This possible?

lingham

Hi,

Basically my gf wants to come to ET but doesnt want to go on her own and wants me to go.

Me on the other hand (no offense to anyone) cannot stand anything like this like buffy etc.

I dont really wanna pay £160 odd quid for me to walk round and have no interest what so ever etc.

Is it possible to introduce a guest pass for free who literally will go in and act as a companion for someone and take photos of them with people etc but have no interaction with anyone which would constitute paying for a ticket

If that makes sense as I really want her to go and I know she does but doesnt want to go alone as wont know anyone as is not the making new friends type?

Cheers

Lee

Does she only want the autos and photoshoots or does she also want to go to all the talks and parties? If it's the former, you could just go to the hotel with her and hang around outside the signing/photo bit as it's all timed so she'd only be on her own (as it were) for 30 minutes maximum. If it's the latter, then you'd have to pay (and pay for the same level of pass) as the talks are a huge chunk of what you're paying for so I can't imagine they'd let 'freebies' in!

My boyfriend isnt really interested in this but hes coming with me, on the standard pass you get entry to all the partys and a autograph so im going to get a photo signed with my free autograph and get my boyfriend to take one of my books to get signed with his free autograph and you dont have to buy photoshoots etc so £88 for a standard you can get an autograph from each guest but give it to her i dunno if they will let you go on say a child ticket where u just get entry to all the partys seeing as shes buying a full ticket?? and u say you arent into any of this stuff but i bet u will end up really enjoying urself! lol! :whistling:

Edited by StaciesEclipse

Hi,

Basically my gf wants to come to ET but doesnt want to go on her own and wants me to go.

Me on the other hand (no offense to anyone) cannot stand anything like this like buffy etc.

I dont really wanna pay £160 odd quid for me to walk round and have no interest what so ever etc.

Is it possible to introduce a guest pass for free who literally will go in and act as a companion for someone and take photos of them with people etc but have no interaction with anyone which would constitute paying for a ticket

If that makes sense as I really want her to go and I know she does but doesnt want to go alone as wont know anyone as is not the making new friends type?

Cheers

Lee

I would hope not TBH, as my fiance hates Twilight with a passion but I still had to pay for his ticket!

No way he was paying himself, so I went for the standard, which sucks as if I didnt have to buy his too, I would of gotten silver, BUT if you want no interaction with the guests then I do not see why you would need to pay £160 for a silver? Could you not just buy a standard at £88, your gf can keep your autographs either she can go silver, or she can just pay individually for pictures? I am doing that, as I am not too fussed where I am sat in the talks

My partner really doesnt even want to meet the guests and get autographs as he says he wont know what to say, but I told him to hell with that, if I have paid for his ticket he will get his damn autographs!!! hehe

Ah or do you mean you are buying her ticket too? If so just get her to buy her own, only fair if you are having to pay for yourself too and it is her that wants to go!

x

Edited by Lucretia Cullen

Hi,

Cheers

Lee

I would hope not TBH, as my fiance hates Twilight with a passion but I still had to pay for his ticket!

No way he was paying himself, so I went for the standard, which sucks as if I didnt have to buy his too, I would of gotten silver, BUT if you want no interaction with the guests then I do not see why you would need to pay £160 for a silver? Could you not just buy a standard at £88, your gf can keep your autographs either she can go silver, or she can just pay individually for pictures? I am doing that, as I am not too fussed where I am sat in the talks

My partner really doesnt even want to meet the guests and get autographs as he says he wont know what to say, but I told him to hell with that, if I have paid for his ticket he will get his damn autographs!!! hehe

Ah or do you mean you are buying her ticket too? If so just get her to buy her own, only fair if you are having to pay for yourself too and it is her that wants to go!

x

perhaps the 'boyfriends' can 'man out' together lol my sister is coming with her byofriend and my boyfriend is coming with me, he hates twilight but luckily he loves me more and he bought both our tickets :whistling:

perhaps the 'boyfriends' can 'man out' together lol my sister is coming with her byofriend and my boyfriend is coming with me, he hates twilight but luckily he loves me more and he bought both our tickets :whistling:

aww sweet! My fiance is a complete scrooge hehe, tho, he does work to keep a roof over my head, and feed me, whilst I stay at home with our son, so I guess I shouldnt complain too much :P

Plus he has bought me a load of luna twilight products for mothers day eeeeeee lol

And yeah that sounds like a plan! Maybe some of us should arrange to meet up at some point so 'the boyfriends' can get talking hehe.

x

My boyfriend is coming with me too but he's been twice and he loves the weekend...it is more to do with the fine hotel, swimming pool and the lovely breakfast every morning than Twilight but still.

