• Twilight , true blood guest
    • true blood , vampire diaries
    • vampire diaries & Twilight
    • vampire ball
    • horror ball
  3. 3. section 3

• mixed horror guests
    • vampire guest for any shows

Just Joss shows please, not sure it works to mix it up whedon fans are very passionate about their shows and cast, i wouldnt be interested in a ticket for an event with these other films and shows for me its all about joss' work (mainly buffy and angel) and his actors that i want to see, sure i'm not alone!

Edited by btvs97031

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I may get cricified but let me say I'm not trying to start anything because I'm not a twilight fan, sorry but twilight gets enough of its own things without it being mixed in with anyone elses. I'm not trying to be bitter or anything and mixing joss things with maybe general horror things would be fab, include tobin bell with joss whedon and my soul is yours. lol.

I just think twlight has ET and Proms so maybe stick with them and mix joss whedon with a different and less prominant fanbase? True blood being a good example.

and if I may get on my soapbox, joss didn't just do vampire stuff (as the survey might suggest) how about mixing some sci fi to go with firefly and serenity??

Again not trying to raise any tempers on any count but wanted my say.

(and if its been said and I'm repeating someone ignore me hehe)

*gets down off soap box*

^_^

I think the vampire option was because this would be an annual Halloween con not because of Buffy. I haven't seen Trueblood yet (will start next week but have read all the books) so i personally wouldn't come to a con that i would be unsure of which guest would be attending.

JOSS WEDON GUESTS WITH TWILIGHT GUESTS, TRUBLOOD GUESTS AND HORROR STARS FROM HALLOWEEN AND OTHER HORROR FILMS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right I may get cricified but let me say I'm not trying to start anything because I'm not a twilight fan, sorry but twilight gets enough of its own things without it being mixed in with anyone elses. I'm not trying to be bitter or anything and mixing joss things with maybe general horror things would be fab, include tobin bell with joss whedon and my soul is yours. lol.

I just think twlight has ET and Proms so maybe stick with them and mix joss whedon with a different and less prominant fanbase? True blood being a good example.

and if I may get on my soapbox, joss didn't just do vampire stuff (as the survey might suggest) how about mixing some sci fi to go with firefly and serenity??

*gets down off soap box*

:dance:

Your lucky because you get what you want, I want more horror themed guests and this would be a good opportunity for other fans to meet their favourite guests from horror shows and movies. Instead of being one themed related show it would be so much better to have a total horror con.

JOSS WEDON GUESTS WITH TWILIGHT GUESTS, TRUBLOOD GUESTS AND HORROR STARS FROM HALLOWEEN AND OTHER HORROR FILMS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gets down off soap box*

:P

Your lucky because you get what you want, I want more horror themed guests and this would be a good opportunity for other fans to meet their favourite guests from horror shows and movies. Instead of being one themed related show it would be so much better to have a total horror con.

you're not wrong, no problem with having a joss/horror theme cuz i'm with you, more horror guests, specifically tobin bell hehe just wouldn't appreciate a twlight/joss con just because twilight seems to get a lot of attention on its own and i think it might outshine a joss guest list who've *cough* been doing this a lot longer *cough*

:P

I'm just beggin u guy NOT to invite twilight ppl. I mean I've read the books and love em but the twlight cons are mayham!!!! and the fans are totally out of it. The guests don't get to be at the parties other than the official parts cause they're bein crowded like idiots I really do not want that at a whedon con!

I cant see how this would work as a mixed con either. I have been to a few only for maybe one or two guests and ended up bypassing the others i had no interest in. I dont think people would be so fast at booking gold and silver tickets (especially buffy fans) if you were going to mix their con. I certainly wouldnt and neither would my friends as its Joss' shows that are the link here and its like a community in itself. I have sat down for like 4 hours for a "quick" chat about episodes or cast and everyone can join in as you have that link i have nothing in common with twilight fans or even True Blood, i intend watching the show when it starts but i dont see the point mixing the shows i think this would lose fans to the event, do separate events if you must but not here.

There are plenty of guests to invite for four Joss shows so please please stick to this. if there are tickets for sale at this event for next year i will be in the q for my gold but not if you mix the shows, i and many others will be very disappointed.

