Do you want to meet cast from The West Wing ?

showmasters

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....Stockard Channing does a decent amount of the theatre in the UK.

She does, but that means standing around for hours in the cold at stage doors, hoping to see her for 2 seconds, whilst hundreds of autograph dealers thrust the same 10x8's in her face for her to sign. I'm too old to hang around theatres!! Much prefer the comfort and guarantee of a convention!! :D

She does, but that means standing around for hours in the cold at stage doors, hoping to see her for 2 seconds, whilst hundreds of autograph dealers thrust the same 10x8's in her face for her to sign.

I wouldn't worry about that in Stockard's case. I've met her twice outside theatre in the UK and each time I was the only one there!

I'm too old to hang around theatres!! Much prefer the comfort and guarantee of a convention!! :P

I agree with you on the comfort factor... though comparing that against the cost I'd say I'd prefer to be cold for 30 minutes!

Yes, pleeeeeeeeeeease! I LOVE the West Wing.

BRADLEY WHITFORD would be a dream come true, I would go insane!! Please please please! <3

Rob Lowe would be amazing too, but I'd like Janel Moloney/Alison Janney/Richard Schiff also.

Part of the problem is that The West Wing is not aimed at 22 year olds (neither was Fraiser for that matter). And while the average age at SM conventions is somewhat higher than certain other conventions I could mention, I'd still imagine the vast majority of people are under 25; and a show like The West Wing, or Fraiser, is generally going to be meaningless to them. I don't mean that in an insulting way, it's just got nothing for them to relate to.

Oh and I'm 24 and didn't find it meaningless at all! :D

Edited by crazyminx

ok.. i just watched ALL 7 seasons of the West Wing in 4 weeks! Its just so bloody good!

I love the characters, especially Josh and Donna. They are just adorable! But i love CJ for her convictions and Sam for his sense of right. I love Toby with his stress ball and Mrs Landingham with her bossy ways! And of course i love Barlet. Who wouldnt want a leader like that?

The writing is just some of the best i have ever encountered on TV. Its intelligent and funny all the same time. and it tackles important issues.

There are SO MANY people in this show to choose from, that i would just LOVE to meet!

=x=

ok.. i just watched ALL 7 seasons of the West Wing in 4 weeks! Its just so bloody good!

I love the characters, especially Josh and Donna. They are just adorable! But i love CJ for her convictions and Sam for his sense of right. I love Toby with his stress ball and Mrs Landingham with her bossy ways! And of course i love Barlet. Who wouldnt want a leader like that?

I know, they are SUCH an awesome couple! I made my second ever fanvid for them (after my Spuffy one of course!)

Bradley Whitford ;):D:D

Edited by crazyminx

awwww. A Josh and Donna fanvid! so cute!

I had to stop myself searching for anything about the west wing for fear of spoilers. especially of the josh and donna variety. but i can look to my hearts content now!

*waves the Bradley Whitford flag also*

=x=

Is it really terrible that ive never even heard of the show? XD

Not really - when it started you were ten years old! That's sort of the point I was making earlier in the thread - watching Star Trek at 10 is one thing, but when you're in your early teens by and large you're not going to be watching a high brow show about american politics. That's not an insult - it's just the demographics of the show.

I suspect the audience for these guests (with the possible exception of Rob Lowe) will mirror the audience for the show - older, higher disposable income attendees. As a member of that group I have my fingers crossed - my suspicion is that Jason will pop a guest out there and see what happens. I strongly suspect this 'mystery guest' coming up will be that person.

I must have been about 10 when it started too,maybe a little older. But that shouldnt put you off. Give it a go Emma, i think you'll like it! I know for sure you will see loads of people you recognise from other stuff. Plus is just a bloody awesome show!!

I had to stop myself searching for anything about the west wing for fear of spoilers. especially of the josh and donna variety. but i can look to my hearts content now!

=x=

Lol - I tried to restrain myself from searching for Josh/Donna vids but only managed until around season 4 and then gave in to the urge...think I've watched most of the ones on youtube now! :(

Thought the 'special guest' on Monday was going to be a West Wing person but sadly was not :( Reeeally hope we get one though!

Would love to meet just about anyone from the show - iit was head and shoulders above the vast majority of TV in terms of writing and ensemble. We have a signed pic of Martin Sheen as the president in our lounge - the only auto that's made it in there. Would be fab to add to it.

Would love to meet just about anyone from the show - iit was head and shoulders above the vast majority of TV in terms of writing and ensemble. We have a signed pic of Martin Sheen as the president in our lounge - the only auto that's made it in there. Would be fab to add to it.

Now that's one time I might make an exception and get a photoshoot - Jason could put a "Oval Office" background up, and boom! you've got a picture of you and the President!

=x=

Lol - I tried to restrain myself from searching for Josh/Donna vids but only managed until around season 4 and then gave in to the urge...think I've watched most of the ones on youtube now! :thumbup:

Thought the 'special guest' on Monday was going to be a West Wing person but sadly was not :D Reeeally hope we get one though!

ooooh.... you would have spoiled all the season 7 stuff!!! Especially from "the Cold" it was a long time coming but im glad i didnt find it early.

Now that's one time I might make an exception and get a photoshoot - Jason could put a "Oval Office" background up, and boom! you've got a picture of you and the President!

HOLY COW!!!! i think that may just be the most amazing photo shoot EVER!!!!!

=x=

ooooh.... you would have spoiled all the season 7 stuff!!! Especially from "the Cold" it was a long time coming but im glad i didnt find it early.

I know, I regretted it immediately but I just couldn't help myself... I have low impulse control where Bradley Whitford is concerned! :D

And yeah that photo shoot would be AWESOME!