A couple questins about CM16 :)

Clairebear14

Hi everyone!

I'm getting geared up for the convention (just over a week!) and I have a couple of questions- hope you can help!

1. At the guest talks is the audience allowed to ask questions? How does that work, is there mikes to go to etc... read it's held in the big stadium (on the grass bit??), so it might be different?

2. Do people dress up for Collectormania? My b/f has a snazzy Mass Effect costume and I have a TNG skant we were going to wear on the Friday, but I've seen a couple videos and it doesn't look like people dressed up!

3. I noticed it said there was no party this year? Will there be an unofficial one anywhere- or where are some good pubs/clubs nearby? (We're from Aberdeen- don't know area at all!)

This is only my second ever convention (first was was another show last month ) and I can't wait!

Most excited for the Voyager crew- it's my fave Trek, a bit gutted Chuckles won't make it though..what are the chances he'll change his mind? :smile:

• Moderators

1. If talks are held, then from what I've seen yes usually the audience ask the questions

2. I know at least a few people who'll be dressing up. You won't be the only ones if you do.

3. Sorry, can't help you on that one. I don't know the area either.

• Moderators

Hi there :smile:

I'll try to help as much as I can too.

1) Talks - none have been announced so far for this event, so I can't say what there'll be or how they will work in this venue. The problem is that we had some scheduled last time but due to weather, they were cancelled. And we're due to be in a different part this time, so we don't really know how it's work as such. However the audience should be able to ask questions, probably with a roaming mic or something.

2) Yes, there's a good mixture of people that dress up, and those that don't. So you won't be alone.

3) There's a few places to go out in MK, but nothing 'official' arranged this time. So probably best to look around the forum and see what's being discussed etc. There's a cinema, lots of restaurants and a couple of clubs in the main area of MK at least.Hope you have a great time :smile:

I'm getting geared up for the convention (just over a week!) and I have a couple of questions- hope you can help!

You seem to be confusing this event with a proper weekend convention, whereas this one is a signing event so a whole different ballgame.

At the moment, I dont think there are any talks schedualed. As has been mentioned, the ones last year were cancelled due to the weather, and it seems we're going to be outside again this time.

Yes people do tend to dress up, it just might not be as pronounced as at a convention, but if you both came dressed up, you wouldn't be out of place. :)

No to the party, its pretty much find a bar/pub in mk and/or hit the Xscape center for something to do. Xscape center is prob your best bet if you dont know the area, and you cant exactly miss it lol

Edited by crippsy_99

Hi ClaireBear - my first post here, need to go and introduce myself on the other board but just HAD to say hi to you as my boyfriend and I are also coming down from Aberdeen for the event!!!

Oh... and can't wait squeeeee!!!!

2. Do people dress up for Collectormania? My b/f has a snazzy Mass Effect costume and I have a TNG skant we were going to wear on the Friday, but I've seen a couple videos and it doesn't look like people dressed up!

You've got to dress up! lol Thats one of the best bits... people will stop you for photo's and alsorts!

I believe there is also a costume competition now too... so register up for that once you are there.

I'll be there sat, sun and mond with my charity costuming group so we'll all be suited up...

I should be going in my mando (custom bobba fett) suit and my 2.5 metre tall General Grievous!!! :D

Thanks for answering all my questions guys!

crippsy_99, yea sorry I'm just used to saying convention because people look at me weird and say "you're going all the way there for an autograph?" lol

TCA DJHicks- that General Grievous sounds terrifying!

leanneee- that's ace!- where about you from? Im in Westhill.

Hope you all have a great time!

3 days :D

I believe there is also a costume competition now too... so register up for that once you are there.

This time round, there isn't one.

http://www.collectormania.com/specialevents.html#cosplay

COSTUMING: COSPLAY MASQUERADE AND COMPETITION

COMPETITION TO BE HELD BOTH ONLINE AND AT EVENT. PLEASE CHECK OUT THE COSPLAY FORUM HERE FOR MORE GENERAL INFORMATION

We will be hosting a cosplay competition at Collectormania 16 on Saturday & Sunday

This is the event where you can show off your costume to the public and compete to win some great prizes!

Registration will take place on the day between 11am and 1pm at the Cosplay Desk. The judging will then be held at the show

All types of costume are welcome, including Anime and Manga, film and TV, video games, comic book characters, original costumes and others. However every contestant must provide a reference picture of their character for the judges. Please read the rules and weapons guidelines carefully as rules may vary between different Showmasters events.

:lol:

Please don't hit me with a chair. I'm the head of cosplay, and due to various reasons I am not running a cosplay competition at Collectormania 16. The website hasn't been updated to reflect this but I don't have access to the site to change it. But trust me, there isn't one.

Edited by TurkFox

Please don't hit me with a chair. I'm the head of cosplay, and due to various reasons I am not running a cosplay competition at Collectormania 16. The website hasn't been updated to reflect this but I don't have access to the site to change it. But trust me, there isn't one.

TurkFox doesn't have the "head of cosplay" as her user title here, but she really is the head of cosplay for Showmasters.

If she's saying there os no cosplay competition at this show, then there really is no cosplay competition.