Going it alone?

ukulelly

Thank god i found this thread its very reassuring to know that everyone is so friendly and welcoming at it because I will only be 18 and it will be my 1st con of any kind as well as travelling alone because none of my friends have taste when it comes to good television:(lol So its really great to see that im not the only one going it alone and I am really looking forward to it now:)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god i found this thread its very reassuring to know that everyone is so friendly and welcoming at it because I will only be 18 and it will be my 1st con of any kind as well as travelling alone because none of my friends have taste when it comes to good television:(lol So its really great to see that im not the only one going it alone and I am really looking forward to it now:)

awwww you will have an awsome time and we promise u wont be alone for long :)

Oh it'll be happening, trust me, im organising it :P

LOL I'd love to see someone get in the way of the meet up happening, Sazzy would mow them down! :dance: x

Cool and is the pub you have in mind far from the Thistle Sazzzy? Sounds like a good idea to me:)

It's just a five minute walk if I remember right. Added you on facebook :coolthumb:

Oh it'll be happening, trust me, im organising it :P

LOL I'd love to see someone get in the way of the meet up happening, Sazzy would mow them down! :D x

Cool and is the pub you have in mind far from the Thistle Sazzzy? Sounds like a good idea to me:)

It's just a five minute walk if I remember right. Added you on facebook :headscratch:

Lmao i so wud :D

It's just a five minute walk if I remember right. Added you on facebook :YAHOO:

Cool. Accepted there :D Its great everyone being so welcoming and this is only on the forum:) I enjoy seeing what it will be lik at the con itself! :P

Its even better, pretty much everyones so lovely and u can just start talking even if u dont know them and there happy to chat! x

I'll be going on my own but a few people I know may be there.

Hi Corinne!

Its me Steve. We met at a con recently which I'm not allowed to mention here :lol:

I've got my flight booked so things look very good for me coming to Hallowhedon 2 so you'll know me at least :YAHOO: I'll also be at the pub meet up too if I arrive as planned.

Hi Corinne!

Its me Steve. We met at a con recently which I'm not allowed to mention here :wub:

I've got my flight booked so things look very good for me coming to Hallowhedon 2 so you'll know me at least :wub: I'll also be at the pub meet up too if I arrive as planned.

Hi Steve!

Glad you're going - I think Debbie, Jo and Susan may be there too, finances allowing.

Looking forward to the pub meetup as I never get to those :wub:

I think i'm going to end up going on my own. Though I shouldn't really, but my job interviews and stuff is picking up so fingers crossed!

Though is anyone travelling down from Birmingham way? I tend to get lost lol.

my friend kirsty si travelling from Bham x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, I'm definitely convinced now, plus I'm a bit of a forum junkie, I'm already checking this before facebook in the mornings :D

Has anyone else gone with a gold ticket before? Is it worth the extra money? I don't want to half-ass this so I'm getting the gold if it's a better experience - the Friday night thing with the guests looks really good, I've already nosied at all the pictures on the facebook group :)

hello neighbour!

i'm in worthing and like you i will be on me todd and this is also my first con :P have gone with the gold ticket too for same reasons as you it would seem :D

maybe we could meet up en-route????

take care

K

Hey!

I went off the idea of coming to Hallowhedon as I got really scared about coming by myself but just been talked back into it and found your reply!

Would be cool to meet up en-route - I'm thinking of going by coach. Where are you staying?

Elly

Hey, im going it alone as well, its my first con, but im pretty sure that you wont be alone, everyone ive talked to about it have been really nice and inviting, i CANT wait :D

Same here Luke...apart from the first con thing, I've been to a couple but I've always had someone with me (the only con anyone ever talked to us was Bad Wolf 2010) anyways our mini convo's on YouTube have got me totally hyped up...I reckon this will be the best con ever!!

Finally confirmed. Also on my own. Brother can't attend due to work reasons- i.e inability to get time off for three events in a row, this, Warp 10, Chevron. SoI have browsed the 'Introduction Thread' and discovered that it is mostly populated by females (what's going on?) and I that 'know' the following people;

Etmuse - even though we have not had a proper chat yet.

Timelord81r - Mr Photoshoot, although I'm not sure if he is attending anymore. I have lost track of what events he is doing. I expect he has as well :D

Elspeth - I recognise from being in front of me in the HW2 ticket queue at HW1. We probably did speak but I can't remember as I was 90% asleep at the time.

Natfrog5 - I also recognise. Think we spoke in a photoshoot queue somewhere.

CosmicAvatar - Also recognise. No idea why. Sorry!

This has taken ages to type as my space bar keeps sticking. Every word I get multiple spaces before I can stop it to type the next word. Now where's my screwdriver....

Edited by 1of2

no one will stay allone in the convention family! i organized a "warm up drink meet up" with all my facebook friends at the best sellers bar, 1st floor at the thistle at 6 pm. opening ceremony last year started at 7?

so if you´re allone meet us at the "warm up drink", we´re nearly 20 at the moment... ;)