Easy Hotel

cookies41

Hey guys. This may sound slightly strange but here goes:

I've booked for the Easy hotel the weekend of London because I realised that quite a few people from the forum were planning on staying there. Now I am a firm believer in strenght in numbers and I personally don;t have much of a clue where I'm going, and don't fancy turning up late because i got lost. So my suggestion is we maybe meet up at a specified time and all walk down together. I know this depends on what time we all want to be there but I just thought it might be a good way for people to get to know others more and to make sure we all get there on time and don't get lost :YAHOO:

Im only booked in on the Sat night, so as far as I understand, I can't check in until 3pm, so i'm going straight to venue on the Saturday morning, lugging baggage etc til then lol

Ditto but if anyone's up for a walk back on the saturday night that'd be good - safety in numbers in the dark in a place we don't know I'm thinking, we'll have all our stuff with us too and will need to know where we can get food and possible beverages - and i know no drunken-ness in the bright rooms but would be nice to have a couple. Don't even know if the place has a bar or anything lol

^_^

Ahh they'll be no worrying about that as I don't think I'll be drinking when i go to this lol. Darthnad glad to see your up for it and what ur cosplaying as?

Got my Stargate SG1 garrison uniform on its first outing!

:D:D:D:D

Im only booked in on the Sat night, so as far as I understand, I can't check in until 3pm, so i'm going straight to venue on the Saturday morning, lugging baggage etc til then lol

Ditto but if anyone's up for a walk back on the saturday night that'd be good - safety in numbers in the dark in a place we don't know I'm thinking, we'll have all our stuff with us too and will need to know where we can get food and possible beverages - and i know no drunken-ness in the bright rooms but would be nice to have a couple. Don't even know if the place has a bar or anything lol

:D

Fingers crossed theres a bar or 2 close to the hotel

See I keep asking this question in various places and don't seem to be getting an answer, and me and the boy would like an evening meal if possible lol from what I've seen on google maps - yes I've looked - there is a tesco quite near but as already pointed out somewhere else their walking distance isn't always what the average human walks at lol

:D

See I keep asking this question in various places and don't seem to be getting an answer, and me and the boy would like an evening meal if possible lol from what I've seen on google maps - yes I've looked - there is a tesco quite near but as already pointed out somewhere else their walking distance isn't always what the average human walks at lol

:(

I stay there for LFCCs and have done a few years.

Tesco is literally 5 minutes away (and has a costa coffee inside) - on the same road as EasyHotel and about 3 "blocks" away.

I always pay a visit to Nandos which is on Earls Court Road, and about 10 mins walk from the hotel. Quite a few pubs (all serve food) are all on the same stretch, and restaurants - or McDonalds, KFC and M&S food if you wanted something to take back.

All in that above are between 10-20 mins from the hotel at normal walking speed.

(Perspective: I'm a 5"3 girl. my normal walking speed gets me to work in 45 mins, work is 2.7 miles on google maps. So, if you are taller/fitter/faster then they are even nearer time wise lol)

Thanks folks that's exactly what I needed - might print a map off just so we can keep track of the general direction lol I knew it wouldn't be far but yeah not having someone who knows london with us is making the prospects of walking round a bit scarier :D

eeeeee getting excited now :D

^_^

• Moderators

Always useful for walking anywhere - at least in the cities that it covers - is walkit.com - it helpfully includes things like 'walk past Tesco' and has estimates on time taken at a variety of walking speeds.

I will be booking with Easy Hotel. Will be flying down on the saturday morning and going straight to event.

so if anyone wants to meet up for a few beers after the event let me know, would be good to get something sorted in advance but if not say hi to me at the event if you want to catch up later for a beer . I should be wearing my Spidey outfit again.

Cool well their seems to be a few people staying at the hotel so this sounds good. Well closer to the event we should suggest a time and a place to meet although it would depend what time people want to go down on both days. I dunno bout everyone else but I would like to get low VT's for guests on both day lol :D let me know what time everyone thinks

All sounds good folks, we're going straight from the train to the show saturday so count us out of that but drinks/sharing the walk back saturday night and well the walk sunday morning all sounds good.

I wana get low VTs but never used the sytem before, didn't need to at LFCC but thinking we will this time lol

closer to the time i'll keep my eyes peeled :thumbup:

^_^

Are there any Twilight fans staying at the Easy Hotel?!

Rather than pay £5.00 for the pleasure of watching cack TV I was planning after CM on the Saturday night to go find something to eat (probably just Mcdonalds or something equally cheap) and then find somewhere showing New Moon (which I presume most places will be, but I'll check beforehand) and go see it (again..by then!)

Would be nice to have some company though....if anyone wanted to join me?!

xC

Are there any Twilight fans staying at the Easy Hotel?!

Rather than pay £5.00 for the pleasure of watching cack TV I was planning after CM on the Saturday night to go find something to eat (probably just Mcdonalds or something equally cheap) and then find somewhere showing New Moon (which I presume most places will be, but I'll check beforehand) and go see it (again..by then!)

Don't know whether you're talking about the Lexham Gardens/Kensington Easy Hotel, or the Cromwell Road/Earls Court Easy Hotel, but they're both only about half a mile or so from the Odeon on High Street Kensington, which certainly has showings listed for 2030 and 2320 on Saturday 21/11, and I'd guess would probably have them for the next Saturday as well.

In fact the Odeon on Hight St Ken is on the way back from Olympia to the Easy Hotels, so you could go straight there from the event and food, rather than going back to your hotel first and then going out again.

Further up High St Ken towards the tube station there is a McDonalds, and a Pret A Amnger, and a bit further up still there is a Pizza Hut (corner of High St Ken and Ken Church Street), a Wagamamas and the Stick And Bowl (an excellent but reasonably-priced Chinese). Fairly close to the cinema and just off High St Ken is former Rolling Stones' bassist Bill Wyamn's "Sticky Fingers" American style diner/bar. Good food and great old rock Collectables, but probably not recommended if you're on a budget - half pound burger with fries and a beer is about £13. It's basically an alternative Hard Rock Cafe.

Check out this link for food near High Street Ken tube and this one for food near Olympia. Strangely they don't seem to list the 2 Pizza Expresses that are near Olympia, and on Earls Court Road near High St Ken, so the links may not be complete, but do give some idea of what's available.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd bring this topic back up as there is only a week to go to the event :pyth: Super excited guys!

Ok so just thought a general poll of when people would like to get to the event on each day? Obviously it depends on a)what ticket you are and :thumbup: which guests you want to meet. As I'm an early bird I would preferably (sp?) like to get there for bout 8ish each day definitely around that time on Sunday as I'm going for John.

So any thoughts about what time we should set off? Meet? Whether we are all still up for it?

Thread revival ftw!!

Well we're getting straight off the train and heading to the event Saturday so won't be able to join you then but Sunday we might get early bird depending on what we have left to get.

However if anyone like us won't be checking in until after the show Saturday then meeting afterwards for the walk back would be a good idea?? Bearing in mind we'll prob want to stop at Tesco on the way :)

YAY!!! :WINCE:

:YAHOO: