Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

Just out of curiosity, who stayed up all night waiting for the announcement?

I'm glad I went to bed!!!

I went to bed, quite happily so.

he played a role in a 80s cop show where the other 2 leads dominated it (and no one else) and has a similar(?) role in a recent sf TV show.

How so? He was the lead.

On a forum for autograph shows/cons whose usual main guests are from sci-fi/fantasy/cult movies/TV shows, I think it is unusual for people to be unaware of EJO.

Who are they here for? Soap stars?

Soap stars? well close enough I think it's called Twilight lol (ducks and runs from the abuse I am sure to get)

Oh boy, you've done it now!!!

Sits back and waits for the fireworks

On a forum for autograph shows/cons whose usual main guests are from sci-fi/fantasy/cult movies/TV shows, I think it is unusual for people to be unaware of EJO.

I don't think it's unusual at all.

As has been previously stated, Blade Runner is a 27 year old cult film, his "cop show" hasn't been aired for ages and Battlestar Galactica aired only on satellite here in the UK. You'd be surprised the number of people who DON'T have Sky TV ... 1/5 of the population have Sky, that's all.

So no, I don't think it unusual that someone on these boards hasn't heard of Edward James Olmos at all.

I bet I could name some poeple I consider big names that YOU've never heard of. ;-)

By all means, go for it. It'll pass the time.

Hang on. They're not all from Twilight, are they?

Edited by sagart

he played a role in a 80s cop show where the other 2 leads dominated it (and no one else) and has a similar(?) role in a recent sf TV show.

How so? He was the lead.

some of the more popular guests are Star Wars, Twilight, Heroes, Stargate and a few others and EJO hasnt been in any of those... I dont think its too far fetched to have not heard of him

Im sure some people on here are equally shocked that Nicky doesnt know what Chuck is

To be honest, And feel free to shout 'bah humbug' at me, while it's all very well trying to stir up interest / excitement etc, until that contract is actually in your hands, nothing is certain and I'd rather wait and get a definite confirmation than be teased like this about something which isn't finalised yet.

Just out of curiosity, who stayed up all night waiting for the announcement?

I'm glad I went to bed!!!

I went to bed, quite happily so.

How so? He was the lead.

Soap stars? well close enough I think it's called Twilight lol (ducks and runs from the abuse I am sure to get)

Oh boy, you've done it now!!!

Sits back and waits for the fireworks

Yep might regret it in the long run but could not resist :lol:

How so? He was the lead.

Was he the lead in Battlestar Galactica? I dunno, I never saw it, I thought the blonde chick in red was the lead. Still its a show that's only on Sky I think?

And yes, on "a forum whose usual main guests are from sci-fi/fantasy/cult movies/TV shows" it isn't surprising at all - as I stated earlier most of the people here on this forum are of the younger generation and not the same as the more "sophisticated and knowledgable" users on say AICN or Empire or Total Film. Here it's TV shows like Lost, Heroes, Dr Who, Smallville, SG1, ST, Supernatural, Prison Break etc that dominate. Even if you're one of these TV show fans BG is the only show you'll have heard of him from. Miama Vice, he was in the background, anyone who wasnt a fan only know Crocket and Tubbs. Plus some people here are only interested in one or two shows and that's all.

And as for soaps, well they have had BH 90210, Eastenders, Allo Allo and The Bill guests.

Edited by nicky

Im sure some people on here are equally shocked that Nicky doesnt know what Chuck is

I aint heard of "Chuck"? That's cos I don't give a flying.....

I'm strictly a movie man only. I hardly watch TV and never fictional TV shows.

Edited by nicky

I aint heard of "Chuck"? That's cos I don't give a flying.....

well we should string you up then mate, you blasphemer you!

at least i know you are still a Twilight fan...

There's always the fact that you may know someone from their face but not actually know their name.

what's with the statement- "most of the people here on this forum are of the younger generation and not the same as the more "sophisticated and knowledgable" users on say AICN or Empire or Total Film"- I know plenty of the younger generation who are very sophsticated and knowledgeable. also how old do you have to be to count as the younger generation?

I like that SM put the announcement up as it's generated interest and got people chatting.

How so? He was the lead.

Was he the lead in Battlestar Galactica? I dunno, I never saw it, I thought the blonde chick in red was the lead. Still its a show that's only on Sky I think?

And as for soaps, well they have had BH 90210, Eastenders, Allo Allo and The Bill guests.

'Allo, 'Allo was a soap?

Seriously though, if you want to watch some great TV (not just sci-fi), rent or borrow the BSG DVD's.

You'll be doing yourself a service. It really is wonderful drama;great acting, great writing. :lol:

Everybody talks Twilight, Twilight, Twilight.

Am I the only one here who hasn't seen that movie, doesn't care to therefor doesn't care to meet the actors - at least because of that movie? :blink:

My mates trying to get me to read the book. Sufficed to say motivation levels to do so are not exactly brimming to the full

Am I the only one here who hasn't seen that movie, doesn't care to therefor doesn't care to meet the actors - at least because of that movie? :blink:

No no, I haven't seen it either.

I will probably one day watch it but only because I am always happy to watch any movie that I've never seen before. So I'll watch it at least once. Sooner or later. But I'm not going out of my way to do so.

No I know you aren't, I have many friends very much the same way. It won't be a Twilight person anyway cause all the major ones have done shows before so that should make you happy ;)

Now I feel old... considering Blade Runner and ET both came out the year I was born....

I got that beat - I remember seeing ET at the cinema on it's initial run.

Me too. That was back in the days when half of the cinema was smoking, and someone came out halfway through the film with Kia-oras.

But seriously people - a lot of people on this forum weren't born in 1992, let alone 1982!

Edited by MikeDonovan

I agree 100% I've seen the movie and didn't like it one bit (don't attack me for saying that please). I mean, shiney vampires? Come on! I couldn't care less about Twilight myself...but I do respect that other people do and everyone needs to be catered for at these events. I mean, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and others aren't. That's my thing along with Buffy/Angel/Charmed etc etc.

Now I feel old... considering Blade Runner and ET both came out the year I was born....

I got that beat - I remember seeing ET at the cinema on it's initial run.

I got THAT beat ... I remember seeing The Empire Strikes Back on its initial run. :-)

you are not the only one