Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

Whoever it is, I hope the fanfare is justified and NOT someone who only has 2 fandoms to their name like Scott Bakula (if you werent a fan of Star Trek or Quantum Leap, just those 2 shows, then there was nothing else).

I think Bill Paxton has done a signing in the US. I know SM have been trying to get him for years (I think) so if it was him I'm sure Jason would have said that part. I doubt its an A list movie star though.

Edited by nicky

Just a quick one from me.

With it being the last hurrah for Aliens anniversary this year - Sigourney Weaver?!?

Just a thought.

Michelle

Now that would be sweet - it'd give a push for Avatar as well.

• Moderators

Whoever it is, I hope the fanfare is justified and NOT someone who only has 2 fandoms to their name like Scott Bakula (if you werent a fan of Star Trek or Quantum Leap, just those 2 shows, then there was nothing else).

I know people who met him for other things like Chuck etc.

But that's not the point .. the point is that we have to take these things in context obviously. Bakula was a fantastic guest in terms of signing events, and no doubt this one will be too.

With it being the last hurrah for Aliens anniversary this year - Sigourney Weaver?!?

Now that would be sweet - it'd give a push for Avatar as well.

I don't think Avatar actually needs a push? We've still never had an A list contemporary Hollywood "film star" yet either and I'm not sure if we'll ever get one - they're so rare for signings even at San Diego.

Bakula was a fantastic guest in terms of signing events, and no doubt this one will be too.

Yeah, I agree he was great guest to have cos he was so rare and a significant part of 2 major TV fandoms...but IMO as far as "amazing" guests go he was lacking in broad fan appeal - I mean if I did one of those polls that asked why are you meeting him, there would only be 2 or 3 realistic options to choose from. BTW, I haven't even heard of "Chuck".

Edited by nicky

Tim Burton would be amazing... or Michael Keaton.

Basically, anyone from Tim Burton movies. :unsure:

I totally agree!

If it was Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp or Alan Rickman for example, I know that I would totally HAVE to have several items signed... One from HP, one from Sweeney Todd.... I know, quite unrealistic but eh, nobody ever died because of a dream! (... I think ^^)

Never done a signing in the US or UK? - So might be from a country other than these two? hmmm

Please God don't let it be the bloke who played Jim Robinson in Neighbours!!!!!!! - He might have been in EVERY single show in the US in recent years (Lost, Ugly Betty, The O.C, NCIS, 24, X-Files etc etc) but I'm hoping he's not the big surprise!

Who's he?

He played Adam Carter in Spooks and has also been in loads of other programmes including; Whitechapel, Burn Up, Joe's Palace and Casanova. Rupert was also going to be in 'The Forgotten', a new American detective show, but has since been replaced along with a few of the other cast members as the show's producers have had to go for actors who aren't as expensive. He was fantastic in Spooks. You can view his IMDB here, most people have probably seen his face before. :YAHOO:

Edited by Doctor Who

Wont be SMG as she's pregnant and due around that time.

Ah that's shame!

Have David Duchovny or Gillian Anderson done signings before?

Both of them would be great!

And I'm pretty sure they would be considered as all-pleasing guests... Would be very popular!!