WHAT A GREAT DAY - SATURDAY

Started well with someone trying to sprint in past myself and then Too Tall at which point said person almost went over as Too Tall shouted "no running." Rookie mistake. It gets funnier every year.

i remember stating to a newbie in a post a few days ago "do not run" but i found myself starting to jog to the guests - before too tall shouted "no running" to me as well, and i have been going to these shows for years :thumbup:

the dude :thumbup:

Edited by the dude

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

again a big thank you to Showmasters. you guys really work hard and it shows.

I went only for Scott Bakula and he was great.

he was very busy - his ticket number went up into 1,000. a very popular guest.

i got to see scott @ 4.30pm with VT number 550, i got this ticket @ 9.30am

i saw that the VT's had got to 1100 by 5pm

my advice get there well early if you want to see him tomorrow.

i got in there at 9:20pm and by ticket number was 344. wow! i got to see him at 4:30pm too.

Started well with someone trying to sprint in past myself and then Too Tall at which point said person almost went over as Too Tall shouted "no running." Rookie mistake. It gets funnier every year.

i remember stating to a newbie in a post a few days ago "do not run" but i found myself starting to jog to the guests - before too tall shouted "no running" to me as well, and i have been going to these shows for years :thumbup:

The funny thing was before the event I thought there were going to be loads of hysterical teenage girls running hell for leather for all the Twilight people and that the crew were going to have to employ some sort of net to catch them and stop them!

In the end the only person I saw running was a rather respectably dressed middle aged man! I don't know who he was running for but he must have been keen because he ignored Too Tall shouting several times and had to be almost physically restrained and told to calm down by another crew member. All rather amusing I thought!

I had an amazing day. loved it. My girlfriend bless her almost fainted meeting Chris Sarandon. She LOVES NBC. I also shared a wee with him in the toilets lol

Met Mark Ryan who was one of the nicest guys I have ever met!

The only VT I had to get was just after they introduced them for Edward furlong - I got number 50, went for a stroll and came back within 20 mins to get into the queue so it wasn't so bad.

I noticed that TotalFilm, SFX and Universal were not at LFCC this year, which was a pity as the trailers last year were a nice addition, and I need to subscribe to TotalFilm again and they usually have some good offers on there (with free stuff lol).

But I'll be there tomorrow, and as much as it pained me to do so, I stayed away from half the dealers stalls so I would definately have something to do today lol. Being here on my own, if I can't fill the day I'm at the mercy of my hotel room and costa coffee for the rest of the day. Today I left at 2.30 after getting there around 8.20 so I didn't do too badly, but I've now spent a small fortune at the pay-per-min computers in the hotel.:thumbup:

So in 3 mins when my last coin runs out I'm done til tomorrow lol. Thank god there is a TV and Team America is on....

Roll on tomorrow - should be another great day!

I had a wonderful day! I'm so glad I made myself go even though I really wasn't well enough and am feeling the effects now. It was more than worth it though. There was a much better atmosphere at this year's LFCC than last year (which was a bit flat despite some of the big names); there was a genuine buzz in the air which is always appreciated.

I met Tom Baker, Alexandra Moen, Keeley Hawes and Scott Bakula. Everyone was so very lovely and warm and kind, giving as much time as was possible, shaking hands and making me come away with the impression that they genuinely liked being there and meeting everyone. It was a busy con and yet there was something really, really nice and relaxing about it. Of all the SM cons I've been too since 2006 I think LFCC 2009 will really stand out among fondest memories for some reason.

I enjoyed meeting everyone but I thought Keeley Hawes was amazing. I've never felt so at ease with a guest and I think she would have talked to each individual all day long if she could. I had such a fantastic time nattering away about anything and everything and she made it feel really personal and special. It was a shock because I thought she'd be having to really rush through everyone but I don't think I've spend as long with any guests as I got to spend with Keeley. Lovely lady, I hope she comes back so more can meet her.

Scott Bakula lived up to his repuation as a gentleman. He was very polite and charming and even though he was busy he made time for each individual, shaking hands and returning conversation. Very sweet guy.

Tom Baker was great fun and Alexandra Moen was very smiley and enthusiastic. I thought Tom should have had a virtual Q though because his line looked rather manic most of the time.

Fantastic day in all, very glad I went despite not being in the best of health...and it was a relief to be in a proper building after CM15. I appreciated the chill zone with the pillows - thanks SM.

Edited by Princess83

Quality day.. Word of advice for anyone arriving tomorrow tho.. Get there early!! I was there at 8.30 and the queue was unbelievable!! Got to be the busiest yet.. And seeing that Pete Facinelli couldnt make it today.. Tomorrow could be crayyyyyyyzeeeee.

Well done Showmasters.. Anotha good show.

Had a great day, and I want to thank all the Showmasters crew for being so patient and helpful with me (especially the older lady on the con organisers desk - I'm sorry I didn't see her name, but she was a sweetheart) :D

I think that Too Tall should have pre recorded the "Please don't run" message to save his voice! :whistling:

Met some great guests, Scott was an absolute gentleman, friendly and had time for everyone.

Other mentions should go to Keeley Hawes (what a lovely lady), Michael Ironside, Alexandra Moen, Danny John Jules, Tom Baker (who had me in fits of laughter) and the brilliant Dominic Keating.

I never did have a chance to look at the merchandise.....

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Thank you Showmasters for a WONDERFUL day :YAHOO: My son chose to spend his 20th birthday at the LFCC. He's a huge Dr Who fan so having his photo taken with Tom Baker was the highlight of a brilliant day :whistling: We also met Dave Prowse, what a gentleman :D

All in all, a terrific day :D Thank you, SM!!!!!!!

