Debbie Reynolds

keithporter23

Is there any chance of asking Debbie Reynolds to appear? She is touring her one woman show around the same dates as Autographica. She would make an ideal guest.

Showmasters - let me know via this forum, if you'd like her/agents contact details to enquire.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one fact fans - apparently back in the day (mid 90's) Debbie used to sign Carrie's autograph requests. So through the post you were getting carrie fishers autograph signed by debbie Reynolds!

I believe Janet Leigh did the same for Jamie Lee Curtis.

• 2 weeks later...

it costs around Xxxxxx to book Debbie Reynolds.Good luck on that one!

Wow!! Is that all? I think she's worth far more than xxxxxx.

Can I ask where you get your information Bigcat - are you a Hollywood agent or something? If so, do you have a price list we could refer to for other Hollywood celebs we'd like to see attending?

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Can I please ask that guest fees at NOT discussed on the forum. These are private matters between the Shows and the guests themselves.

Also the amounts mentions can be incorrect and are unvarifiable. A guest maybe X amount at one show but at another because they personally want to be in the country they may take a smaller fee so they get their flight tickets covered. This is just one instance. Another is that the Events may do a 2 show deal etc etc etc. Every deal is different and every deal is private. So please lets keep it that way.

Can I please ask that guest fees at NOT discussed on the forum. These are private matters between the Shows and the guests themselves.

Also the amounts mentions can be incorrect and are unvarifiable. A guest maybe X amount at one show but at another because they personally want to be in the country they may take a smaller fee so they get their flight tickets covered. This is just one instance. Another is that the Events may do a 2 show deal etc etc etc. Every deal is different and every deal is private. So please lets keep it that way.

You may want to pop onto the Julie Andrews thread as there is a similar post on there from the large feline.

Sorry Too Tall - my posts regarding fees were strictly sarcastic replies, as obviously we have no way of knowing what costs are involved for securing guests, and frankly it's none of our business :smile: just as long as you keep 'em coming

Edited by keithporter23

• 4 months later...

Sorry Too Tall - my posts regarding fees were strictly sarcastic replies, as obviously we have no way of knowing what costs are involved for securing guests, and frankly it's none of our business :thumbup: just as long as you keep 'em coming

why would you feel the need to post sarcastic replys? Thats a bit sad and lonely isn't it!

• Moderators

I don't really think replying to a post from 4 months ago to call someone 'sad and lonely' is necessary.

Please try to avoid aggravating situations that have been finished for a long time.

why would you feel the need to post sarcastic replys? Thats a bit sad and lonely isn't it!

...as is trolling forums to post a nonsense reply to long-dead topics from months ago!! By the way, I always thought the word was actually 'replies' not 'replys'.

I can only guess your name bigcat is done purely for sarcasm too :D

Back to the point - Debbie Reynolds would still make a great guest - thanks for bringing it back to our attention Littlepussy - sorry I meant bigcat!!

I would love meet her because

A: Carrie was one of my best ever guest meet n greets! :WAVE:

B: She is fab in her own right and I have "Good morning" on my MP3 alarm clock! :lol:

Sad to hear there is no chance of her coming to an event but if anyone has any success

stage dooring her at the show please do share.

Saw Debbie Reynolds in Bristol last night, after a great show she met everyone who was waiting for her. She stood out of the cold just inside the stage door and everyone came in one at a time.

I got her autobigraphy and a photo from How the west was won signed.

There were about twenty five waiting and she was very friendly.

The stars from this era still know how to treat fans.

I had a very similar experience last night. Saw her in Leicester and she was brilliant. Fantastic show that I'd definitely recommend to any fan of the Golden Era of Hollywood. Even at 78 she sang great, was very funny in the talking parts between songs, and truly knows how to entertain an audience.

Definitely a show that any fan of classic films would love. If you can catch her on this current UK tour around the country, or the dates in London, then you won't be disappointed.

Afterwards we went to the stage door. There were about 40 waiting. She was just inside the stage door, and we were let in two at a time. She signed (had her own pen ready), and we posed for photos with her, including the use of flash (handed our camera to a young woman who was doing the same for anyone who wanted a photo with Debbie - not sure if she worked at the venue or was part of Debbie's team, but she did a great job of taking photos).

As someone who has done a lot of stage doors over the years I have to say this was one of the very best experiences I've had. Venue security were all polite, all the fans waited patiently with no pushing (which of course is the key to these things working well), and Debbie herself was an absolute delight to meet. She must have been tired after putting on such a great show but she made sure that she met every single person, even waving to us as she came out after the meetings to get on her tour bus. A true star who knows how these things are important to us as fans, and gives as much of herself as possible, with everyone leaving with great memories of having met a real legend.

I really hope that she is a guest at a future Autographica. I've been to every Autographica apart from the first one, and I have no doubt she would be one of the very best guests ever at the show.

She would be able to be very funny at the dinner, and she would be great at the signing and meetings with fans.

And I would guess based on last night that she would be fine with doing a photo shoot, and would be one of the best ever at doing a talk.

And of course some of her co-stars are already Autographica guests, Ernest Borgnine last year and now Leslie Nielsen this year.

I really hope that she can be a future guest. She'd definitely make it a very special show.

We have front row tickets for her show in Leeds and cannot wait to see it (and hopefully meet her afterwards!). Ms Reynolds is an absolute Hollywood icon and would be a welcome addition to any future Autographica show.

