Guest Suggestions

gebes

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think thats the basis of the outcry. When I tend to watch - it's about watcing the failboat sail by in the auditions.... I watch the main shows when theres spam all else on and I'm home.

What seems to be happening is a mix of...

Better talents falling behind the cringeworthy acts that Louis Walsh is obviously just masterbating over (they're young Irish boys - a bit of the McKay in there I think) and the bulk of the voting audience who hate them are flabbergasted by them staying in ahead of those such as the girl who got voted off on Sunday who recieved high praise from Robbie, Whitney Houston and others - that might not be the best reception, a media whore and a woman who barely had pupils in her eyes during her performance, but it's still praise that most acts (both these guys and a few pros) could only dream of.

Either it's a small group of people who think it's funny, but their numbers don't seem so small while the votings spread out so widely in the early weeks, or... people are doing it intentionally to **** off Cowell (even though he's bound to be thinking he can make money from them regardless of talent).

This year Big Brother became interesting when someone who was a classic BB heel became a legendary icon (for a few minutes) as he was pretty open about the place being dull, full of idiots and despite being a bit of a twit - was the only one who seemed honest and entertaining. People kep him in likely to **** off the producers... I reckon the masses have woken up and are voting with their brains for a change...

Instead of voting people off because they're irritating, keeping them in to see what made X Factor/Pop Idol popular - a bitchy Cowell.

On the other hand the masses waking up argument fails as the press has pretty much turned on one of the guys in the competition (one of those types who are a natural performer and never had a way in) which has clearly effected, not only his chances, but his emotional state by the public getting their pitchforks ready and comparing him to Hitler... and this all started because he read out the bulls*** the press were printing in the first place.

Maybe it's not as big a thing as I'd like it to be (story of my life right there) but I think the mass idiot general public are starting to FINALLY understand how these things work and voting for entertainment rather than the charade of a talent show (or reality show, or any other label).

And at the end of that...

...I want Marcus Akin from Big Brother 10. Granted, he was on a dying show on it's last legs but he's a geek, a great heel and he'd fit right into a drinking session with me, Marty and Diane.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck - it's a show that pushes aside actual talent to play up on who's marketable which results in a charisma vacuum of a winner who's the 'safe bet' instead of the best talent and such shows have brought us Leona 'brick her in the face' Lewis, Susan 'getthefrakofmyscreen' Boyle and some guy a former workplace booked for a gig who I only know as 'that pillock from Fame Academy'. Throw that together with what people really want to see (bitchy arguing judges) and it's just an example of pettiness and unadventurous labels are.

Which is - and I hate the word, but - lame.

Tastes and viewing habbits of the mass are intriguing to me. It's probably something thats stuck from my old learning establishment (both in Journalism and psychology)...

...anyway Hardwicke is a good choice for something out the norm with the old Holmes TV show and has had a few guest spots since. I think I last saw him in Fanny Hill - which was overall a bit of a disappointment. Not his performance - the show in general.

Edited by ComwWhite

Guests I'd like to see

Gareth David-Lloyd, Murray Melvin, Katy Wix or Burn Gorman from Torchwood (or any TW guests really)

Nathan Fillion

Russell Tovey, Aiden Turner or Lenora Crichlow from Being Human (but especially Russell)

Seth Green

Felicia Day

Freema Agyeman

Colin Morgan, Angel Coulby or Richard Wilson from Merlin

Gareth Thomas

I'd be thrilled with any of those :)