Just come with her and stay in the hotel...does mean you will miss out on the parties and stuff though so its probably just worth getting yourself a standard anyway...if your missus buys the tickets and you pay for the hotel that way you technically havent paid for it lol

My boyfriend isnt really interested in this but hes coming with me, on the standard pass you get entry to all the partys and a autograph so im going to get a photo signed with my free autograph and get my boyfriend to take one of my books to get signed with his free autograph and you dont have to buy photoshoots etc so £88 for a standard you can get an autograph from each guest but give it to her i dunno if they will let you go on say a child ticket where u just get entry to all the partys seeing as shes buying a full ticket?? and u say you arent into any of this stuff but i bet u will end up really enjoying urself! lol! :whistling:

She aint buying anything lol I was gonna get two standards ie £88 each = £160 ish

Yeah I might do, will see what happens.

TT - is it worth introducing a guest type pass for things like this - might get more people paying?

My hubby doesnt like twilight either. Okay, so he liked the first film, but doesnt read the books or anything

He came along to two Twilight events, and drank at the bar with Jacobs Bints boyfriend :YAHOO:

I know other people that stay at the hotel while the con is on, but go nowhere near the con. They hang in the bar in the evening, and their other halves join them there, during the day, they wander into birmingham.

I do think it is worth spending the money on the tickets though, even a standard.

My hubby got his autos signed for a work friend cos he didnt want them (well, except for his chris hayerdahl which I wanted :YAHOO: ), and he didnt go to all the talks, but he likes hanging around with the friends we have met, and you do make loads of friends at this con.

Plus, hilton........breakfast............pool..............what more can I say :YAHOO:

Welcome to the forum, I hope you come along, introduce yourself, there are always afew of the men camped out at the bar :poki:

i do reckon my boyfriend, his name is Phil, will enjoy the parties loads once hes there, unfortunately i doubt he will be dressing up i think i may have to work on that one and will probably be unsuccessful there lol :YAHOO: don't know how he'll feel waiting around or anything hes like a whirlwind and hardly ever stays still but i also know it will be nice for us having a weekend free of our kids that he probably wont mind waiting around while we do autographs or photoshoots etc it will just be good having some time to ourselves that he wont mind what we're doing :YAHOO:

i do reckon my boyfriend, his name is Phil, will enjoy the parties loads once hes there, unfortunately i doubt he will be dressing up i think i may have to work on that one and will probably be unsuccessful there lol :YAHOO: don't know how he'll feel waiting around or anything hes like a whirlwind and hardly ever stays still but i also know it will be nice for us having a weekend free of our kids that he probably wont mind waiting around while we do autographs or photoshoots etc it will just be good having some time to ourselves that he wont mind what we're doing :YAHOO:

aw, I am bringing my son with me. He is only 11 months (will be 18 months then) and I cant bear to be apart from him lol, so I have bought him some baby ear defenders, the same ones mick jaggers kids use :YAHOO:

I agree on the dressing up, I mentioned it it my partner (Kurt) and got a hell bent NO! Lol, Tho He would probably wear something fitting to the volturi ball, as he has lots of clothes for that anyway...so doesnt really see it as dressing up. No way you'd get him in a cape though hahah.

Edited by Lucretia Cullen

i do reckon my boyfriend, his name is Phil, will enjoy the parties loads once hes there, unfortunately i doubt he will be dressing up i think i may have to work on that one and will probably be unsuccessful there lol :D don't know how he'll feel waiting around or anything hes like a whirlwind and hardly ever stays still but i also know it will be nice for us having a weekend free of our kids that he probably wont mind waiting around while we do autographs or photoshoots etc it will just be good having some time to ourselves that he wont mind what we're doing :D

aw, I am bringing my son with me. He is only 11 months (will be 18 months then) and I cant bear to be apart from him lol, so I have bought him some baby ear defenders, the same ones mick jaggers kids use :D

I agree on the dressing up, I mentioned it it my partner (Kurt) and got a hell bent NO! Lol, Tho He would probably wear something fitting to the volturi ball, as he has lots of clothes for that anyway...so doesnt really see it as dressing up. No way you'd get him in a cape though hahah.

awww i would love to bring my kids but my son is 4 and i've got 17 week old twins and they would be 11 months at the time of the con but with all three it would be nearly impossible lol they would have more fun at nannys for the weekend they'll love it. lol

She has plenty of time to get to know people tbf :D

If you wanted you could just stay in the hotel with us? She would only be alone for a wee while and everyone will kno her by then if she joins the forum! w

If they introduced one of them you can garuntee that folk would use them when they DO want to attend the events.

totally agree, people would start to become sneeky about it. Just cant see how it would work tbh. I think a standard does the job pretty well tbh, i mean if someone went and they didnt want the autos, im sure someone wud, buy a copy of a twilight book get all the autos in that or like many have said, give them to parters so they have two lol

I agree, people could abuse it. Not all, but then people do try sadly :D

Plus, when you think about it, the standard pass is such good value for money

When you think that you can pay up to £25 for someones auto, perhaps more, at signing cons,

You get one from each guest, access to all parties and talks, dealers rooms etc, all for one standard pass, you cant complain really. :(