Eclipse Premiere

Olivia-Ann

I've NEVER been to London, nor have I ever been to a premiere.

I'm planning on going, but you can understand why I'm nervous.

A friend will be with me - it's just the sheer concept of being 4 hours from home, camping out in the middle of London :thumbup:

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London is fabulous, it really is - and while I've never spent ages camping out for a premiere, they are always good fun when the excitement builds etc! :)

I'm just looking forward to meeting everyone from here too, and putting faces to names :P

they are leaving it so late hopefully we hear something in the next week or 2 cos i go on holiday in just 2 weeks and i wanna know before then :YAHOO: so i can make plans before i go on holiday so its not a rush when i get back

i wanna go tooo! i need them to hurry and give me dates lol... also would anyone want to share a hotel room for the night at the thing... would probably be cheaper then.... like Jemma... if they havent said anything by the time you go, if i booked the room for 2 you wouldnt have to worry about it as much if that makes sense.... im just trying to make it as cheap as possible for myself here lol

work would be the one big issue that i would have as well.....i work 4 days a week so would be able to book it off if need be....but the wed would be lovely if they did it as its my bday....what a bday that would be!!! :D:P:P

It was on a Wednesday last time, I went to the red carpet as I didn't win a ticket. However since my friends had all abandoned me I was on my own and had to navigate to Battersea Park by myself in the dark :S But London is easy to get around as long as you have a map :rolleyes: I was late though so I had to wait outside, and then we were let in and the body guards said to us we could go inside the event even though we hadn't won any tickets but the only way to get in was to go down the red carpet and we had to move fast as Rob Kristen Taylor and Chris Weitz were on the red carpet. It was a really great event, I got inside and watched the Q&A event too so I got a bit of both :)

But they only announced it a week before the date and venue so be prepared, if it's a Leicster Square premiere you'll need to queue pretty early as it will get jam packed. Bring a friend! I've learnt my lesson as standing by yourself for a while can be boring but you can always make friends there, however knowing my friends I'm probably on my own this time again. Bring food and drink, bring posters and merchandise to get signed and some pens. And be prepared for the weather, as well camera and ipod. It helps :) London is great and since it will be Summer it should be nice weather and be bright for ages, and Leicster Square is a really nice venue and cos it's all pedestrian there aren't any cars around. Even though Battersea Park was lovely and the events arena :angel:

Edited by Chloe :)

me and a friend have been wanting to go to the premier for AGES so if anyone hears anything it would be GREAT to meet up with some ppl who are all as obsessed as we are!!!! :D

Do you mean me? or do you have random other friends i dont know about? and if so why havent i been introduced!!!! :P:angel:

work would be the one big issue that i would have as well.....i work 4 days a week so would be able to book it off if need be....but the wed would be lovely if they did it as its my bday....what a bday that would be!!! :angel::rolleyes::angel:

HAvent you got all that week off for your bday?????????? and lets hope i can get the day off if i can get that job????? But Eclipse Premiere...yes pls!!!!!

It was on a Wednesday last time, I went to the red carpet as I didn't win a ticket. However since my friends had all abandoned me I was on my own and had to navigate to Battersea Park by myself in the dark :S But London is easy to get around as long as you have a map :angel: I was late though so I had to wait outside, and then we were let in and the body guards said to us we could go inside the event even though we hadn't won any tickets but the only way to get in was to go down the red carpet and we had to move fast as Rob Kristen Taylor and Chris Weitz were on the red carpet. It was a really great event, I got inside and watched the Q&A event too so I got a bit of both :)

But they only announced it a week before the date and venue so be prepared, if it's a Leicster Square premiere you'll need to queue pretty early as it will get jam packed. Bring a friend! I've learnt my lesson as standing by yourself for a while can be boring but you can always make friends there, however knowing my friends I'm probably on my own this time again. Bring food and drink, bring posters and merchandise to get signed and some pens. And be prepared for the weather, as well camera and ipod. It helps :) London is great and since it will be Summer it should be nice weather and be bright for ages, and Leicster Square is a really nice venue and cos it's all pedestrian there aren't any cars around. Even though Battersea Park was lovely and the events arena :angel:

You seem to know alot about premieres and stuff and since this is my first one do you know where would be best to stand? I've got a fair distance to travel and I don't want it to be a wasted journey :rolleyes:

Anything else I need to know? :)

It was on a Wednesday last time, I went to the red carpet as I didn't win a ticket. However since my friends had all abandoned me I was on my own and had to navigate to Battersea Park by myself in the dark :S But London is easy to get around as long as you have a map :band: I was late though so I had to wait outside, and then we were let in and the body guards said to us we could go inside the event even though we hadn't won any tickets but the only way to get in was to go down the red carpet and we had to move fast as Rob Kristen Taylor and Chris Weitz were on the red carpet. It was a really great event, I got inside and watched the Q&A event too so I got a bit of both :)

But they only announced it a week before the date and venue so be prepared, if it's a Leicster Square premiere you'll need to queue pretty early as it will get jam packed. Bring a friend! I've learnt my lesson as standing by yourself for a while can be boring but you can always make friends there, however knowing my friends I'm probably on my own this time again. Bring food and drink, bring posters and merchandise to get signed and some pens. And be prepared for the weather, as well camera and ipod. It helps :) London is great and since it will be Summer it should be nice weather and be bright for ages, and Leicster Square is a really nice venue and cos it's all pedestrian there aren't any cars around. Even though Battersea Park was lovely and the events arena :angry:

You seem to know alot about premieres and stuff and since this is my first one do you know where would be best to stand? I've got a fair distance to travel and I don't want it to be a wasted journey :P

Anything else I need to know? :)

I've also attended a lot of Premieres, award ceremonies the Baftas, National Movie Awards and as anyone will tell you, "Dont go up there thinking you will get an Autograph of every single person you want to see otherwise you will be very disappointed." its a lot of hard work waiting around for many hours on end so its always handy to bring a camping stool particularily if the weather is awful.

