How Things Work

Too Tall

Hi

I just wondered if there was any chance of having clearer queues during registration on the fri as i queued for quite a while in a queue and when i got to the front i was told it was only for Gold ticket holders so then had to go queue again. there was no way of knowing what queue i was supposeed to be in so i just joined the closest queue to wear i entered!

This was something I noticed too. I am going to look at use having some clearer signage above the reg desk so you know which queue is which.

Thank you!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi i know this is nothing to do with how things work but i was wondering the crew are they like about a lot of the time , because im really rubbish at finding my way to places and were this is my first convention it will make it worse ,so i was just wondering are they about to like help ? :thumbup:

• Moderators

hi i know this is nothing to do with how things work but i was wondering the crew are they like about a lot of the time , because im really rubbish at finding my way to places and were this is my first convention it will make it worse ,so i was just wondering are they about to like help ? :thumbup:

There are always crew about during the day, and plenty of other attendees too! There will always be someone to help if you get lost, hehe.

hey i bought tickets for ET4 at ET3 and i was wondering if i will receive email confirmation about the purchase because all i have is my receipt and reference number.

sorry i'm new to the convention circuit!

Usually you get a registration letter a couple of weeks before the event through the post :rolleyes: When you get to the con, you hand this in at the registration desk for your Con pack, everything will be in there then, schedule, photos for autos etc etc

and welcome to the forum

Lots of people chat on here daily, so join in and you will soon know loads

:D

Edited by Rhianydd

hey i bought tickets for ET4 at ET3 and i was wondering if i will receive email confirmation about the purchase because all i have is my receipt and reference number.

sorry i'm new to the convention circuit!

If you bought at the previous event all you will have is the receipt you got at the time until you get your official letter nearer the date of the convention

hi i know this is nothing to do with how things work but i was wondering the crew are they like about a lot of the time , because im really rubbish at finding my way to places and were this is my first convention it will make it worse ,so i was just wondering are they about to like help ? :(

There are always crew about during the day, and plenty of other attendees too! There will always be someone to help if you get lost, hehe.

lol thanx :)

As etmuse said, the crew are more than happy to help if you approach them, and other attendees are too. You'll likely always see someone around :wub:

aaaw dont be mean ,david as helped me out on loads of questions :)

I have another quesetion :smile:

For the photos; if you buy a standard ticket and thus don't get a photo included, you can buy the 'pass' on the day, right, to have your photo with the guest(s)?

Can you buy more than one? ie buy one for Peter on the Saturday and for PEter on the Sunday? I've seen shots from past cons of people with Kellan & Peter more than once - but not sure if that's a Gold perk, or what not... :)

I have another quesetion :borg:

For the photos; if you buy a standard ticket and thus don't get a photo included, you can buy the 'pass' on the day, right, to have your photo with the guest(s)?

Can you buy more than one? ie buy one for Peter on the Saturday and for PEter on the Sunday? I've seen shots from past cons of people with Kellan & Peter more than once - but not sure if that's a Gold perk, or what not... :)

Yes, you can buy the photo ticket on the day. Sometimes the photo tickets may be on sale online prior to the event, but this will be posted here.

Also yes, you can buy more than one ticket.

Your group will get called at a certain time for the photo shoot, Saturday or Sunday. Normally you have all photos taken during that time slot.

I think it's possible to go through again on Sunday after all groups have been called, but please wait for TooTall to confirm this. (I remember him mentioning something when the question came up for James Marsters during Hallowhedon, but I am really not sure if this was a general rule or not.)

• Showmasters Admin

More than one photo shoot bought.

We would prefer that you get all of them at once as this takes less time and so means we can make sure we get through everyone.

Saying that, the rules are that once you have been called you can join the queue anytime after that. So there is nothing stopping you going in twice (AFTER you have been called).

The reason I'm making a point of "After you have been called" is that usually we only have time to call the Gold and Silver pass holders on Saturday. And from what you've said you've got a standard ticket. So you will likely not get your first one until Sunday and so you "could" come back and get a second later on on Sunday, but I'm afraid having bought 2+ does NOT let you join the queue on Saturday.

More than one photo shoot bought.

We would prefer that you get all of them at once as this takes less time and so means we can make sure we get through everyone.

Saying that, the rules are that once you have been called you can join the queue anytime after that. So there is nothing stopping you going in twice (AFTER you have been called).

The reason I'm making a point of "After you have been called" is that usually we only have time to call the Gold and Silver pass holders on Saturday. And from what you've said you've got a standard ticket. So you will likely not get your first one until Sunday and so you "could" come back and get a second later on on Sunday, but I'm afraid having bought 2+ does NOT let you join the queue on Saturday.

Ah, thanks TooTall - I didn't realise that the photoshoots go in order of what kind of ticket you have. Hadn't really thought about all of that.

Makes sense, cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Groups: Everyone is in a group based on their ticket number. You are simply split into groups of 30. Your group number will be on your con badge next to your ticket number. Please take note of your group number as when we're calling people over the weekend for autographs and photo shoots we will be calling you by group number. If you find you and a friend are in different groups, then please just let us know and if possible we will sort it out so you can both go in the same group.

Might be a silly question and most likely been asked before but how is the "ticket number" issued? Is this just issued as tickets are purchased?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey this is my first con...so...

What time does it start on friday?

do you get a photo and autograph from each guest with a silver pass?

thank you!

Opening ceremony is around 6 PM, registration should start around 2 PM.

Yes, you do get a photo (of all guests doing photo sessions) and one free autograph from each guest with a Silver Pass.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i have a question , its probably really stupid and obvious but i am really stupid lol . but i was wondering when you arrive at the event does everything start straight away or are things set at diffrent times of the day , and if so does sm give you time to sttle into your hotel room or does the event begin a soon as you arrive ? :o

Edited by xxsianyxx

hey i have a question , its probably really stupid and obvious but i am really stupid lol . but i was wondering when you arrive at the event does everything start straight away or are things set at diffrent times of the day , and if so does sm give you time to sttle into your hotel room or does the event begin a soon as you arrive ? :o

The opening ceremony usually starts around 7.00 / 7.30pm. The dealer's room, where you can buy all sorts of merchandise, opens around 4. Gold drinks reception starts at 8ish and the party at 8.30-9, as far as I can remember.

I have so much fun though and a lot of wine at the drinks reception that I hardly pay attention to the time lol :D

If you have any questions at all, just ask. We are all a bunch of friendly people here and we will try and help as much as we can :)

EDIT: just found the schedule for ET3. Apart from the friday afternoon, which there are usually no signings or anything, they pretty much stay the same.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=57119

Edited by Beechy

kk thanx so much u two youve been a great help and i hav plenty more questions lol so is the time table for et3 sort of how the et4 will be layed and when will i receive the time table for et4 ?:P:dance:

Edited by xxsianyxx

kk thanx so much u two youve been a great help and i hav plenty more questions lol so is the time table for et3 sort of how the et4 will be layed and when will i receive the time table for et4 ?:P:dance:

Yes. its roughly the same. They split it up into morning and afternoon for each day. Timings might change as we have more guests for ET4.

The schedule itself is usually posted about a week before the event on the forum but there will be one printed in your registration pack that you get when you arrive at the con.