturday.

There were some positives from the show, but we hit a number of difficulties, some of which could be avoided.

My original post wasn't a rant, it just said that we put a lot of time and money into attending and were saddened by our overall experience due to poor communication and IHOI mis-management in some areas. I was hoping to be given the chance to elaborate my original post was removed.

I can't believe that our feedback and those of others I've read have been removed.

Steve

• Moderators

Steve - if you have the time, I can only suggest that you contact Showmasters direct via email or perhaps a phone call later in the week to discuss your issues with them.

Usually if there are issues at an event, it would be more beneficial to talk to someone there rather than waiting until you get home.

David

Thank you - we were specifically asked by crew to leave our comments on the forum and I didn't cover anything in my original post like what we experienced.

I waited until returning home as we didn't have internet access after my initial post.

In the past, Showmasters have allowed a range of comments on the forum - but this stance appears to have changed. If numerous people like myself are being silenced then it all becomes incredibly one-sided.

I'm glad the attendees who have been allowed to post on the forums have had a good time, as I said earlier there were some positives from the show and elements we liked but attendees shouldn't be told to leave comments on the forum and then watch them disappear if they aren't very positive. Like I said, my original post didn't even go into any detail.

Without showmasters we wouldn't have met the 100+ people we have done, but as customers I also feel a bit let down after the weekend both by what we witnessed and now having my posts edited after following the advice from this organisation.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Steve

As predicted it was a cold weekend but i knew it was going to be so i put up with it. I went to see various Trek people and went for the Sat and Sun and i'm glad i did.

When i got there i had a general look round to get the layout of the place and to see how busy the guests were.

I was really disappointed to see that Tim Russ on Saturday had no photos/no posed photos etc just because he was sat next to Patrick Stewart so i wandered round to find Michelle Forbes who, as i already suspected would have no posed photos, but she had no photos at all. Serious disappointment but i decided to wait til Sunday to see if anything changed. I did think at the time that maybe she and Patrick should have been sat next to each other as they weren't allowing any photos.

Went on to talk to JG who was wandering around with a ticket for a photoshoot with Linda Hamilton - i lol'd! He told me about the Klingon make up and that they would be signing in it all day and then went on to talk to some people about the football that was being played on the pitch! Lovely guy. I decided to meet Robert O'Reilly and JG not in make up then when JG wandered back to his table and got a joint signed picture and a double table photo which was so nice of them and at which point JG was singing'Tell Laura i love her'! The Klingon pair were real good sports and some guy in front of me asked Robert if he would do 'the Gowron eyes' in his photo and he did! They were amazing, chatty, nice and good fun and i think a real guest asset to the event.

Sunday morning i went back and was overjoyed when Tim Russ had been moved so he could do photos at the table! Did someone say something to SM? (I'm currently broke and couldn't afford both an auto and a shoot) He was chatty and talked to me and my boyfriend about the Klingon make up he had to wear in DS9 and how its now being changed to be more life like.

Kate Mulgrew was allowing photos in the queue which made a nice change to the last time and she let me take a nice candid shot of her and she seemed quite chatty to Robbie McNeill who was next to her, who said i should change my name to 'Rob', lol. He said it was his new thing to try and get people to change their names to Rob! Jeffrey Combs was nice as well but i couldn't help feeling he would have been great doing a stage talk as he had done so much. Was slightly disappointed he was doing no posed but i had a chat with him and got a candid shot which made up for it.

Someone said about Lance being really nice. While i was waiting for Michelle Forbes photo shoot he came out and asked us who we were all waiting for, then asked if she was attractive and said we should ask her to work with him, lol!

It's been a long time since i went to an event for more than 2 guests and this was amazing. Yes it was not in the best place but it will be in October so all of you that didn't like it for only this reason - (in a non-offensive way) get over it, it wasn't planned that way as SM know it wasn't the ideal location after last year.