In the end the only person I saw running was a rather respectably dressed middle aged man! I don't know who he was running for but he must have been keen because he ignored Too Tall shouting several times and had to be almost physically restrained and told to calm down by another crew member. All rather amusing I thought!

i assure you this person was not me

what did people think of the event - apart from the guests?

i thought the stalls were great and full of good items for sale - though not as many as previous years

also the extra events going on, including the artist alley - added to a great day

Yeah I have to agree. One of my main reason non guest wise to go was to meet Casey Collier and get a sketch done so that was all good.

The stalls compared to MK and Midlands etc seemed to be more "quality" items rather than the same old same old I have seen before

thumbs up all round from me

If it was closer (90+miles plus tube etc) I would go back tomorrow

I thought that the event seemed very relaxed and chilled even though it was extremely busy.

Queues may have been long but seemed to move quite quickly except Vic's queue (but he was lovely and chatty to everyone).

The stalls were good, I didnt buy anything though. My friend however was surprised at how much manga related items there were and proceeded to buy many :thumbup:

Yeah the expansion of the cosplay area and the adding of the games and artists really gave you something else to do and broadend the con experience.

Great day SM, will be there tomorrow officially helping to crew the cosplay area, which will be a new experience...

As for sneaking past TT, its impossible, the man has a spidey-sense. I spotted some people walking in with free hug signs (banned at these cons) and within 2 seconds TT appeared from nowhere and swopped onto the guys like a rules hawk!

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

me too, but a 245 mile round trip - two days running is a little too much

me too, but a 245 mile round trip - two days running is a little too much

your birmingham im leamington, same kinda thing lol

Agreed.

It was an amzing day.

Jake and Lisa Lloyd were both SOOOOO nice and talkative, Michael Ironside and Danny Trejo were having their own little party, the delectable Nina Young was lovely. Dealers had some great bargains, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Not only that but the 'Comic' protion was well represented from the small pressers to Manga and the big two (although to be honest I'd like to see some more of the big two's creators).

Overall an excellent day and despite spening nearly £600.00 I still have a smile on my face.

looks to me that SM put on an great event that pleased not only me but many of the visitors - and there was a lot of them, did you see the size of the queue before 0900hrs WOW

great news to see the show so popular - looks goods for future events

Other people have mentioned the VQ problems first thing on Saturday but it really needs mentioning, the reason I got up at 5.30am with my pre-paid ticket etc was to make sure I got low VQ numbers and was surprised at the open Q policy. Basically you had to pick a queue ( I chose Michael Ironside ) and hope they were going to be along any minute as while you were waiting for the guest to arrive if they started handing out VQ tickets for Trejo, Furlong etc you were in trouble. No VQ tickets also causes the lines to get long which then impedes the flow of people walking past which just makes it more and more chaotic. At one point the lady trying to marshall the queue for Danny Trejo was telling us go away and come back in 15 minutes when the queue dies down, yeah right and what about the 2000 people queuing outside for 11.00am entrance etc !!. Please always hand out VQ tickets for guests such as these even if you call us up in quick batches of 50 etc or go to open queue once there are virtually no lines.

The first person I met was Michael Ironside and he is a great guy, I was about third or fourth in line for him and he was saying to people in front off me do you want to ask me anything etc, he liked my Total Recall picture of him and Sharon Stone and said it was the first scene of shooting and his real wife was just off camera when he had to kiss Stone. I was the first person to ask for a photo with him and he was fine with it even saying we were both going bald ( so now I've got that to worry about as well !!! ).

Next up was Edward Furlong who signed an American History X photo for me and happily posed for a photo.

Dominic Keating loved my shot from Las Veags of his with James Caan and James Le Sure and wrote Vegas Baby on it as well, he said it was a great show to work on a lot of fun and the women extras had to be seen to be believed, he laughed when I said the show was Indoor Baywatch, he won't do posed photo because he said the flash troubles his eyes.

Mark Ryan was a star, be prepared for a wait as he loves talking to you, I had a shot from his appearance on Frasier which he loved and we spoke about the show etc, happily posed for a photo.

The Shield is one of my favourite shows and Jimmy Jean Louis liked my shot of him in the interogation room from Season 4, I told him he was a wicked murderer and he laughed and said Its what I do best, posed photo no problem.

Sendhil Rammamurthy was fairly quite in terms of queues and in person, the show has gone way downhill and to be honest at £20 for him to really just pretty much print his first name was poor value compared to people like Ironside and Trejo etc who have vast bodies of work, did allow a posed photo though.

Danny Trejo was great, I had a picture for my NYPD Blue collection, he remembered being in the show twice in different but small roles and posed for photos, he reminded me a bit of Jason Mewes from last year in that you get the impression they are genuinely grateful for fans attention and appreciate how lucky they have been.

The Blood Type event was more of a sales pitch for an unmade show but it is interesting to see how things work at this stage of an ideas development and the free autographs were good ( just need to hope the show makes it massive now, it worked with my signed picture from Moon director Duncan Jones at another con earlier in the year ).

I had a quick look around the stalls but pretty much the same as always, to round the day off I stopped off at the Old Vic theatre on the way home and caught Ethan Hawke at the stage door after the matinee and he gladly signed my Training Day DVD.

Its all about the autographs for me and Showmasters do a fantastic job in getting guests from America, much as I love a quite Friday at Milton Keynes I relaise these big crowds bring in the money which hopefully means more big guests in the future, good job Showmasters

I went there to meet Keeley Hawes and I was nervous however she was so nice, and I think that she is the best guest I met at all my conventions, she was so sweet and she wasn't like the other guests that say Hi sign the photo and then say bye. She took the time to talk to everyone.