I'm just beggin u guy NOT to invite twilight ppl. I mean I've read the books and love em but the twlight cons are mayham!!!! and the fans are totally out of it. The guests don't get to be at the parties other than the official parts cause they're bein crowded like idiots I really do not want that at a whedon con!

I just have to say one thing about that, because I don't think that's fair of you to say.

Events with Twilight actors doesn't need to be mayham. An example is Twi Prom where the guests were really enjoying themselves and were hanging out with the fans all night - they weren't crowded and had a good time with us fans. People were behaving themselves. It's one thing if you don't wanna have a Twilight event but I don't think it's fair when you're saying stuff like that, when it might not be true. :thumbup:

Edited by Mandelina

Personally i would prefer just whedonverse.

I think the whedonverse has such a dedicated fanbase that it would still be financially viable for the organisers to continue whedon cons for several more years.

I think it would be wrong of the organisers to assume because we like whedon we would like these other vampire themed shows/movies too.

Personaly i have never watched true blood and while twilight was actually not nearly as bad as i had expected (thought it would be entirely pants if i am honest but was pleasently surprised to find i was wrong) i dont think i would want to attend a con for either of them.

While having a more diverse array of guests may appeal to some, there are already events that have a wide range of sci-fi/horror guests (dont think i am allowed to mention them by name on here) that offer that kind of thing.

Then theres the matter of if you mix it there will be a lot of fans who like one thing but not the other. People will be less willing to pay out for the more expensive tickets for an event where there is maybe only one or two people there they like. While the standard tickets will probably still sell fast, i would imagine that the gold and silver would be harder to sell.

Just my opinion and i hope that t all made sense.

Ginnean - my thoughts exactly and that of a lot of people i know who dont post on forums!

i also see that true blood already has a con of its own thru SM next year already so surely this is their event can we jut have our own please.

Edited by buffy2k

• 2 weeks later...

I think the event over Halloween should be a vampire ball, this could incorporate alot of guests from across alot of shows in the same genre. I cant see a problem with mixing guests from different shows as it will appeal to a larger audience and the more people that buy tickets the more bigger guests can be afforded!

I am a huge fan of The Vampire diaries already and would love to see some of the show there!

I think the event over Halloween should be a vampire ball, this could incorporate alot of guests from across alot of shows in the same genre. I cant see a problem with mixing guests from different shows as it will appeal to a larger audience and the more people that buy tickets the more bigger guests can be afforded!

I am a huge fan of The Vampire diaries already and would love to see some of the show there!

PERSONALLY I LOVE ANYTHING VAMPIRE SO WHEDON AND TWILIGHT WOULD BE GREAT FOR ME, THOUGH EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO BEHAVE THEMSELVES AS IT'S NOT FAIR IF THE GUESTS CAN'T ENJOY THEMSELVES WITHOUT BEING HOUNDED. I AM WILLING TO ADMIRE FROM AFAR.

THE THING ABOUT HAVING 2 DIFFERENT CONS IS THAT NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD TO GO TO BOTH. I HAVE GOLD TICKETS FOR HALLOWHEDON FOR MYSELF, MY HUSBAND AND 11 YEAR OLD SON. WE ARE FLYING OVER FROM NORTHERN IRELAND AND IT ALL ADDS UP WHAT WITH 3 GOLD TICKETS, THE FLIGHTS, AND HOTEL. BECAUSE I'M GOING TO THIS CON I CAN'T REALLY AFFORD TO GO TO TWILIGHT 3 AND AM GUTTED SO I WOULD HAVE BEEN ECSTATIC WITH SOME TWILIGHT GUESTS.

Please Please Please.... do not combine Hallowhedon with Twilight, as someone who went to the first Twilight con I do not wish to have my Buffy Angel and Firefly experience ruined by all the screaming little girls who ruined Twilight for me...

Have to agree with you on that one. Not really a Twilight'fan' (don't get me wrong: I like the movie, but I've never read the books), but it's just such a hype now. And Whedonverse is kind of like a group of real fans and not just people going with the hype. Am I right or not?

Whedon totally deserves having a con all to himself :P

Another problem with mixing could be if there were no guests announced from one or the other shows. I expect some people will be disappointed if noone from Firefly or Dollhouse is announced , but somehow its not nearly as bad as attending a Buffy/Twilight con and only getting Twilight guests.