Lost Season 6 - Episode 14

Lambourne

Lostfinalseasonverticalposter.jpg

EPISODE 14

The Candidate

Notes:

No pre-airing spoilers.

Once the episode has aired in the US then all discussion about the episode is fine.

Also no discussion of any 'next time on..' parts please, as many people don't watch them.

NOTE: Just posting this in DavidB's absence. Feel free to delete it or whatever when you return.

An amazing episode, my second favourite this season after Ab Aeterno.

Reflection of the week: Jack and Claire looking into the music box.

On to the episode... It looks like karma bit Anthony Cooper on the ass in the flash sideways. And poor Claire must be getting pissed off and being left behind once again.

Reflection of the week: Jack and Claire looking into the music box.

Now, the deaths and WOW, Sayid, Frank (?), Sun AND Jin all meet there grisly ends. Sun and Jin's death had to be one of the best in the shows history and as great as Sayid's was it did get a little overshadowed by Sun and Jin's. Also if Frank is dead then his has to be one of the worst deaths for a main character LOL. I did worry that Kate was going to die for a little while there but she seems OK (for now at least)!

blank.gif

blank.gif

What An Episode!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Lost is shocking but really this episode pushed the limits a bit...im starting to worry for the remaining cast now...maybe thats how it will end...they all die!

I kept expecting Jin to leave Sun at the last second and try to get out, tho it got to point I guess where if he had got out he was too deep to reach it to the surface anyway. I hope Frank is ok they need him to fly the plane to safty!

I Dunno what else to say, im just too baffled by it

Still reeling from the shock of watching it last night. Great episode, could've been made much better by Kate dying instead of the others. Was cheering when she was shot, then REALLY frustrated when she survived and others more deserving didnt! I really really want Kate dead!

Have to agree that Kate not dying was a huge disappointment for me, especially as her name had been crossed off so we know shes not important other than to be an annoying b***h.

Absolutely gutted about Sun and Jin as theyd only just found each other again.

Still not sure about the whols sideways flashes and how theyll ultimately tie in with the island reality but guess ive only got three weeks to find out.

Oh My Freaking Guyliner! (Check out Lost Untangled for the reference)

Seriously this episode had one hell of an OMG factor.

R.I.P Sayid, Jin, Sun & maybe Lapidus. :(

Edited by Tanith

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Damn the creators of Lost. Firstly they get my hopes up that the most annoying character in the whole show is going to die (Kate) and then they not only fail to follow through with that but they also kill off Jin and Sun just a week after they were finally reunited. The parent in me was also not happy with this as it means that their baby now no longer has any parents.

That said I think its all a bit of a red herring. Weve now learnt the true intentions of Smokey and we know that in truth hes actually scared of the Losties and needs them gone before he can leave the island. Jack has switched character again and is now back in vengeful leader mode and its clear that Desmond is the key to it all. I think that what we will see is events unfolding in the Crash reality that means that the Non Crash reality is the one that actually happens as this allows everyone to live happily ever after, especially if they know that in an alternative universe they’ve stopped the evil Smokey from escaping from the Island, possibly by sinking it with him trapped there??

Afterall just cause when the plane flew over the sunken island it gave the impression that this was because of the bomb going off, whos to say that the Losties don’t sink the island in the next 4 episodes and by doing so reset time back to the Non Crash reality. This way they’ve done good by stopping Smokey and have also reset their own lives so the crash doesn’t happen, although thye will always have the memories of when it did.

Alternately im completely wrong and don’t know what the hell im talking about

Sadly this episode lost it's impact for me, as I was in London this weekend and got a text from a 'friend' about Sayid, Jin and Sun dying !!

:unsure:

So well and truely spoiled but enjoyable enough when I saw it last night.

Well, at least poor old Frank was a surprise for you.

Good god I cried at Sun and Jin was soooo sad :poki: They're bumping the cast off at an alarming rate, there won't be any left by the last ep!!

superb episode, so sad about the deaths especially jin ad sun that was very emotional, but frank also? man i liked him, he was cool and funny, bit like an older sawyer lol

superb episode, so sad about the deaths especially jin ad sun that was very emotional, but frank also? man i liked him, he was cool and funny, bit like an older sawyer lol