Abrams Inc Refunds

Jola

I have this afternoon refunded everyone who had purchased an entry ticket for this event.

The refunds have gone back onto the card used at the time of processing. Please allow up to 7 days for the refunds to reach your accounts before querying for non receipt.

I know this isn't Jola's job but does anyone know what we do with the hotel booking (booked at Northampton Park Inn for this event). Do I call the hotel myself or will this be arranged by SM/ME too? Sorry to ask but well I wanted to check here first before I call the hotel, thanks.

You work fast Jola! Thanks! Sad it had to be cancelled though but that's just how it is sometimes...

I know this isn't Jola's job but does anyone know what we do with the hotel booking (booked at Northampton Park Inn for this event). Do I call the hotel myself or will this be arranged by SM/ME too?

The hotel refunds will be done directly by the hotel as far as I'm aware, as they would be the ones who charged your card.

I have a question...I got a new debit card (new account and number and all that) at around the time I booked for Abrams Inc - I really can't remember if I used my old or new card to pay with. There's a possibility it might have been the old one, which is now dead and gone. If it was, the refund won't go through. Should I just wait the seven days as normal and then contact you if it hasn't shown up in my account?

I can confirm that NO refund was rejected and that all the refunds went through accordingly.

Hard to believe, but banks do tend to accept these event on old cards. So the best thing to do is check with the bank as it may just be "sitting" on your old account.

You can email me with your real name etc, and I can confirm the card it went back onto if that helps? info@collectormania.com

I can confirm that NO refund was rejected and that all the refunds went through accordingly.

Hard to believe, but banks do tend to accept these event on old cards. So the best thing to do is check with the bank as it may just be "sitting" on your old account.

You can email me with your real name etc, and I can confirm the card it went back onto if that helps? info@collectormania.com

Thanks, I'll do that shortly.

I know this isn't Jola's job but does anyone know what we do with the hotel booking (booked at Northampton Park Inn for this event). Do I call the hotel myself or will this be arranged by SM/ME too?

The hotel refunds will be done directly by the hotel as far as I'm aware, as they would be the ones who charged your card.

Ok so I don't need to contact them for a refund then? Or should I contact them?

An interesting point to make.....

I called the hotel and they told me many people had been cancelling their hotel rooms in the last month or so, as they had decided not to come to the convention. Interesting, it seems many, like me, had booked their hotel but not purchased a ticket. Ie, had reserved their rooms and were waiting to buy the ticket(s) based on when the guests were announced. The hotel chap said to me that the cancellations in the last 4 to 6 weeks had been 'consiberable.' He also said that people were supposed to pay in full up front but they didnt really administer that rule when taking bookings which made it easy for people to do this!!

Showmasters should check this out...apparently a lot of people did this and it just goes to show that this event would of worked, had they announced more guests. People had booked the time off work, put the dates in their diary and booked their hotel....They were just waiting for guests to be announced before they purchased their ticket and were holding on after what happened with Lockdown.

Hmmmm.... Interesting indeed!!

Well I've not been able to book a room there without paying upfront since they introduced that ruling.

Seems very unfair if they're doing that for some.

I totally agree..if they did that for some they friggin better refund me MY booking or I will not be a happy bunny! I guess I better give them a call tomorrow and cancel my booking and ask for a refund.

I totally agree..if they did that for some they friggin better refund me MY booking or I will not be a happy bunny! I guess I better give them a call tomorrow and cancel my booking and ask for a refund.

God, I hope so too, I can't afford to waste that money. I was going to leave it to see if they refunded automatically but I think I might call...

Well I've not been able to book a room there without paying upfront since they introduced that ruling.

I would strongly suggest that you don't cancel the booking or even come out with any expression suggesting that you are cancelling, or they might just say that your cancellation is non-refundable. Instead I would use a phrase like you understand that the event s no longer happening and you wondered when your refund would be processed.

Whether they have or haven't been applying the "pay in advance" policy shouldn't affect your refund; they'll have to have a record of who has paid, so they know who still needs to pay. Plus you'll have a paper trail too - an entry on your bank or credit card statement from when you paid.

