1920's Costume Ideas !

breakout

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Oh, sounds lovely. Love turquoise :YAHOO: I haven't actually bought outfits for any of the parties, and this is the most difficult outfit by far. I have no idea what to get! I'm going to be frantically looking around for the next few weeks! The Baseball themed party I was just planning on wearing a baseball cap, a plain baseball t-shirt and jeans. LOL. This party requires a lot more effort and I'm a little stuck :|

Edited by Laurenx

Boohoo... The dress I bought off ebay doesn't fit!!!!

Anyway I've been shopping :P and have finally ended up with TWO dresses from H&M. Both fringed, one is purple and the other is silver. I liked them both and couldn't decide! :(:WINCE::geek:

I finally decided on a dress for this party and brought this one

_1920.jpg

thats not me in the pic just the model! I'm gonna get some gloves and more accessories to go with it what do people think?

Nice!! I like it! I got my dress but I'm scared of wearing it!!! I don't wear dresses and it is very short!! :blush::unsure: This is what I'm going to look like... (The lady is a model... btw!!)

fringe_flapper_style_dress.jpg

_1920.jpg

thats not me in the pic just the model! I'm gonna get some gloves and more accessories to go with it what do people think?

Nice!! I like it! I got my dress but I'm scared of wearing it!!! I don't wear dresses and it is very short!! :blush::unsure: This is what I'm going to look like... (The lady is a model... btw!!)

oh that dress is lovely it isnt too short and you can always wear tights or even leggings under it if it made you feel more comfortable, yeah the model in my pic is skinnier than me so it probably wont look anything like that on me!

_1920.jpg

Nice!! I like it! I got my dress but I'm scared of wearing it!!! I don't wear dresses and it is very short!! :blush::thumbup: This is what I'm going to look like... (The lady is a model... btw!!)

oh that dress is lovely it isnt too short and you can always wear tights or even leggings under it if it made you feel more comfortable, yeah the model in my pic is skinnier than me so it probably wont look anything like that on me!

Thanks! I will be wearing tights! I must be taller than the model because the dress is much more higher on me!!! :unsure:

_1920.jpg

I've been looking at that dress too, but in blue/turquiose. But I can't decide whether spending about £50 on a dress I may never wear again is too much...I haven't found anything else suitable in my size though...*sigh*

Thanks :P I'll have to search out the Claire's when I next to go MK. I haven't been in that store in years! But yeah, if all else fails I'll try ebay. For some reason I never thought to look on there and I'm sure I could find some, they have everything on that site lol.

Edited by Laurenx

Gorgeous!

That dress is beautiful xx

Thanks (i'm expecting to ruin it when i put it on lol) but seriously i now have nooooo idea how to accessorise it any suggestions greatly received xx

Does anyone have any good ideas for hairstyles? (long hair doesn't really suit the era i don't think?)

Thanks (i'm expecting to ruin it when i put it on lol) but seriously i now have nooooo idea how to accessorise it any suggestions greatly received xx

Does anyone have any good ideas for hairstyles? (long hair doesn't really suit the era i don't think?)

Your dress is beautiful!

Accessories-wise, just a long string of pearls would be fine - the necklaces in that era were mostly long strings of beads. Shoes were usually not too high - just simple t-bar or mary-jane style.

If your hair is long, you can pin it up at the back, but quite low and loose, so that from the front it looks a little like a bob hairstyle - a lot of women who kept their long hair wore it that way in the twenties. You could either accessorise your hair with a hairband with feathers or a fabric flower, or just wear an ornate hairclip - diamante brooch-style designs were big for hair then. If you wanted to go all out, you could probably find a beaded skull cap online somewhere.

Does anyone know where I can get some long black gloves to go with my outfit? I can't find any :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1920s-Ladies-Black-L...id=p3286.c0.m14

:wub: I got some from primark for £2

So i have my dress sorted i think :band:

Flapper.jpg

Now just need to get everything to go with it :D

That's is gorgeous :wub:

LOL, i know where i'm getting my gloves now :unsure: PRIMARK!!! WHOOP!!!

I have my outfit sorted nw, these are my shoes....

233882387_tp.jpg

This is my dress although i am going to lengthen it as its a tad too short lol.....

AZZ96104PINK_MODELSHOT_LARGE.jpg

I have black beads and a black beaded hand bag to go with it i just need a head dress thing now lol xx

Edited by Ma Monkey Man xx