Who else would be going this alone?

avensia

I'm quite tempted by this event but am being a little put off by the fact no one else I know wants to go :D I've been to cons before but never on my own and although I'm not particularly shy, just not sure I have what it takes anymore to just randomly try and meet people there. Anyone else in the same boat? Was wondering if there were others who would maybe like to get into a PM support group or something so we all feel like we at least vaguely know someone else there when it comes to it! People perhaps not looking for roomies, but just others to spend time with. I'm holding back on committing to this until I feel a bit more comfortable with the fact I'll be all on my todd! Would especially like to know if any older people will be going, thirties and up!

And yeah, I'm in my thirties female if anyone was wondering ;)

I'll be on my own! I know a few people from here though, so hopefully once I get there I'll see some familiar faces :D

If you post on here a bit, you soon get to know some people who are going plus quite often, a bit closer to events, there are threads where people post their photos so you recognise faces when you're at the event, so you'll be fine. Also, I've always found that people at the event are friendly and you'll often find a group to hang with for the weekend.

Edited by Laurenx

• Moderators

The good thing about this event being so far away time-wise is that there's plenty of time to get to know lots of people on here beforehand.

So I'd suggest talking to people on MSN, adding them on Facebook etc, then by the time Bitten comes around you'll definitely not be alone :smile:

if my friends cant come to this i will be going on my own :D so i would be more than happy to chat to others who are going it alone and meet up x

oh and i am 34 xx

hey. Im 32 and hope to attend. Not sure if my husband would be able to come so I would probably be on the same boat as you. No-one I know has any interest in going to cons, they don't get it!!! :D who's the sad one me or them?

Edited by vampirellie

Don't be scared of going alone. I usually do go alone to conventions and I've run into some great people that way. Just strike up a conversation if you can. In the queues, at the bar, whatever. I recognized a forum member in the lift (of all places) at my first convention and talked to her there; she spotted me looking lonesome in the bar later and invited me to join her and her friend, and although I haven't managed to catch her since, I did see her friend and hung out with her and her mates at two subsequent conventions instead and had a great laugh. It can literally be as easy as that. Try it.

Oh, and I'm in my thirties, although I won't be by the time I get to this convention. :drool:

if my friends cant come to this i will be going on my own :( so i would be more than happy to chat to others who are going it alone and meet up x

oh and i am 34 xx

hey. Im 32 and hope to attend. Not sure if my husband would be able to come so I would probably be on the same boat as you. No-one I know has any interest in going to cons, they don't get it!!! :( who's the sad one me or them?

Oh I get that all the time from people that just don't 'get' why you'd want to go to anything like this. Maybe if they ever tried it they'd know, so it's definitely them that are sad and not the rest of us! At least that's the view I'm sticking to.. :(

People shouldn't debate about coming, you just should :poki:

It'll be awesome! And it's not like it's next week and no one can make friends before then, so yeah everyone needs to come :D

Sorry...... :D Ok i'm not so much debating about coming, as i really want to come to this, but with it being so far in advance, i'm still waiting for some dates for my competing to come through for next year.....and i will be there so long as they all dont clash!!! :P

if my friends cant come to this i will be going on my own :poki: so i would be more than happy to chat to others who are going it alone and meet up x

oh and i am 34 xx

hey. Im 32 and hope to attend. Not sure if my husband would be able to come so I would probably be on the same boat as you. No-one I know has any interest in going to cons, they don't get it!!! ;) who's the sad one me or them?

Oh I get that all the time from people that just don't 'get' why you'd want to go to anything like this. Maybe if they ever tried it they'd know, so it's definitely them that are sad and not the rest of us! At least that's the view I'm sticking to.. :D

hiya all,

well they are all missing out big time!!these are so much fun !! well all us fangbangers will all have a great time! i hope they sell true blood at it ! if not im gonna order some to bring with lol .anyone on facebook? cause i could add you on there and get to know each other better xxxx :D

hiya all,

well they are all missing out big time!!these are so much fun !! well all us fangbangers will all have a great time! i hope they sell true blood at it ! if not im gonna order some to bring with lol .anyone on facebook? cause i could add you on there and get to know each other better xxxx :chair:

Well I think I'm convinced! Not least because of the sheer amount of bribery and corruption I had to do at work to clear this weekend, even this early in the proceedings :D I'm sure we can arrange a meet up nearer the time for those who wish to. I did wonder about the TruBlood. Lol. Can't seem to get it over here though unless you pay extortionate Ebay shipping. Boo!