Secondly try not to drink too much because if you do you will be rushing to the toilet every five minutes and this is Premiere suicide because once you leave your much fought for space someone else will jump in it like a flash - this happened on Wednesday at the National Movie Awards and it got quite ugly.

Thirdly there is never really a good place to stand as some stars will pose for a few pictures and sign Autographs and some will just walk straight in to the venue itself, this happened with Orlando Bloom, Simon Pegg the other day.

Fourth. The more Premieres you go to the more acquainted you'll be with people who do this thing all the time. And of course the more you do it the more likened you'll get to the Autograph habits of the stars because I've already been told who are good signers who are bad signers (i.e. those who refuse to sign) and all that jazz.

Fifth. Decide what is more important to you, Autographs, Pictures or Video, as yet this is something I find myself juggling with because I have my Autograph book/dvd covers to get signed, my eos digitial camera around my neck and my Blackberry shooting video, when it comes to the time when people turn up the atmosphere takes over and you have no idea what to do first.

Sixth. Calling out to the stars. This is something very tricky indeed because there are some actors who will (as mentioned above) be good signers and do the whole damn circuit but there will be some who will sign with Mr. Bloggs and have a picture with Mrs. Bloggs and then clear off inside, yelling to the stars MAY get their attention and they'll come over OR there will be some stars who will obviously be intimidated by this and clear off indoors and then not only has those who have yelled out ruined it for themselves but ruined it for others too.

Seven. As mentioned earlier, NEVER go expecting you'll get everyone on your dvd cover you want because unless you're really lucky this wont happen because there are people like Alan Rickman who refuse to sign anything in anyway affiliated with Harry Potter.

Eight. And this one is very important and will make all the difference as to whether you want your Premiere experience to be a good one or a bad one, MAKE sure you wear clothes that best befit the conditions this is why ever since doing the Baftas I wear thermals and a thick jumper as well as an Umbrella ella ella, or in this case Bella, Bella, Bella.

Edited by KingRichard76

Thanks for all the the help and tips :)

I'm fully aware that I may not get autographs, and as much as I'd like to get them I think I'll be over the moon if I just managed to see them :)

What time do the guests arrive around about? Because I'll be travelling down to London the day before and I'll be camping out, I don't think I'll be able to do without the toilet for that long and I don't want to lose my place lol

I've already got the whole pictures/autograph/video thing covered. I usually just take a video and print screen it so then I get photos too. Saves me juggling everything :)

Thanks for all the the help and tips :)

I'm fully aware that I may not get autographs, and as much as I'd like to get them I think I'll be over the moon if I just managed to see them :)

What time do the guests arrive around about? Because I'll be travelling down to London the day before and I'll be camping out, I don't think I'll be able to do without the toilet for that long and I don't want to lose my place lol

I've already got the whole pictures/autograph/video thing covered. I usually just take a video and print screen it so then I get photos too. Saves me juggling everything :)

You're very welcome.

Guests always arrive around the 5 to 6:30 mark, at 5 thats when the excitement surges and people start crossing their fingers.

Thats a good idea, thats how I got the shots I did of Anne Hathaway at Alice In Wonderland.

I tend to go for video's too, or I ask my friend to handle trying to get stuff signed whilst I stand with the camera :clap: I love premieres and stuff like that, atmosphere is great :D But I think those who get there early will get into the barrier area where it's right next to the cinema entrance and opposite and the rest will have to stand a bit further away though you still get a good view if you're at the front. There's one section reserved for photographers and reporters, but as mentioned it does depend if the star spends time signing stuff or not and you have ot be prepared to get nothing. That's why cameras are the best thing to take with you. Don't give up though, once you've gone along to your first premiere you'll feel more comfortable going to them. I was scared myself when attending New Moon but everyone who is there are pretty much fans so just have fun :YAHOO: And be considerate to everyone else, I was glad no one was shouting bite me in my ear otherwise I think I would have been deaf for the next week XD And try to talk to the stars if you get the chance, you queued for a long time - say hi! :dance: Show them how awesome UK are :D

I went to Leicester Square on Thursday for the Sex and the City 2 premiere, just to see my favourite actor Max Ryan.

I got there at 11am and there were some people already waiting but not big crowds. Obviously this will be a lot different for Eclipse!

The security guy told me that people camped out for 2 days before Harry Potter!

We decided to wait at the spot where the cars arrive and in my opinion it was definitely the best spot!

Everyone from the film took time to walk round and sign stuff before going on to the red carpet and i got great photos of all them. I got chatting with Max for 5 minutes, was so happy!!

We made friends with 3 girls beside us and everyone else was nice, not too much shoving although i think this had a lot to do with it being a slightly older crowd. Eclipse will be madness, i could never cope with it!! :D

:D:dance::dance: i will have EVERYTHING crossed!!!!! i'm at work all day....so may have to ask my mate to look for me......dont think that i could wait till gone 7 in the evening to find out!!!!! ha ha ha!!!!