UPDATED! Hotel Booking Information

slaycandy

I just tried to book one room for two persons via the link given by Showmasters, but the only fare they give me is 124,75 pounds. (when I called earlier, I stated clearly that it was for the Twilight convention, and when the lady told me that it was 125 pounds, I told her that it was supposed to be 75 and she answered that all the rooms at this fare were gone)

Thare are rooms available with the reduced rate only if you book for Friday night and Saturday night. If you book 3 nights, there aren't.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

We are in the process of trying to get this sorted with the hotel. Our contact person assures us that there ARE rooms available but it doesnt seem to be filtering down to people on the front desk.

Also... there will be enough standard rooms for everyone attending the event to book at the cheaper rate. The hotel just take it upon themselves to up the rooms on a day by day basis depending on how many they are selling. So the cheaper rooms can NOT run out as long as there are still rooms available to sell at the hotel. And the hotel is HUGE! But please remember the cheaper rate does not apply to the execuative rooms or suites.

This is our top priority at the moment and we will get it sorted ASAP.

I just tried to book one room for two persons via the link given by Showmasters, but the only fare they give me is 124,75 pounds. (when I called earlier, I stated clearly that it was for the Twilight convention, and when the lady told me that it was 125 pounds, I told her that it was supposed to be 75 and she answered that all the rooms at this fare were gone)

Thare are rooms available with the reduced rate only if you book for Friday night and Saturday night. If you book 3 nights, there aren't.

i just booked all 3 nights at the reduced rate using the showmasters link :wub:

Have rebooked, have now 2 twin rooms will cancel the queens .

OK is it normal for when 2 rooms are booked they send 2 emails, one with each room, but same booking number?

I emailed myself the page where it says I got 2 rooms under same number but it looks odd.

Edited by flipp

Just to let you know Showmasters, when I phoned the Hilton a few mins ago they stated that you guys got X amount of rooms and that they were all now gone.

Not saying I dont believe you, just letting you know the info they are telling people who phone up. I have the travelodge booked but I will hold out for a family rooms for 3 adults becoming available just to make it easier as the website link offers discount for rooms for 2 adults max.

Thanks for all the hard work on trying to get this fixed

We are in the process of trying to get this sorted with the hotel. Our contact person assures us that there ARE rooms available but it doesnt seem to be filtering down to people on the front desk.

Also... there will be enough standard rooms for everyone attending the event to book at the cheaper rate. The hotel just take it upon themselves to up the rooms on a day by day basis depending on how many they are selling. So the cheaper rooms can NOT run out as long as there are still rooms available to sell at the hotel. And the hotel is HUGE! But please remember the cheaper rate does not apply to the execuative rooms or suites.

This is our top priority at the moment and we will get it sorted ASAP.

I booked with their more expensive rate cos I booked from Friday to Monday (3 nights) and I only got the £125 option....So if these are still avaliable can I phone the hotel and ASK them to change to the cheaper rate? The online website won't give that option whatsoever...

I finally managed to get a room at the cheaper rate too! 3 nights! Thanks Showmasters! :-).

I didn't cancel my previous booking untill I was sure this one went thru, once I got the confirmation of my new booking the previous one got cancelled :-).

Edited by Marystat

All booked in! Have a twin room checking in on Friday and leaving Monday!

Just wanted to say as well, that some of you might get two options - 124.75 and 74.75. The 124.75 is for an upgraded twin/queen room - an Executive. Just so you are aware!

Hey so when all you guys booked ur twin rooms did you book them using the booking form here or by phone???? if i quote Twilight to the person on the phone will i still get the reduceded rate???

PLZ IF ANYONE HAS BOOKED THEIR ROOM IN THE LAST HOUR OR SO COULD THEY PLZ REPLY COS IM FREAKING OUT HERE & HOPE I GET A ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey so when all you guys booked ur twin rooms did you book them using the booking form here or by phone???? if i quote Twilight to the person on the phone will i still get the reduceded rate???

PLZ IF ANYONE HAS BOOKED THEIR ROOM IN THE LAST HOUR OR SO COULD THEY PLZ REPLY COS IM FREAKING OUT HERE & HOPE I GET A ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not freak out or panic. It is a large hotel. And I do mean large. No comparison to the Park Inn.

You quote "Twilight Freesale", and yes, this should work on the phone too.

If you are being told the reduced rate is no longer available because the rooms ran out please post here and Mark will get the room allocation fixed.

All booked in! Have a twin room checking in on Friday and leaving Monday!

Just wanted to say as well, that some of you might get two options - 124.75 and 74.75. The 124.75 is for an upgraded twin/queen room - an Executive. Just so you are aware!

I used the booking form online, and then rag up to confirm that it was a twin, so yes, I believe there are twins available. Get in quick though!