UK TV show cons ? would you go to an event like this ?

showmasters

236 members have voted

1. 1. vote for a single show you would go to a con for

• Ashes to Ashes / Life on Mars
    • Spooks
    • Law & Order: UK
    • Hustle
    • Merlin
    • Skins
    • Paradox
    • Robin Hood
    • The Tudors
    • Survivors
    • Day of the Triffids
    • Bring human
  2. 2. vote if you think this combination works for a con

• Spooks , Hustle
    • Merlin , Robin Hood
    • Paradox , Survivors
    • Bring Human , Life on Mars
    • Robin Hood , The Tudors
    • Day of the Triffids , Paradox
    • Law & Order: UK , Spooks
  3. 3. vote if you think more shows in one con would also work

• Spooks , Hustle , Life on Mars
    • Robin Hood , The Tudors , Merlin
    • Day of the Triffids , Paradox , Survivors
    • Bring Human , Life on Mars , Paradox

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Showmasters Admin

I would love any event which meant being human guests would be at a convention personally. I think that it could be good with Life on Mars as I love both shows, however aren't sure in the scheme of things how they'd compliment each other at a convention.

• 3 months later...

Merlin and Doctor Who would be great, but throw in Primeval too, and you can be 10000% sure that I'd turn up! Three of my fave shows in one convention.. ;):D

Edited by Tina197

I do think it is a really good idea to have a mixed show con of maybe three shows,

but wonder if being human would be better mixed up with others such as vampire diaries (I know they are only just hitting the uk) and True Blood

I've thought of a possible combined convention ... 'Secrets and Magic' to include Merlin, Harry Potter, and maybe the Chronicles of Narnia and Charmed aswell?? pretty please???!!! (as long as there is a key member of the Merlin cast I would go)

Lizzie

I'm of a mind of the same thing - mixing US and UK shows of the same type/genre as there is often a combined fanbase. Or mixing various "versions" of the same topic. So, on top of the vampire-y and magic-y themes suggested by m'colleagues, you could do:

- No-tights superheroes: Heroes/Misfits/No Ordinary Family/Smallville

- Full-on superheroes: Smallville/Batman ('66)/Lois & Clark/all the recent comic book movies

this one seems so obvious - almost certainly a shared fanbase, a great range of actors to choose from, plus you could widen it to comic book artists and writers, too

- Arthurian Legend: Merlin/Excalibur/Monty Python & The Holy Grail/etc

- Robin Hood: Robin of Sherwood/Prince of thieves/Men In Tights/Maid Marian & Her Merry Men/The recent BBC one etc

plus you could have literary/historical experts doing sessions, the banquet/ball would be a hoot-and-a-half, and, venue permitting, things like archery and whatnot. Heck, you could even stage it in Nottingham!

- Espionage-y/spy stuff: Bond/Bourne/24/Spooks/etc

Plus you could do old/new cop shows (a Sweeney/Life on Mars mix could be fun!), or old sitcoms as several have suggested... Heck, a "Heroes of Comedy" con would be awesome, but I don't see much in it for the dealers at something like that which I guess is part of the considerations.

These style/genre combos might work better than trying to mash current TV shows together, and as long as the guests are fairly evenly shared, it might all work out. And mixing the US and the UK should allow for a wider (and, I'm assuming, economic) range of interesting guests that are more likely to have a shared fanbase.

And I'm not necessarily saying I'd choose to go to any/all of these (well, some. Robin Hood is a big maybe, and the Superheroes one, I mean, come on!) but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would.

Anyway, hope this helps...

We need a UK crime show based con:

Life On Mars

Ashes To ashes

New Tricks

Hustle

Law & Order UK

Spooks

Silent Witness

Midsomer Murders

Garrows Law

Luther

Waking the Dead

Sherlock

Wire in the Blood

Inspector Linley

Taggart

A WALKING DEAD themed con would be brilliant as it has a huge fanbase of TV and comic fans alike! .... PLEEEASE!

UK TV show con?!?!

We need a UK crime show based con:

Life On Mars

Ashes To ashes

New Tricks

Hustle

Law & Order UK

Spooks

Silent Witness

Midsomer Murders

Garrows Law

Luther

Waking the Dead

Sherlock

Wire in the Blood

Inspector Linley

Taggart

Actually this is the first post I've agreed entirely with!! :clap: Although I'm not fussed about the Ashes to Ashes cast as I've met them all already but Spooks, Inspector Linley, Wire in the Blood, The Bill etc....yes please!! :dance::D

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

SKINS SKINS SKINS SKINS SKINS! :WINCE:

If we could even just have 1 of the gang (of any of the gangs) come it's be amazing....I mean there are like 24-26 main cast members all of which are UK based. Why not just get 1 or 2 along to a big signing event and see what the reception is?

I mean there are 3 entirely different casts...lots of scope for actors to come along :)

xxx

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...