So glad i went Sunday as it was really quiet and even Linda and Patrick went open Q by 1pm and was no longer disappointed by a lack of a Tim Russ photo! Great guests and a fun time was had and i shall be looking forward to LFCC! Thanks SM for another great event.

Like I said, my original post didn't even go into any detail.

If I may barge in gere: I think that's what very likely has been the problem.

I'm sure it wasn't your intention at all, but posts not going into details can very easily leave a wrong impression.

If you look at other sections, others have mentioned specific problems like the queue for Linda Hamilton. Nothing removed there.

But I'll admit that I'm kind of surprised to hear that a crew member specifically advised you to come on the forum. Like David has said, usually it is more beneficial to speak to someone at the event. I would have directed you to the Organisers Booth if you had spoken to me. I'm not sure what days you were there - Saturday and Sunday? - but if the Organisers Booth had heard something went wrong they would at least have tried to fix it for the next day, like above mentioned queueing problems for example.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Steevo - Sorry its come across that way, I have noticed it recently too, but I think its just a precautionary reaction to some deliberatly rude posts that seem to have come up recently.

Im sure SM didnt mean to delete yours or other people's even-handed and polite posts, it justs seems they have been burned recently, so I hope you dont take offence. ;)

Bunny - I think I spotted you a few times, but being still rather shy with attendees I havnt met (not with guests though, weird lol) I didnt approach you :D

I bet it was you though and I missed the chance to say a big hello!

Thanks Queen Siddell

It was one of the pit bosses that asked a number of us to go on the forum - I'd know her if I seen her (red haired girl).

My original post didn't go into detail because I may spend time writing it and then it may be deleted, but as "banished from Rohan" said below if they were constructive then they could be discussed. Of course, I could e-mail showmasters directly but I may get better comments from others who attended and share my comments or who want to flame me for over-reacting.

When I've attended other events and things have gone well, then I've said so and there were some good ideas from this event.

Some of us (maybe a lot more) put a lot of time and cost into attending and supporting these events including taking time off work, saving, travelling, etc - we've literally met over 100 people but it's disappointing to see the reactions when following advice.

Incidentally, my comments would also have made some recommendations - not big things but just little ideas to make life a bit easier

Steve

Edited by steevofromglasgow

Steevo - Sorry its come across that way, I have noticed it recently too, but I think its just a precautionary reaction to some deliberatly rude posts that seem to have come up recently.

Im sure SM didnt mean to delete yours or other people's even-handed and polite posts, it justs seems they have been burned recently, so I hope you dont take offence. ;)

Bunny - I think I spotted you a few times, but being still rather shy with attendees I havnt met (not with guests though, weird lol) I didnt approach you :D

I bet it was you though and I missed the chance to say a big hello!

Robert i saw you, starjadzia, thedorklord and timelord81r a few times over the weekend but i wondered if i went up to you all would you recognise me or think i was crazy, lol! Next time maybe at LFCC if you're there i will!

Steevo SM probably deleted your post because i think there has been several problem posters if you get what i mean recently, they were probably just trying to safe guard. Next time if you post specific things i'm sure they will be addressed.

So glad i went Sunday as it was really quiet and even Linda and Patrick went open Q by 1pm...

I was quite surprised to see so many 'big' names on open queue and also how easy it was to get a photo/autograph at the last minute. Is it always this way at events? I'll be at the LFCC next and don't want to be too laid back expecting this one to be just as quiet if it's going to be completely different.

(Just to add though, this is not a criticism of the event that it was quiet, I'd like to think it's more a testament to how well organised it all was).

• Moderators

It's not the first time that it has happened with some of the busiest guests, however it doesn't always happen.

I've certainly seen some guests with full queues right to the end of the day, so I would never take a risk.

So glad i went Sunday as it was really quiet and even Linda and Patrick went open Q by 1pm...

