free buses to and from the center and train station over the weekend

showmasters

Milton Keynes train station is an easy walk to the shopping centre. You literally come out of the train station and walk in a straight line until you hit the shopping centre.

It's about a 10-15 minute car ride from the city centre (shopping centre) to the stadium.

i see the travelodge charges £59.00 not 30, it says from 29,

Milton Keynes train station is an easy walk to the shopping centre. You literally come out of the train station and walk in a straight line until you hit the shopping centre.

It's about a 10-15 minute car ride from the city centre (shopping centre) to the stadium.

i see the travelodge charges £59.00 not 30, it says from 29,

Yes, it's FROM £29, meaning that's the minimum you pay at certain off peak times, booked at least 6 (I think) weeks in advance. £59 is the standard nightly rate.

• Moderators

Yep, Travelodge does good cheap rates, but they're usually quite far in advance and go quickly. Plus hotels can keep their rooms at the higher rate during event periods etc.

10-15 mins? Are you on a bicycle? 5mins down the A5 (which the exit is right by the stadium), this is ideal for those staying at the Travelodge or about 10mins through the city, just follow Gtafton Street.

10-15 mins? Are you on a bicycle? 5mins down the A5 (which the exit is right by the stadium), this is ideal for those staying at the Travelodge or about 10mins through the city, just follow Gtafton Street.

Well i did say 10 TO 15... i got a bit over excited that it will be within walking distance of my house and added another 5 from the shopping centre to my actual house rather than the stadium, sorry for any confusion! :)

• Showmasters Admin

Just to clarify...

The free coaches will hopefully be running from about 7.30am through to the end of the show. But exact details will be confirmed soon.

They will be collecting from Milton Keynes Central Train Station and the Centre MK shopping centre (the old venue) and then heading to the MK Dons Stadium. (This is NOT the stadium next to the trian station)

They will be running every half hour.

If you are staying in the travel lodge the train station is just across the road and if you are staying at the Jury's inn you are pretty much in the middle of the two pick up points. Turn left and you are at the train station. Turn right and you are at the Centre MK. But if you dont know the area i would recommend going to the trian station. Its smaller and the coach will be easier to spot.

Once again, we will have exact details soon, complete with maps and pick up times.

thanks

When I looked at the train times and things, it said that it was a 25 minute walk to Dons MK Stadium from Bletchley and 3-40 mins from Milton Keyenes Central. I'm confused, people are saying it's only 10-15 minutes. Which is it?

Also, are the buses running from both stations or just MKC station?

Thanks

When I looked at the train times and things, it said that it was a 25 minute walk to Dons MK Stadium from Bletchley and 3-40 mins from Milton Keyenes Central. I'm confused, people are saying it's only 10-15 minutes. Which is it?

The 10 to 15 minute estimates I saw was a car trip, but maybe I overlooked something there.

The busses organised by Showmasters run from MKC station, but will also stop at the shopping centre.

The 10 to 15 minute estimates I saw was a car trip, but maybe I overlooked something there.

The busses organised by Showmasters run from MKC station, but will also stop at the shopping centre.

Just to clarify...

The free coaches will hopefully be running from about 7.30am through to the end of the show. But exact details will be confirmed soon.

They will be collecting from Milton Keynes Central Train Station and the Centre MK shopping centre (the old venue) and then heading to the MK Dons Stadium. (This is NOT the stadium next to the trian station)

They will be running every half hour.

If you are staying in the travel lodge the train station is just across the road and if you are staying at the Jury's inn you are pretty much in the middle of the two pick up points. Turn left and you are at the train station. Turn right and you are at the Centre MK. But if you dont know the area i would recommend going to the trian station. Its smaller and the coach will be easier to spot.

Once again, we will have exact details soon, complete with maps and pick up times.

thanks

This has saved me asking how far it the Travel Lodge and Jury's Inn are from the train station, apart from...how long would it take to walk from the Jury's Inn to the train station roughly?

Edited by SunSpeed

THANK YOU for doing these free buses!! After seeing this I'm going to hold out booking my train ticket until I know when the buses are - if I can minimise the cost by getting the coach to the train station on the sunday, I'm not going to pay extra for a taxi! Also, I'm staying at the Jury's Inn so knowing there'll be a way to get to the stadium for free on all the days is amazing, especially as I can only just afford to go as it is, without travel and food expenses whilst there!

I was just looking at the website. It says that there is a coach every hour from London Victoria to the Stadium. Am I understanding that right?

When it says every hour, will that be 8.00am, 9.00am, or will it be something like 8.?? and 9.??

I was also wondering how long it would generally take from there

Thanks

This has saved me asking how far it the Travel Lodge and Jury's Inn are from the train station, apart from...how long would it take to walk from the Jury's Inn to the train station roughly?

As DavidB said, it's about a 10 minute gentle walk from Jury's to the station. My advice would be to get dropped off at the Shopping Centre on the return leg, as the station is downhill from Jury's and the walk back at the end of the day (hopefully loaded with bags of goodies) could be a pain! :YAHOO:

As DavidB said, it's about a 10 minute gentle walk from Jury's to the station. My advice would be to get dropped off at the Shopping Centre on the return leg, as the station is downhill from Jury's and the walk back at the end of the day (hopefully loaded with bags of goodies) could be a pain! :YAHOO:

Thanks for your advice/help. Yes that would be handy if it's an uphill walk at the end of the day! The bus will stop at the Mk after you join the bus from the stadium pick up point?

Edited by SunSpeed