ok news about guests at In The Shadow of the Moon

showmasters

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the bf thinks im pretty sad and keeps saying that he cant wait to see what the next fad is :angry: but I cant complain too much he is coming with me and is now reading New Moon just so he can understand the obsession abit more ^_^

Jess and me don't discuss Twilight in front of John - it's not worth the grief!!! :D:D:D

Nah, Summit replaced Rachel without a second thought, they're not going to give a stuffed fig about a SM event in the UK - it's not even an official Twilight convention. We're a tadpole in a very very very large pond, if you get my drift.

We're stuffed, and there's no other way to sugar coat it. I for one, am angry, gutted and seriously considering whether to forfeit the £69 I paid and not attend - I only bought a ticket on the pretense that Kellan would be attending, and now he's not, I have no reason to go.

Put it this way; If I bought tickets to see Michael Jackson, I'd damn well expect a refund, considering he won't actually be there.

I feel exactly the same. Refunds should be offered as there was a change to the lineup we paid to see. Considering what I have paid for a Gold ticket, flights to Brum and accom I feel like I am being ripped off. Fine if they cant come coz of work commitments but NOT fine that you wont refund people after drastically changing the lineup. Is that even legal? I'll be looking into it. Not impressed showmasters, really not impressed. I would rather put the money that the weekend is going towards my wedding, and funnily enough I cant go to ET3 coz its the same weekend I am getting married. Not ur fault SM but I just feel like I'm really not meant to attend these events.

Sorry but it's far from illegal.

You can't equate it to a Micheal Jackson gig. The closest thing is an festival. If you love Cold Play and they are announced for Glastonbury and you bought tickets, only for them to later pull out, would you expect a refund? No because you bought tickets for a weekend festival which at the time of booking included Cold Play. The tickets were not sold as Cold Play tickets, they were sold as festival tickets. If the bands change that doesn't mean you get a refund.

You did not buy a ticket to a Kellen and Chaske weekend. You bought tickets to a Twilight Prom with 3 guests from Twilight. That's what you are getting. Again I understand your annoyance and disappointment that the line up has had to change, but it's part of the convention scene. Guests cancel. SM can't give refunds every time someone does.

What they have done is got the best replacements they can in the time they had. And I agree with many on here that they have done a brilliant job. They've not got third yob from the left, they've got good solid New Moon characters. Give SM a chance and you'll have a good time.

AS SM SAID!

We ALL KNEW THE GAME before we brought tickets! I know we all expected them to actually go after being announced but there was a thread on here that i made!!!! and several people said they thought Kellen would drop out for FILMING.but now its happened some are acting like it was never a question if they would come or not,i just dont see why there is an over reaction to this TBH! There will be many other SM events coming up in which we can meet them so i think lay off SM its obviously not them they dont control the actor/s!

ok i only just saw this and was kinda like... :'( but i think it will be awesome to meet the volturi, knowing we may never get a chance to meet them again.

Plus think of if any of their agents or they were to happen upon this thread themselves, how would it make them feel to know many of you are unhappy that Charlie and Daniel are coming? Would you like it? No. I was bummed, but theres nothing we can do about it, except make the guest feel welcome and have a FRICKIN AWESOME TIME when it rolls around :angry:

Anyone who knows me will know how much Team Emmett is my life lol so clearly I'm gutted that Kellan wont be there now.

But tbh, I would have booked tickets to this whoever the guests were because I love Twilight so much and it's a chance to have an amazing weekend with my best mates and other fellow fans.

It makes me sad that people are considering not going because of the change. I can understand the reasons but I dont want people to not go then wish they had. That's something you cant get back. At least if you go and then you wont have any of that "what if" feeling hanging over you. I for one effing hate that feeling!

I'm sooooo excited for the new guests actually! The more I think about it the more excited I get!

I'm a massive X-Men fan so woooop for Daniel and I've been saying for days how fit Demetri/Charlie looks in that pic with Alice!

Plus it very much makes me happy that these are 3 guests that none of the American cons have had yet! And, jeez, do you realise how many cons they have had so far and how many they had planned in the next 12 months?! It's not even funny!

So getting a few guests over on them is all good in my book!

BRING IT ON!!

xxxxx

i think nuttyemma is great and very fun to watch we in the office look forward to seeing them

she has also helped us a lot to get the word out to lots of fans she is really a great person and we thank her for all she dose ^_^ i also think she knows things like this happen , but she has been to our events and knows its still going to be lots of fun for the fans that attend

jason :angry:

Thanks Jason! Yes i do get it, sometimes we lose much anticipated guests but you guys replaced Taylor with Peter and now Kellan and Chaske with A 6'8" ex X-man, and Charlie 'Yummy' Bewley, i have no complaints!!

