Glasgow Attendee Chatter

Oh dont worry, if theres any updates, you guys will be the first to know :YAHOO:

If push comes to shove though, I could always just resurrect my old Captain Hammer cosplay (( want to try something different but I wouldnt mind wearing it one last time ))

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a few of us pondering Repo! costumes for the party anyway - And there should be a Repo! club night at some point soon ( I await confirmation of full details ).

BTW, anyone here who's not seen Repo! The Genetic Opera yet, do so before the party, as I fully plan to play a song or two from it :(

Hmm I may do Captain Hammer but at the moment, i'm considering something else (( I have 2 friends who may be willing to do a group cosplay with me )).

I would also recommend the viewing of Repo, its an absolutley underrated gem which I now feel like watching again :P. A repo club night sounds awesome dude.

I wasn't aware that Edward Furlong had an album out ;) ah well I guess you learn something new everyday.

Says here;

http://www.houseofdiabolique.com/hall/eddie/eddie.html

Furlong achieved popularity in Japan following Terminator 2, and appeared in advertisements for various Japanese products.[24] He also released an album in Japan called Hold on Tight, which included a cover of The Doors song "People Are Strange".[25] Furlong would later claim that the music was "the exact opposite of rock" and "a bad mistake".[26]

In 1996, Furlong modeled for Calvin Klein.[27]

and there

Is it me or does the guest list seem more than a little lacklustre? I mean there are some nice guests there to be sure but compared to the Collectormania's in other parts of the UK this is looking decidedly bare.

So come on organisers, there just over a month to go and you still need another heavy hitter. Let's be having you or we are going to end up looking like the poor man's Collectables fair.

Is it me or does the guest list seem more than a little lacklustre? I mean there are some nice guests there to be sure but compared to the Collectormania's in other parts of the UK this is looking decidedly bare.

So come on organisers, there just over a month to go and you still need another heavy hitter. Let's be having you or we are going to end up looking like the poor man's Collectables fair.

Give showmasters a chance. This is the busyest time for them.

They will have more announcments up soon. Be patient. They know what they are doing..

I'll be the first to cheer and applaude and congratulate them when the announcements are made. But as I say right now, apart from Amber and Robert (and to some extent Peter) the line up so far is just not striking the iron hot.

I appreciate that its a busy time for the Showmasters people I just feel its worth voicing a genuine concern.

I understand and appreciate that Showmasters are busy. The amount of events they run in a year that is no surprise. :blink:

I have been to loads of Showmasters events and I intend on being at this one. :D The guests currently announced would appeal to me. They are not enough for me to convince non-fandom people to attend just to see what an event is like.

A guest - even a minor one - from something like Heroes or Twilight would get more interest. An HP guest like the actor who played Seamus that attended the first Glasgow one would also appeal.

What I'm getting at is ideally someone from a 'current' show or movie. Someone recognisable to the general public and not just a person in fandom.

Now that Lfcc is out of the way. we should be getting some announcements soon.

Showmasters has not let us down yet.

not eveyone will be happy with the guest line up, a lot of people like how it is so far. Each to their own :thumbup:

I am Keeping my fingers crossed for Micky Dolenz. not gonna happen though. Lol