The Hilton

torchwoodangel93

I think that was in the special room put on by ME, as the actual hotel prices are way more than that.

Yes I meant in the canteen that was put on by Massive Events. You won't get hardly anything on the actual Hilton menu for under a tenner (except a bowl of chips) but if ME are putting on their own food (which I thought they had confirmed they were) then if the prices are similar to the Bad eh eh ehhhh you can still eat well at the event for a very reasonable price.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Hilton breakfast, someone at work says there is tons of choice and you don't know where to start first - is this true? I've never stayed in any Hilton hotel before.

xxx

I stayed in the Northampton Hilton hotel for the hub 2 (i camped at the first one at Billing Aquadrome! In october!! lol)

I only had the breakfast one day (one time i got upto late and had to leave straight away) but when i did have it there was ALOT of choice. It was really nice. You don't know what to have, theres loads of cereals too. You end up having a plate of totaly unrelated food that don't even go well cos you want a bit of everything :chair:

I'm guessing its the same in birmingham... :smile:

Edited by torchwoodangel93

Thats right. The breakfast is great - fills you up for the day.

Good to know. :chair:

Though I rather not have everybody see how big exactly my breakfast was when I do my photo ops :chair:

:chair:

Regarding the Hilton breakfast, someone at work says there is tons of choice and you don't know where to start first - is this true? I've never stayed in any Hilton hotel before.

xxx

I stayed in the Northampton Hilton hotel for the hub 2 (i camped at the first one at Billing Aquadrome! In october!! lol)

I only had the breakfast one day (one time i got upto late and had to leave straight away) but when i did have it there was ALOT of choice. It was really nice. You don't know what to have, theres loads of cereals too. You end up having a plate of totaly unrelated food that don't even go well cos you want a bit of everything :chair:

I'm guessing its the same in birmingham... :smile:

The Hilton has a much, much better selection than Northampton. You'll be spoilt for choice :chair:

Edited by reddragon

Both times I've been there (for Bad Wolf 2008 and Bad Wolf 2009) there was a dinner hall, with Chips, crisps and baguettes etc, plenty of seating Not cheap for what it is though. The hotel isn't far from the NEC complex which has a Subway and various other eateries; but these were shut in the summer. This time of year might be better.

I was at Bad Wolf 2008 and thought the prices of the meals offered for the con food was pence. It was like £3.50 for baguette, chips and a coke. Granted I'm used to London prices but if I can get a hot meal and a drink for under a fiver I'll be happy.

Same here, and I'm used to Brum prices. Under a fiver is damn good!

For those worried about the size of the Hilton and getting around - I found a map of the hotel that was put online for people attending a Supernatural convention earlier this year.

So if anyone wants it, I'll be happy to send the link out ;)

That would be brill! Could you possibly post the link here, in this thread? (Or is that not allowed SM/ME?)

I don't think I've ever looked forward to breakfast so much, it sounds brilliant from all of the comments on here. By the way absinthefairy88, it'd be great if you could post a link to the map on here, thanks in advance. :(;)

Edited by Doctor Who

I'm assuming they have a vegetarian breakfast selection at the Hilton? Anyone know?

I'd guess they'd have quite a variety including vegetarian.

Yes they do. I'm a vegetarian and when i stayed at the hilton for the hub 2 they had a huge selection of vegetairian food too. i think they even had veggie sausages.