And Facebook. I have it but I don't use it much as they keep changing the stupid thing. I think this would be me. I hope. I can make an effort to start using it constructively! (If anyone adds, then just let me know you're from here in the request as I get lots of strange randoms at times.)

Now all that's left is to decide what level of ticket to buy. Hmm..

Edited by avensia

hiya all,

well they are all missing out big time!!these are so much fun !! well all us fangbangers will all have a great time! i hope they sell true blood at it ! if not im gonna order some to bring with lol .anyone on facebook? cause i could add you on there and get to know each other better xxxx :P

Well I think I'm convinced! Not least because of the sheer amount of bribery and corruption I had to do at work to clear this weekend, even this early in the proceedings :( I'm sure we can arrange a meet up nearer the time for those who wish to. I did wonder about the TruBlood. Lol. Can't seem to get it over here though unless you pay extortionate Ebay shipping. Boo!

And Facebook. I have it but I don't use it much as they keep changing the stupid thing. I think this would be me. I hope. I can make an effort to start using it constructively! (If anyone adds, then just let me know you're from here in the request as I get lots of strange randoms at times.)

Now all that's left is to decide what level of ticket to buy. Hmm..

hiya :P ,

ha ha i know its crazy all the planning that has to be done for next august!! i will add you on facebook . still trying to put a plan together to get to et3 ,ive gotta be quick about it b4 they sell out!gettin my ticket for TB as a xmas present (thats gotta be the best present ever LOL!) :dance: xxx

if i go, ive still gotta wait and see if i need any weekend holidays for my uni study trips, if i dont shall be there

but i'll be alonee aswell. but i got to know people from one of showmasters other cons, so hopefully some of them will be going :)

if my friends cant come to this i will be going on my own :thumbup: so i would be more than happy to chat to others who are going it alone and meet up x

oh and i am 34 xx

hey. Im 32 and hope to attend. Not sure if my husband would be able to come so I would probably be on the same boat as you. No-one I know has any interest in going to cons, they don't get it!!! ^_^ who's the sad one me or them?

Missus you know I'm going to be there with you, but we will still happily meet up with anyone whose going it alone.

No matter what age its still daunting to be going somewhere on your own. I'm 32 too and no-one except blondie will go with me to the cons, silly people dont know what they are missing xx

Edited by nicola

Well I'm booking my ticket at the end of the month - and yes I shall be all on my todd, but i was on my own at the lest con I went to, but was never alone - met some lovely people (con buddies) lol

And i noticed at the last one i went to that the people on their owe or in couples were a lot friendlier than most of the people in little gangs. (I'm not saying that applies to everyone) just the ones that were ignorant to me and my new buddies at the last con. :P

Well I'm booking my ticket at the end of the month - and yes I shall be all on my todd, but i was on my own at the lest con I went to, but was never alone - met some lovely people (con buddies) lol

And i noticed at the last one i went to that the people on their owe or in couples were a lot friendlier than most of the people in little gangs. (I'm not saying that applies to everyone) just the ones that were ignorant to me and my new buddies at the last con. :YAHOO:

awww am sorry to hear that, we did have an incident at one were sombody shoved into my friend on the dance floor. on purpose!. think somebody had case of green eyed monster cuz we were dancing better ha ha! .all im saying is she was really lucky she didnt get shoved right back and flattened cuz my mate has more class ,talk about needing to grow up ! acting like that at a convention! ;)

besides that everyone else we met were all sweethearts .u can meet up with us ,maybe we should start a facebook group for anyone going it alone ?? xx

And i noticed at the last one i went to that the people on their owe or in couples were a lot friendlier than most of the people in little gangs. (I'm not saying that applies to everyone) just the ones that were ignorant to me and my new buddies at the last con. :P

awww am sorry to hear that, we did have an incident at one were sombody shoved into my friend on the dance floor. on purpose!. think somebody had case of green eyed monster cuz we were dancing better ha ha! .all im saying is she was really lucky she didnt get shoved right back and flattened cuz my mate has more class ,talk about needing to grow up ! acting like that at a convention! :D

besides that everyone else we met were all sweethearts .u can meet up with us ,maybe we should start a facebook group for anyone going it alone ?? xx

Sounds like a plan! lol