I know this isn't Jola's job but does anyone know what we do with the hotel booking (booked at Northampton Park Inn for this event). Do I call the hotel myself or will this be arranged by SM/ME too? Sorry to ask but well I wanted to check here first before I call the hotel, thanks.

You work fast Jola! Thanks! Sad it had to be cancelled though but that's just how it is sometimes...

I reckon since you made the booking , then it would need to be you that cancelled it.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

You will need to contact the hotel regarding getting a refund for any rooms that you booked for Abrams Inc. The hotel are fully aware of the situation and you will have no problem obtaining a refund on your room.

If for any reason you do have a problem though please do let us know and we will help.

Thanks

Mark :coolthumb:

Hi everyone,

You will need to contact the hotel regarding getting a refund for any rooms that you booked for Abrams Inc. The hotel are fully aware of the situation and you will have no problem obtaining a refund on your room.

If for any reason you do have a problem though please do let us know and we will help.

Thanks

Mark :coolthumb:

Thanks Mark. I will call the hotel this afternoon then.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Mark :P

Thank you for letting us know :)

• Showmasters Admin

An interesting point to make.....

I called the hotel and they told me many people had been cancelling their hotel rooms in the last month or so, as they had decided not to come to the convention. Interesting, it seems many, like me, had booked their hotel but not purchased a ticket. Ie, had reserved their rooms and were waiting to buy the ticket(s) based on when the guests were announced. The hotel chap said to me that the cancellations in the last 4 to 6 weeks had been 'consiberable.' He also said that people were supposed to pay in full up front but they didnt really administer that rule when taking bookings which made it easy for people to do this!!

Showmasters should check this out...apparently a lot of people did this and it just goes to show that this event would of worked, had they announced more guests. People had booked the time off work, put the dates in their diary and booked their hotel....They were just waiting for guests to be announced before they purchased their ticket and were holding on after what happened with Lockdown.

Hmmmm.... Interesting indeed!!

sorry this is utter rubbish the hotel now take payment on booking now and dont you think we also talk to the hotel to find out how many people have booked rooms and may not have booked tickets yet and there were less rooms book than there were tickets sold around half

so sorry this all not true

i feel i need to make this point to stop people thinking this is true

jason

• Showmasters Admin

please do not get wound up by this post, it is simply not true, the hotel dose take payment for all the event that are run there in advance now days

jason :YAHOO:

I would strongly suggest that you don't cancel the booking or even come out with any expression suggesting that you are cancelling, or they might just say that your cancellation is non-refundable. Instead I would use a phrase like you understand that the event s no longer happening and you wondered when your refund would be processed.

Whether they have or haven't been applying the "pay in advance" policy shouldn't affect your refund; they'll have to have a record of who has paid, so they know who still needs to pay. Plus you'll have a paper trail too - an entry on your bank or credit card statement from when you paid.

thanks for that and the hotel is cool with refunding everyone so there is nothing to worry about

anyway thanks tt

jason

Thanks, I'll do that shortly.

The refund went into my account today - cheers.

My refund was in the bank yesterday! I phone the hotel too and had NO problem cancelling it and they said they'd refund me asap. So I expect those money to be in refunded to my card within a few day's time too. Hotel had no problem understanding why I cancelled. NO hassle whatsoever :-D.

I was pretty much broke, then this happen so in a way it was a blessing too. Although I'd rather have the event of course!

Dead right. They do indeed have a record of who's paid and who hasn't. I phoned the hotel and they were aware the event had been cancelled and checked my record and I hadn't actually been charged! They'd taken my bank details but not actually the payment (over the phone when I booked). I checked my bank statements and the hotel was correct - I'd paid several large event and hotel-related bills around that time, but nothing relating to my hotel booking for Abrams Inc. I guess they had my details as surety, anyway. I was definitely charged upfront for Eclipse 3, though. Maybe they thought I was a safe bet this time round?

Edited by CosmicAvatar