Party Outfits (themes discussion)

Harriettaa

Finished the initial sewing on my Queen of Hearts dress.....and somehow made it 2 sizes too big and about a foot too long. Not quite sure how that happened. LOL Easily fixable though with a few nips and tucks and cutting a boatload of fabric off the bottom. :)

Better too big than too small!

Too true....I've fixed it now. Feeling very accomplished. It was my first time making a dress from a pattern and sewn by hand. Literally by hand. I broke the sewing machine on the first seam......don't ask.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the initial sewing on my Queen of Hearts dress.....and somehow made it 2 sizes too big and about a foot too long. Not quite sure how that happened. LOL Easily fixable though with a few nips and tucks and cutting a boatload of fabric off the bottom. :)

Better too big than too small!

Too true....I've fixed it now. Feeling very accomplished. It was my first time making a dress from a pattern and sewn by hand. Literally by hand. I broke the sewing machine on the first seam......don't ask.

I know exactly how you feel! I cannot use a sewing machine, despite having been shown several times! I've sewn myself to more things than I care to think about!!!

And well done on the outfit making! I've bought mine, mainly because I really don't have the time or the skill to make clothes, and because I have a lot of stuff in my wardrobe that deserves to be worn and shown off!

I'm this close to giving up on finding a Saturday night outfit, and hoping a random burst of inspiration hits me soon, or just classing the size of my heels as outrageous.

How high are the heels? *is shoe wh0re*

i think its a real pity all the stags and hens cant all go as the same kind of idea otherwise it will look like quite a few parties at the hotel lol bit of mix and match :D am looking forward to meeting some new freinds there though if any one can put up with me lol

:P

i think its a real pity all the stags and hens cant all go as the same kind of idea otherwise it will look like quite a few parties at the hotel lol bit of mix and match :headscratch: am looking forward to meeting some new freinds there though if any one can put up with me lol

:firedevil:

There are a lot of people who have decided to do their own unrelated themes as they don't like this one anyway, so it's going to look a random mess anyway, I'm afraid!

Hey, this is my first ever Hub too! Yay! Heehee.

I'm just going to have outrageous every night, I can't think of really good costume ideas for the other two days. It's so great that people make costumes I wanted to make something but I'm a bit rubbish at all things sewing so I'm just stocking up random little oddities! So the person wearing everything and anything will most likely be me! :P

To quote the party thread:

Saturday Night

MASSIVELY OUTRAGEOUS PARTY

Where anything goes! Literally!

So yes, it would fit in. BUT, I dont get why everyone keeps saying the actual theme of saturday is 'anything goes', as it isnt, it was just the wording they used to describe it.

Saturday Night

So yes, it would fit in. BUT, I dont get why everyone keeps saying the actual theme of saturday is 'anything goes', as it isnt, it was just the wording they used to describe it.

So what is it then?:D

Saturday Night

So what is it then?:headscratch:

As it says - Massively Outrageous

Saturday Night

So what is it then?:headscratch:

As it says - Massively Outrageous

Isn't that pretty much the same thing?

Except with a little less Cole Porter?

Edited by angelkitty

Not really. Anything goes means a random 'theme', massively outrageous means a random 'theme' which is likely to cause outrage/surprise. Fine line between the two, but the theme is pushing it that bit further than just a random fancy dress outfit. Coming as Cole Porter, for example, would be the anything goes. Coming as 'I got you under my skin' potentially could be gross, therefore outrageous, therefore themed.

• Moderators

The clarification, though, of that theme seemed to suggest 'anything at all'

From the 2nd post in themes announcement

You could come dressed as an eskimo if you wanted. Or wear victorian dress, or a space suit. Its completely up to you.

Not really. Anything goes means a random 'theme', massively outrageous means a random 'theme' which is likely to cause outrage/surprise. Fine line between the two, but the theme is pushing it that bit further than just a random fancy dress outfit. Coming as Cole Porter, for example, would be the anything goes. Coming as 'I got you under my skin' potentially could be gross, therefore outrageous, therefore themed.

I thought the pink monster was really cute tho (Muppets ref)

And would be an amazing costume, if a little warm!

etmuse, to be honest I hadn't seen that as the thread was closed before I read anything, so I just looked at the themes. I based my interpretation on the pictures that were posted with the announcement along with the theme.

OMG>...that skit from the muppet show gave me nightmares as a child.

OMG>...that skit from the muppet show gave me nightmares as a child.

Gosh, sorry! I'm not going to be pink and furry on the Sat btw, more corsety, steamy and a dusting of latexy!

I've just discovered I have the stuff to make a pretty decent Arachnia of the Spider People - pity it ain't going to fit in with either Fridays or Sunday's themes.

It'd fit in with Saturday's theme of anything goes :YAHOO:

Yeah, but I have my Saturday costume sorted - which also doesn't fit in with Friday or Sundays themes. Unless you think Arthur Dent would turn up at either a Stag do or a night in Splott...

I've just discovered I have the stuff to make a pretty decent Arachnia of the Spider People - pity it ain't going to fit in with either Fridays or Sunday's themes.

Yeah, but I have my Saturday costume sorted - which also doesn't fit in with Friday or Sundays themes. Unless you think Arthur Dent would turn up at either a Stag do or a night in Splott...

night in Splott, its too dangerous to actually leave your house so pjs in front of TV is just about right.

night in Splott, its too dangerous to actually leave your house so pjs in front of TV is just about right.

*mentally makes room in suitcase*

I shall make the final decision when I am there!