GUEST SUGGESTIONS

keithporter23

Another thought, seeing as its a world cup year and the event is shortly before the tournament starts, how about getting as many of the 1966 World Cup squad together as possible and offer a group photoshoot. They did that at sportsmania a few years back and it was very popular from what I recall

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought, seeing as its a world cup year and the event is shortly before the tournament starts, how about getting as many of the 1966 World Cup squad together as possible and offer a group photoshoot. They did that at sportsmania a few years back and it was very popular from what I recall

Great if we could get the '66 squad at Autographica, but I'd ask Show Masters to make a big effort to get Sir Bobby Charlton to attend.

I got to meet him at one of his recent book signings. He was great, spending time talking to his fans, but the security around him would only let him sign his new book. I think there would be massive interest if we could get him at Autographica.

It was great having Sir Stirling Moss attend last year. It would be fantastic to have another sporting legend at Autographica.

I could be wrong but I get the impression Bobby Charlton is a bit like John Glenn when it comes to things like this. He seems happy enough to sign autographs etc its just that he doesn't seem keen on charging for them in person.

Yes your right, i don't think Bobby Charlton is too keen on the celebrity thing.he doesn't quite understand all the fuss.He's seems uncomfortable about making money out of fans, he's really old school.I did a rare sportsmans evening with Bobby at Walsall FC and he seemed to like meeting the fans but he seemed less than interested in the sponsers or organisers who were telling him what to do and what to sign.I got the impression he would rather have been in a supporters club talking football with real fans.Nice guy, surprizingly quiet and modest for someone known all over the world.

I know I've already mentioned 4 space guests I'd love to see,but how about Harrison Schmitt of Apollo 17. As a moonwalker he'd be very popular..

I'm aware that he hasn't appeared at an event like this in recent memory,but apparently he is now coming round to the idea of autograph shows - & when Tom Stafford said he'd recommend one of the more elusive Apollo astros to appear at this show in May because of how much he enjoyed Autographica 14,my feeling was that he was talking about Schmitt..

:dance:

Well my list would be endless and clogg up the servers, there is one person I would love to meet and think it is possilbe would be....... drum roll

Stephen Lewis (I got you butler!)

Always been a fan and everytime I have gone to see him in a show etc missed it due to one reason and another.

Regards to all, happy christmas and heres to a happy autograph new year (guests willing)

• 2 weeks later...

Doris Day would be an absolute ideal guest for Autographica - and she raises alot of money for animal welfare, maybe she'd be more willing to attend if it was for this charitable cause?

Anna Karen and Stephen Lewis aka Olive and Blakey from 'On the buses', alas the only 2 still alive now....

I'd love to see them attend - i've just been watching the boxset of 'On the Buses' I got for xmas :P

Edited by keithporter23

Anna Karen and Stephen Lewis aka Olive and Blakey from 'On the buses', alas the only 2 still alive now....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to see them attend - i've just been watching the boxset of 'On the Buses' I got for xmas :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the biggest mysteries of the universe, more so than ufo's, who shot kennedy and the tungusta explosion, is........how did Stan and Jack always pull those lovely young clippie girls???!!!

and another thing I noticed - how nasty jack is to stan, always coming up with ideas that get him into trouble, leaving him in the lurch, nicking his girls etc.

'E're Stan nice bit of crumpet started down the canteen, gonna try me luck there mate'

'Nah mate you're too late, already asked her out, she's coming back to my place tonight...'

classic stuff!

Heres my random list of names :dance:

Bryan Forbes

Michael Byrne

David McCallum

Tom Courtenay

Richard Chamberlain

Eileen Moore

Stuart Damon

William Gaunt

Alexandra Bastedo

Ingrid Pitt

Derren Nesbitt

Vincent Ball

Julian Glover

Crispin Glover

Peter O'Toole

Claudia Cardinale

Dick Van Dyke

Jane Wenham

James Garner

Barbara Bach

Timothy Dalton

Richard Kiel

Ian McShane

Robert Vaughan

Erin Gray

Eli Wallach

Karl-Otto Alberty

Christopher Plummer

Tom Selleck

Ian Holm

Kevin Bacon

Maud Adams

Rebecca De Mornay

Gabriele Ferzetti

Guy Hamilton

Sean Bean

Susannah York

John Nettles

Christopher Lee

John Hurt

Veronica Cartwright

Harry Dean Stanton

Tom Skerritt

Erika Eleniak

Edited by madmilburn

Mike Connors

Peter Lupus

Christopher Cazenove

Don Stroud

Anthony Zerbe

Robert Davi

Alison Doody

Tanya Roberts

Fiona Fullerton

Patrick Bauchau

Grace Jones

David Yip

Daniel Benzali

Carole Ashby

Mary Stavin

Christopher Ravenscroft.

Edited by SunSpeed

Well as a View to a Kill reunion has been mentioned elsewhere - we have to ask for the bleedin' obvious:

Sir Roge'

Grace Jones

Christopher Walken

Those 3 names alone would be enough for an excellent weekend!

Or maybe,

Tanya Roberts

Patrick Macnee

Alison Doody