Glasgow Attendee Chatter

Loved the character moments in that movie.

The scenes round the campfire and in the brig are great. Not to get all "bromance" on everyone's ass, but you can really feel the love between the three men. Awesome writing, awesome acting.

Could've done without Uhura's naked dance though. She's gotta be, what, 149 years old.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could've done without Uhura's naked dance though. She's gotta be, what, 149 years old.

Still... for that age, nice legs.

I have to include the painful memory moments in that list - especially McCoy pulling he plug on his father. Good old emotional trauma. And the comedy wasn't as bad as people remember it.

Still... for that age, nice legs.

She's no Stacy Keibler though, let's be honest.

I have to include the painful memory moments in that list

"I need my pain!"

And the comedy wasn't as bad as people remember it.

The comedy's actually pretty darn good. Not Voyage Home good, but still good.

"Marsh melon." Megalolz.

And let's not forget "Not in front of the Klingons."

Bromance before bromance was a term.

2002081545045753984_rs.jpg

Interesting fact I just learned from the new Trek V audio commentary:

That scene apparently took many, many takes to nail cause Shatner and Nimoy kept cracking up and laughing. If you watch their faces - especially Shatner's - in the final film, they're about ready to lose it.

Star Trek V is, of course, the film in which Kirk once and for all proves his badassesness when he comes face to face with God and he's all like "whatever, dude."

Found this. You may laugh.

klingcolor.jpg

Edited by MartyMichaels

Yeah, I think they mentioned it in the special features too. There were comments about shifting a line from Uhura to Chekov too as Nichelle Nichols wouldn't say it.

It's one of the better discs for features, interviews etc. Though I've not seen any TNG DVD's other than Nemesis.

• Showmasters Admin

Guys the word filter is there for a reason and that reason is NOT for you to find ways around it.

This is a family forum and we do get kids coming on here. What you've posted so far is OK, but on the line. Lets please make sure we stay this side of the kid friendly line.

Rule of thumb. If you would not say it to your grandmother or a 10 years old with their mother there. Then don't post it here. And please no funny comments that your grandmother has a foul mouth or that 10 year olds know swear words we don't. You understand the point this is making. Let's keep this a family friendly place.

Thanks,

Stuart.

Don't worry, Stuart... I'm keeping an eye on the line-crossing situation :)

The last thing we want is for another "Mirrorball Incident" on here. If I see so much as a hint of actual winkie, I shall request a removal.

Then PM a mod to get the pic of it taken away ;)

Kudos for saying winkie :D !

• Moderators

People have been asked repeatedly in a polite manner by nearly every single moderator now to keep on topic. Clearly some have NO intention of doing so.

It's unfortunate, as they've only got themselves to blame. No point putting :dance: faces like you have no idea why, as it's pretty clear :P

Another 2 threads bite the dust :huh:

No wonder. The threads just keep going so far off topic. One gets shut down and then some people move to another one and start it off again. Its starting to get a bit sad now. If you want to mess around then this is the thread to do it in, and not the Guests threads. Look at the Amber Benson and Robert Picardo one now going the same way. I used to like coming on the Glasgow Forum, but now i dread coming on as people keep on wasting the threads. :dance::P

Edited by mojoe