James Masters Photo Session

showmasters

okay, on a similar but slightly different note - me and hubby have gold tickets so get photo shoots thrown in. He doesn't particularly want a photo with James, so can I use his ticket to get another photo, or do I have to buy extra photo shoot tickets? It hadn't even occured to me until he mentioned it tbh

:o

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of any that have sold out at a convention.

I have I was at it and missed can't say where it was due to the rules but it ruined my weekend :lol:

That sucks :P

it really did but made up for it now and oddly they were both meant to be birthday pressies :lol:

As far as i remember it they sold out at C7 but wasnt this the first time james came to one? I know we queued outside the shopping centre at 2am to get in over that bank holiday. He'd been doing concerts in London but by the time we got back to MK on the sunday the tickets had gone so we stayed outside overnight to guarantee for monday morning, this was fun if not cold i remember.!

Also fans do buy a few photo tickets each as he does the different poses which he has chosen to do so it is better to buy in advance, i think rather than rely on the fact there may be some tickets at the event just in case . I have to say personally photos are more important than autos now to me so i would also book photos in advance to avoid any disappointment something i learned at one of my first cons where i missed out on photos with most of the guests as they had sold out before i got there.

Nicky

Edited by buffy2k

• Moderators

Indeed, but I was talking specifically about 'conventions' rather than 'signing events' - the way that photos are run during con schedules differs from the very limited fashion of a 1 hour slot at a 'signing event' and there's far more flexibility.

So sure, if people want to be sure, obviously buying them in advance is an option. But personally it's not something I'd worry about so much at a 'convention'.

Thats true for SM Cons i have been to as i know there are several sessions so it can be worked out and will be fine for Hallowhedon i am sure.

My very first proper buffy con i went to years ago, i didnt get photos with half the guests though as they only sold 400 for James when there were 2000 people so that was unfair and the other guests i missed out on too. Thats why i dont want there to ever be a chance of this again and always go for tickets in advance for cons or signings if i want them just in case.

Edited by buffy2k

• 2 months later...

How do the photo session work? if i paid for one what does that mean? like exactly. i've never done this before i'm just curious. thanks!

~Charlie

You queue at the time your group is scheduled to get a photo. You will have your photo taken with James in front of a professional backdrop. That's pretty much it.

James will usually shake your hand, say hello, put his arm aound you and you put your arm around him. If you ask for a special pose he normally obliges too.

How do the photo session work? if i paid for one what does that mean? like exactly. i've never done this before i'm just curious. thanks!

~Charlie

You queue at the time your group is scheduled to get a photo. You will have your photo taken with James in front of a professional backdrop. That's pretty much it.

James will usually shake your hand, say hello, put his arm aound you and you put your arm around him. If you ask for a special pose he normally obliges too.

Sounds simple enough :) sorry just wasn't sure. thanks!

• 1 month later...

I just realized I want an extra pic, but I'm afraid the ticket--or whatever--won't be here before I'm off to Hallowhedon (I'm in Greece). Do you know if there's any chance they could hold it for me at the event venue?

Thanks in advance,

Sotia

As far as I'm aware if you book and extra photoshoot ticket it wont be posted out to you.......it'll be in the registration packet you get at the event. So if your away no need to worry at all :)

(you might wanna wait for someone higher up to verify this)

I just realized I want an extra pic, but I'm afraid the ticket--or whatever--won't be here before I'm off to Hallowhedon (I'm in Greece). Do you know if there's any chance they could hold it for me at the event venue?

Thanks in advance,

Sotia

At previous SM cons I've attended all the photo and auto tickets bought in advance have been given to you when you do the registering. They aren't mailed to you.

As far as I'm aware if you book and extra photoshoot ticket it wont be posted out to you.......it'll be in the registration packet you get at the event. So if your away no need to worry at all :)

(you might wanna wait for someone higher up to verify this)

*verifies the above* :P

Yes, this is is correct. You will receive the photo sessions with your registration pack at the show.

The only thing that is mailed is the registration letter. If that should not show up bring a print out of your order e-mail and some sort of ID and crew will sort you out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you will find that the fans do ask for certain poses with James as he is up for mostly anything within reason. I have a friend who has just had her 100th photo and has funny poses every time.

this time i am going to get James to pose with my puppet spike and also i want another "bitey" photo seeing its a buffy con. still thinking about the other poses i want.

Edited by buffy2k