Submit your party songs

blaid drwg

OK guys so heres the deal I am in contact with the hub's DJ I gave him stuff like the harwoods jingle etc to play at the last one, I told him what lots of people wanted but cause they didnt request it he didnt play them. Luckly he played Dance Magic Dance which I gave him and requested it then Gareth sang yay!

So just list on here all the songs you want and I will ask the DJ to get the songs and you can request them.

Blame it on the boogie, Bohemian Rhapsody, Boom shake the room, Born to hand jive, Cha cha slide, Dr Who (Doctor' in the Tardis), Hawaii 5-0 Joe90, It's raining men, Jump Around, Ketchup song, Kung fu Fighting, Love Shack, macarena, Men in Black, Murder on the dance floor, Oops upside your head, Reach for the stars, Rock DJ, Saturday night, Shake a tailfeather, Stayin' alive, Star trekkin', Stop, Surfin' USA, Swamp Thing, Timewarp, tubthumping, Tragdey, Use it up & wear it out, YMCA.

And yes, I did just copy most of my "convention disco" playlist. ;-) IMHO all the above are con disco classics.

• 3 months later...

The Dj's get changed based on our availability, I am doing friday and saturday this weekend, Melanie ( I have a suspision she is on this thread ) sent me a song list ( most of which I have ) but could you resend as I lost a bunch of email including yours.

Ill try my best to play the songs, but you do need to guide me as I dont know the relavence of many of them to you guys ( im learning ) the clips are really hard to play as they are very short and dont come out brilliantly on the sound system.

Any way hope to keep you all dancing, and im staying up all weekend so if you have songs you want find me a tell me and I can down load or copy them off you

your forever clueless DJ :P

Blame it on the boogie, Bohemian Rhapsody, Boom shake the room, Born to hand jive, Cha cha slide, Dr Who (Doctor' in the Tardis), Hawaii 5-0 Joe90, It's raining men, Jump Around, Ketchup song, Kung fu Fighting, Love Shack, macarena, Men in Black, Murder on the dance floor, Oops upside your head, Reach for the stars, Rock DJ, Saturday night, Shake a tailfeather, Stayin' alive, Star trekkin', Stop, Surfin' USA, Swamp Thing, Timewarp, tubthumping, Tragdey, Use it up & wear it out, YMCA.

And yes, I did just copy most of my "convention disco" playlist. ;-) IMHO all the above are con disco classics.

LOL Filling in some blanks with ones on my "convention disco" playlist. :)

Footloose, Smells like teen spirit, Voodoo child, Holding out for a hero, I will survive, grease mega mix, lady marmalade, summer of 69.

And it should be the proper Time Warp, not that awful re-mix. :D

Rev Co - Do you think I'm Sexy

Madness - One Step Beyond

Toy Dolls - Nellie the Elephant

Pogues - Irish Rover

Vapours - Turning Japanese

Goldfrapp - Strict Machine

Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch

Lady Gaga - Just Dance / Poker Face

Faithless - God is a DJ

Offspring - Come out and Play

White Zombie - More Human than Human

House of Pain - Jump Around

The Prodigy - Omen / Everybody in the place / Voodoo People / Outer Space / No Good (Start the Dance) / Charley / Invaders must die

Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

Placebo - Nancy Boy / The Bitter End / Pure Morning

Scorpions - Rock You like a Hurricane

Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls

NIN - Head like a Hole (but no Closer, never any Closer. Most overplayed song EVER)

Tbh I'll dance to most things, except RnB, pap pop and opera. And I've tried to aviod the huge amount of goth, ebm and industrial that would fill any alternative dancefloor, but clear most others (Ministry anyone?)

LOL Filling in some blanks with ones on my "convention disco" playlist. :)

Footloose, Smells like teen spirit, Voodoo child, Holding out for a hero, I will survive, grease mega mix, lady marmalade, summer of 69.

And it should be the proper Time Warp, not that awful re-mix. :D

DEFINATELY. No Damien, The Time Warp should be from the RHPS!

Blue Gillespie songs for one. :WINCE:

Also...

'Don't Stop Believing' - Journey

'You're the Voice' - John Farnham (If you're involved in the Merlin fandom you'll understand why. :lol: )

'The Way You Make Me Feel' - Michael Jackson

'Brass in Pocket' - The Pretenders

'Total Eclipse of the Heart' - Bonnie Tyler

'Mmmbop' - Hanson (Yes, I AM serious.)

I'm sure I could think of a million more, but for now I shall just leave you with this strange mix of random 80's/90's songs. :huh:

And Blue Gillespie.

• Moderators

just realised that with all the 'con-songs' mentioned... no one has said '5,6,7,8' by Steps yet. If we're going to have 'Saturday Night' and 'Macarena' we need '5,6,7,8' to round it out :WINCE:

(The DJ played 'Saturday Night' at my cousins' 18th last weekend.. only me and my sister knew the dance. Guess that's what happens when you're several years older than the birthday girls and all their friends...)

Edited by etmuse

Lots of:

Prodigy

La Roux

Ladyhawke

Killers

Duran Duran

David Bowie

And as much 80s music as you can muster!

QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

P.s. that was a request for the band, not me calling you it based on your music choices haha

Edited by Never