Civil War - Themed Party

Jemma

this is actually the party im making the most effort for. Im alittle worried im going to stand out.

id love to wear false eyelashes but im so bad at putting them on!

dont worry about standing out me and my friends are going all out too :-)

YAY :D has yours arrived yet? ive got this feeling their wont be many of us going all out but there will be some dress doubles...

mine got here today I was a little upset cuz there was no white lace on the back liek the picture but my mum has kindly offered to put some on for me! I dont have my hoop skirt yet so its so long at the moment I'm still looking for a decent but cheap one.

is your outfit here yet?

Nope mines not here yet. I have a hooped skirt i got off ebay 2yrs ago, its a size 8-18 and feels alittle odd on....... is the rest of your dress ok??

the one i have just has one hoop, and the dress i bought that needed the hoop actually didnt have enough material in it, so really didnt need the hoop!!! I'll see how it goes when i get the civil war dress but im thinking it may be better to have a 2 or 3 hoop skirt to give it more structure :wub: thats just a guess right now though :D

blimey those two really mean business!!!!

Im tempted to try in my hoop later, i think the actual hoop bit is adjustable as well. I was just happy to have found it from where i had stashed it!! I will let you know when ive tried it on with the civil war dress.

I won mine a few days after you i think so im thinking it should arrive next week. Did you get any custom charges?

I just did some measuring and the 4 hoop is 120 inches at the bottom and the 6 hoop is 140 inches and after getting my tape measure and staning in the circle of the sizes I've decided I'm going all out and getting the bigger one! as my mum said if I'm gonna do it I might as well do it properly haha!

no I didnt get any custom charges so the money I put aside for that can buy the bigger skirt haha! I hope you are lucky enough and dont get charged either I'm suprised how quick it actually came

ok so i may be being really stupid, but i cant work out how to load a pic lol i got a hat and wanted to post a pic but majorly failed lol can someone please tell me how to do it? pretty please :P lol

You need to upload it somewhere first like Facebook or Photobucket :) x

ahh that would explain why i cudnt do it lol Thank you :D

Hey i'm new to these forums and this wiil be my first ET! my sister and I are going and i just wanted to pop in here and see what people where planning on wearing for this party cos i have seen some dresses that i want to order but i didn't want to stand out if others weren't doing the same!!! but it looks like everyone has the same idea!!! yay!

Hey i'm new to these forums and this wiil be my first ET! my sister and I are going and i just wanted to pop in here and see what people where planning on wearing for this party cos i have seen some dresses that i want to order but i didn't want to stand out if others weren't doing the same!!! but it looks like everyone has the same idea!!! yay!

My sister and I are going also....we had the same dilemma but have decided on wearing a couple of ballgown type dresses ( maybe not full on civil war replicas) and making an effort with our hair, ringlets and such. My advice for these theme nights is, go for it!!!

I've found a dress for this party! I decided I simply could not afford to get a new dress for this so I'm just wearing a party dress thing. Not civil war related in any way but it's a nice dress and I'm dressing up for the other two so I thought I'd just give this one a miss! Anyway tell me what you think ..........

You can kind of see it on this one! I'm on the right in the purple

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3025...id=118627526034

Another one!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3025...id=118627556034

So yeah ha not civil wary buy oh well! Oh and excuse the stripper poles!

Edited by popstar!!