I was quite surprised to see so many 'big' names on open queue and also how easy it was to get a photo/autograph at the last minute. Is it always this way at events? I'll be at the LFCC next and don't want to be too laid back expecting this one to be just as quiet if it's going to be completely different.

(Just to add though, this is not a criticism of the event that it was quiet, I'd like to think it's more a testament to how well organised it all was).

I personally have been doing LFCC since it started and have always found it to be really busy. Someone told me the Sunday of C16 there was the grand prix, rugby and something else on so hence why it was quieter.

You can leave things to see if they go open Q by the end of the day but some guests may leave a bit early and may not be open Q so i wouldn't be laid back if you plan to do LFCC just in case! :D

Thanks Queen Siddell

It was one of the pit bosses that asked a number of us to go on the forum - I'd know her if I seen her (red haired girl).

You can call me QS if you like, easier to type. :D

I think I know who you mean.

My original post didn't go into detail because I may spend time writing it and then it may be deleted, but as "banished from Rohan" said below if they were constructive then they could be discussed. Of course, I could e-mail showmasters directly but I may get better comments from others who attended and share my comments or who want to flame me for over-reacting.

Like I said above, I am sure it was not your intention and I understand why you in this case haven't typed everything. But just naming one or two issues shortly would have helped.

Like BeatrixKiddo and others have said, we did have a couple of people coming on here being very rude and trying to damage the events on purpose, among other things making very general posts how horrible an event was without giving any details. Last year it was particularly bad, and some even played their game long enough to give fake details and then get caught in contradicting stories. I'm sure some who have been on here remember.

Some of us (maybe a lot more) put a lot of time and cost into attending and supporting these events including taking time off work, saving, travelling, etc - we've literally met over 100 people but it's disappointing to see the reactions when following advice.

Like I said in my prior post, I am very surprised to hear any crew member would have given this kind of advice. You were obviously upset at the show and wanted something done. What David and I have posted is normally the general route that all crew members are asked to go. It is the first time ever I hear of a recommendation to come to the forum.

I really apologize that you are upset even more now, that was not anybody's intention.

Incidentally, my comments would also have made some recommendations - not big things but just little ideas to make life a bit easier

Ideas are always good. It may not look to you that way right now, but a lot of things have been added to shows due to attendees' recommendations.

I am sure a general feedback topic will pop up shortly. Maybe you'd like to add your ideas there?

Something like: "Problem: queue jumpers in dedicated guest queues - solution: hand out tickets at the door" always works fine.

QS

Thanks for taking the time to write, it means a lot - I've seen the type of posts you're referring to. I've not written anything so far that wasn't on my original post and so far these comments have stayed.

Showmasters are always going to come under fire and not everyone can be pleased - I'm hoping it appreciates the dedicated hard-core following it has (I'm sure it probably does) - at the end of the day it's an organisation and it has customers like ourselves and so many reading this.

Maybe I get too hyped about these kind of events, I don't know - I check the forums daily and get excited when I see names being posted and we do go to a lot of trouble to attend. In the past year or two, the events have became more enjoyable (I believe I've said such on other event threads) and this was a bit of a "throw-back" for us.

When things were heated on Saturday and I was in with other attendees, I was dis-heartened by some of the comments from others and defended Showmasters but I can't pretend I wasn't disappointed.

Here's my positives from Saturday and I will re-iterate these if a general comments post is provided.

- The photoshoots ran a lot quicker and smoother than ever - although we had shoots with Linda Hamilton and Patrick Stewart, these were by far some of the quickest we've seen.

- Good selection of 12 x 8's as always

- All crew were polite and friendly, showmasters are lucky to have the helpers they do particularly when things get a bit heated.

- The 12 guests we saw were great, particularly Colin Baker, Linda Hamilton and Peter Kwong but all were great.

- Having separate queues outside was a help to some extent

There's a few "grumbles" to do with the above - at present I'm trying to demonstrate that I'm not trying to disrupt the events or just come on here bashing everything.

Steve