Bit worried about accomodation

TwilightMum

Hi guys,

We are staying in Hilton on the special rate. We have a twin room booked but it doesn't mention on the Hilton website that they have a minibar in them. I don't specifically want a mini-bar but a family member coming on the trip has a serious medical condition and we need to store some of the medications in a fridge. I just assumed that because it was a Hilton they would have mini-bars as every other Hilton we have stayed in has one.

To make matters worse I have just looked on tripadvisor and lots of people are giving the Hotel awful reviews. There are pictures of some rooms with the celing peeling and mould in the bathroom etc... if we get a room like that it will spoil our weekend as due to the medical condition we need everything to be spick and span.

Did any of you guys stay at the Hotel for the Twilight Proms and how did you find it?

Thanks

• Moderators

Have you contacted the hotel directly regarding the mini bar? I'm sure they'd be very helpful.

As for the quality of the rooms, I know many people that have stayed there and been perfectly happy.

As with any reviews online, there's always going to be a few with bad experiences, so I wouldn't let it put you off completely.

Have you contacted the hotel directly regarding the mini bar? I'm sure they'd be very helpful.

As for the quality of the rooms, I know many people that have stayed there and been perfectly happy.

As with any reviews online, there's always going to be a few with bad experiences, so I wouldn't let it put you off completely.

Hi David,

Thanks for the response, I did contact them and they weren't very helpful to be honest. Looks like I will need to buy one of those portable mini fridges, not sure we will get it on the plane though :D

No minibar in my room for Chevron either.

I've seen better hotel rooms over the years, but I have definitely seen worse. No mold in my room, and nothing peeling from the ceiling either. The room I had at Chevron 7.2 in Bedford was definitely way worse than the Hilton for 7.4.

I've seen better hotel rooms over the years, but I have definitely seen worse. No mold in my room, and nothing peeling from the ceiling either. The room I had at Chevron 7.2 in Bedford was definitely way worse than the Hilton for 7.4.

Thanks guys, I will have a look at those mini fridges and call the airline about taking it with us on the plane, not expecting it to be the most elegant hotel I have ever stayed in but hoping our room will be clean and comfortable I will be happy. I will try phoning the hotel again tomorrow.

Thanks guys, I will have a look at those mini fridges and call the airline about taking it with us on the plane, not expecting it to be the most elegant hotel I have ever stayed in but hoping our room will be clean and comfortable I will be happy. I will try phoning the hotel again tomorrow.

Just a thought but are you friends with anyone that is going that might already have a mini fridge to loan to you? I'd offer but I don't actually own one! It will save the hassle of trying to take it on a plane!

I have stayed at the hotel plenty of times, very room i have stay in have been very nice, warm and clean. There have never a mini bar in any of the rooms i have stayed in. The kettle does come in handy for potnoodles and cup a soups, The first time i stayed i thought there was no kettle at first but the hide it in the cupboard under the TV's.

How about if the hotel can't help you when you arrive that you get the train from Birmingham International to Birmingham New Street and head to Argos in the Palasades Centre (Birmingham New Street Station is underneath the Palasades Centre - you just need to exit the station by going up the escalators next to Burger King) - really close to the station... then you could pop back on the next train. Then if the airline won't let you take it back with you, maybe you could mail it to yourself before you leave? :)

Edited by fanggirl

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your suggestions and offer of a loan it's very kind, love you all already!

I could probably manage with putting it in ice regularly during our trip and just chucking it at the end of the weekend rather than carting it home. I will just open a new bottle when we get home.

See you next week.

xxx