Can't wait for Twiproms - Can't wait to be in a sea of screaming Twihards yet again!

x

Okay after getting over the initial shock of the cancellation, im really hyped about the new guests, we need to show them how we party here in the Uk ^_^

Yeh im disappointed i've wanted to meet Kellan foreverbut surprisingly im over it i was expecting the worst anyway.

But hey when life gives you lemons make lemonade you make the most with what you've got.

These new guys seem totally cool & awesome not too mention their gorgeous especially charlie, personally i cant wait :angry: xx

Hope to see you all there :) xx

so i think lay off SM its obviously not them they dont control the actor/s!

Not one person said anything about SM :huh:

Not ur fault SM but I just feel like I'm really not meant to attend these events.

We all know its not SM's fault they just feel they should be given refunds which is fair enough I can see it from both sides of it.My boyfriend kept going on and on about either getting a refund or trying to get some money back but i dont him there no chance.

Now can we all chill out and concentrate on having a good time or a swear to god im gonna kick some butt some i get there :lol::D...trust me theres nothing worse than a loud, angry scouser :P

Now can we all chill out and concentrate on having a good time or a swear to god im gonna kick some butt some i get there :lol::huh:...trust me theres nothing worse than a loud, angry scouser :P

I think there is! TWO angry Scousers (:

Do I count in this? I am in a few miles radius haha.

Wow!

I paid for 3 guests - I still get 3 guests - i'm happy! We all worked hard for the money we've spent - damn skippy i'm going to go and i'm going to enjoy every second of it!

Some are going to hate me for saying this but Kellan has done the 'convention' rounds more than once, it's old hat to him, and i'm not saying that he wouldn't have enjoyed himself or given 100% to us but really, he's been there and done that, it would have to be something spectacular to make this convention stand out from the countless others he's done, whereas the 2 new guests are convention virgins, they are going to base all future conventions on these, we have to make sure we ship them off back to filming knackered from partying all night, tummy ache from laughing all weekend and make sure they tell the rest of the cast what a fab time they had over here, and make THEM want to take part in the next one.

Those that say they're not coming now - good! more room and more time for the rest of us to have a good time lol - i'm joking but seriously i don't think a shake up in the lineup, that is beyond anyones control, warrants some of the abuse the mods have been getting, it's not their fault, i've just read 15 pages and the explanations given are acceptable you know?

This will be my first ever convention, i want to put faces to usernames, make some new friends and have a good laugh - lifes too short to stress over the small stuff.

Claire

Wow!

I paid for 3 guests - I still get 3 guests - i'm happy! We all worked hard for the money we've spent - damn skippy i'm going to go and i'm going to enjoy every second of it!

Some are going to hate me for saying this but Kellan has done the 'convention' rounds more than once, it's old hat to him, and i'm not saying that he wouldn't have enjoyed himself or given 100% to us but really, he's been there and done that, it would have to be something spectacular to make this convention stand out from the countless others he's done, whereas the 2 new guests are convention virgins, they are going to base all future conventions on these, we have to make sure we ship them off back to filming knackered from partying all night, tummy ache from laughing all weekend and make sure they tell the rest of the cast what a fab time they had over here, and make THEM want to take part in the next one.

Those that say they're not coming now - good! more room and more time for the rest of us to have a good time lol - i'm joking but seriously i don't think a shake up in the lineup, that is beyond anyones control, warrants some of the abuse the mods have been getting, it's not their fault, i've just read 15 pages and the explanations given are acceptable you know?

This will be my first ever convention, i want to put faces to usernames, make some new friends and have a good laugh - lifes too short to stress over the small stuff.

Claire

Well said ;) We are going to show those guys a hell of a good time :firedevil:

Ive only just read this announcement, and after reading the guest changes, im relly considering coming now! I wasnt too fussed about Kellan when it was first announced, as id already met him at the first Eternal Twilight, but now that there are 3 guests ive not met, i may actually come! (Now to try and round up some money for a ticket XD)

• Showmasters Admin

Have you got your ear plugs ready TT cos it sounds like more screaming is gonna happen.

Question is, will the guests be scared of TT the way Peter was at LFCC? :P

Peter knew I could pick him up and carry him off the stage if I needed to ;)

With Daniel only being just shorter than me and built like a small battle ship I can't see him having the same fear of me as Peter did :D