James Earl Jones in theatre in London

dufresne

There you go showmasters, get these guests or we go get free autographs at the doors! On a serious note he is one of the few i would wait around for hoping for an autograph but much rather meet at a convention as at least you know he will sign and it's much more civilised/

I'm not sure about more civilised, not with the length of the queues he'd muster.

Ultimately you can't make them attend, and if money doesn't interest them it makes it a lot harder. I suppose you could try the charity route, he'd sign for free but a charity benefits nicely.

Edited by TerraHawk

There you go showmasters, get these guests or we go get free autographs at the doors! On a serious note he is one of the few i would wait around for hoping for an autograph but much rather meet at a convention as at least you know he will sign and it's much more civilised/

I'm not sure about more civilised, not with the length of the queues he'd muster.

Ultimately you can't make them attend, and if money doesn't interest them it makes it a lot harder. I suppose you could try the charity route, he'd sign for free but a charity benefits nicely.

Yeah the charity route sounds good, with regard to the queues its the chance you take. if you were that bothered you'd que up early etc

"Mortimer, we're back" (I think thats the line, might be the other way round!)

John Landis was a major problem when he appeared, the bloke directed so many great films it was hard to know where to finish with him.

I wonder what Randolph and Mortimer would have made of the credit crunch. I daresay they wouldn't have been too impressed by the proposed crackdown on bankers bonuses....

• 1 month later...

Has anyone bothered to look whether his play has performances the week of CM London?

Honestly, if Showmasters were able to get JE Jones for CM London it would shock the world. Possibly one of the biggest guest announcements for a show in years.

I think I heard him say he starts in December when he was on The One Show the other day.

Not sure I agree that it'd be quite that big of a shock if SM managed to get him to a show. But that's just my personal opinion. I just think they've had guest sthat are "bigger" names than him in the past. Although I agree that he'd be one of the best they've had for a while too as he's someone you're unlikely to see more than once.

The play is on both Friday and Saturday of the weekend.

Well good, maybe he'll show up on Sunday.

The play's opening night is Tuesday 1st December and from then it's on a standard West End 8 performances a week schedule (Monday-Saturday nights, plus Wednesday and Saturday matinees).

But previews start on Saturday 21st November. Realistically, the week before opening night he's likely to be very busy as they put finishing touches to the production, do the previews and do a fair amount of press interviews too, I'll be bound. I suspect the chance of him turning up to do a signing event two days before opening night is pretty slim, notwithstanding other comments about him refusing to charge to sign...

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone actually tried this?

Stalking, doorstepping, I am unaware of the correct term?

I am desperate to aquire JEJs auto!

Etiquette would seem to demand that I see the production.

As most of my chums think a 'play' is somewhere in Jersey you buy DVDs from,

I may be hard pressed to find suitable company...

any ideas, suggestions much appreciated!

The term you're looking for is 'stage dooring' I think.

And just go by yourself - I've been to several shows by myself this last year and enjoyed them all.

Thanks very much for wisdom!

I feel you may be correct about flying solo

while I am happy to wait, possibly in the rain to lurk around at a stagedoor

(when I say happy, I'm not masochistic.....just committed)

It's a really big ask for someone who's not really interested.

On the bright side, I will save money on tickets, dinner etc!