We have front row tickets for her show in Leeds and cannot wait to see it (and hopefully meet her afterwards!). Ms Reynolds is an absolute Hollywood icon and would be a welcome addition to any future Autographica show.

You're definitely in for a great time next weekend when you see her. I wish I could see the show again actually, thats how good she was. And I hope you get to meet her. Even if theres a lot of people at the stage door, based on last night its worth waiting. We were amongst the last to meet her, but as I said she made sure she met everyone who took the time to wait.

We were third row and it was a great experience being so close, so you should be excellent in the front row.

By the way, she also allowed photos to be taken during the show. Quite a few in the first few rows were taking them. I do think its best during any show to not use flash though. I noticed a venue staff member ask someone in the 2nd row to not use flash. Whether that was a venue thing or Debbie's request I don't know. But being that close and with digital cameras now theres really no need to use flash during the actual show. And its good that she allows photos during the show at all, as some don't like any taken.

And you're right, she is an icon. Not many of those left now from Hollywood's past. Looking at the stars you usually make suggestions for as guests I think we have very similar tastes in who we'd like to see. These true legends like Debbie, Tony Curtis, Doris Day, Jane Russell, Maureen O'Hara, Olivia de Havilland, Kirk Douglas, Julie Andrews, Leslie Caron, Lauren Bacall etc are the stars that I like the best. And even when we've had them as guests, like Tony Curtis, George Kennedy, Ernest Borgnine, I'd like to see them back again. There aren't many chances to meet real legends and thats what keeps me coming back to Autographica.

Edited by spocks-brain

And you're right, she is an icon. Not many of those left now from Hollywood's past. Looking at the stars you usually make suggestions for as guests I think we have very similar tastes in who we'd like to see. These true legends like Debbie, Tony Curtis, Doris Day, Jane Russell, Maureen O'Hara, Olivia de Havilland, Kirk Douglas, Julie Andrews, Leslie Caron, Lauren Bacall etc are the stars that I like the best. And even when we've had them as guests, like Tony Curtis, George Kennedy, Ernest Borgnine, I'd like to see them back again. There aren't many chances to meet real legends and thats what keeps me coming back to Autographica.

Yes, i'm definitely a fan of the iconic Hollywood stars, like you i'd be happy to see them all returning too. That little list of names you mention above are mostly stars who have done some kind of signing sessions in the past (whether it be at a convention or a book signing) so are always a possibility of being Autographica guests.

I'd love to see more guests of this calibre appearing in the future. I'm sure the likes of Doris Day and Jane Russell could be persuaded to attend, if money was being raised for their charities.

I'd love to see more guests of this calibre appearing in the future. I'm sure the likes of Doris Day and Jane Russell could be persuaded to attend, if money was being raised for their charities.

I agree. I would just love to meet Jane and Doris, two of my biggest favourites. Brigitte Bardot too is another where her animal charity work could be a good reason for her to appear.

Lauren Bacall did a London book signing a couple of years ago but I didn't know about it till after, plus she's been on chat shows here quite a lot in recent years so she obviously likes coming to the UK.

I'd be over the moon to have any of these great legends appear, as I always am with all the other film legends Autographica has had over the years.

One other thing I meant to say about Debbie's show. At the very end there was of course a standing ovation. And just before she left the stage she shook hands with fans at the very front. I managed to get from my third row seat to the front to do that. So with you being in the front row that should be a possibility, and for anyone going to the shows who are close to the front. I was very pleased with doing that, so then the stage door meeting was a real bonus.

I'm sure everyone going to see her will enjoy the show, and it will be a treasured memory for any film fan.

One other thing I meant to say about Debbie's show. At the very end there was of course a standing ovation. And just before she left the stage she shook hands with fans at the very front. I managed to get from my third row seat to the front to do that. So with you being in the front row that should be a possibility, and for anyone going to the shows who are close to the front. I was very pleased with doing that, so then the stage door meeting was a real bonus.

I'm sure everyone going to see her will enjoy the show, and it will be a treasured memory for any film fan.

Just went out and bought a new camera especially for the show!

Thanks very much for everyones perspective on this.

Pleased to see the consensus of opinion is she is still a class act

and a more than viable stage door target :thumbup:

Just went out and bought a new camera especially for the show!

Excellent. :thumbup: Couldn't be a better reason than seeing a true legend. Good luck with the show, hope you get some great shots and get to meet her.

Pleased to see the consensus of opinion is she is still a class act

-----

She is fab in her own right and I have "Good morning" on my MP3 alarm clock!

I've definitely got to do that too IG69. I watched the always amazing Singin' In The Rain for the umpteenth time a day before seeing her and I've had that song in my head ever since :D

I have booked to see her in London in May. I am looking forward to the show - it sounds great. I will be hoping to meet her at the stage door too and hope she does not get beseiged by dealers there. It sounds like it will be a wonderful evening!

I have booked to see her in London in May. I am looking forward to the show - it sounds great. I will be hoping to meet her at the stage door too and hope she does not get beseiged by dealers there. It sounds like it will be a wonderful evening!

Yes, that dreaded 'D' word - those dealers can be a nightmare for true collectors and fans. That's why Debbie would be a great guest to attend Autographica - you'd be guaranteed to meet her, plus a talk/lecture with her would be great.