Another event for Twilight fans in the UK

showmasters

Now Dayna! Why am I not suprised!

Thanks! :D

The cool thing is that the image is difficult to rip, I couldn't even copy and paste/save to show on here

(no doubt I will manage when I get time to try)

Right, off to Taekwondo!

Rhi how did you manage it in the end? That's the problem I'm having with the screen shot I've found of Edward for you and it's so frustrating! Ryan (my bf) has told me to try copy and paste the screen shot into Gimp instead of Paint but I don't think that'll work!

Enjoy Taekwondo!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They gave me a png code to use. But it only seems to work on Deviantart.

Screen caps are tricky!

I am sure that somebody put instructions for this on the LFCC forum when they were looking for Stargate screen caps.

Here it is:

Someone called 1 of 2 on the michael Shanks topic in LFCC

This is what he said.

Correct. The reason you are getting a black screenshot is because Microsoft have changed the way that an image is displayed on the screenusing media player. With WMP11 (also versions 9 and 10 I think - I can't recall) the image is displayed on an overlay. You are getting a snapshot of the normal layer underneath. Easy to remedy though.

On the tools menu of WMP click on 'options'. Then the 'performance' tab. Next select 'advanced' in the 'video acceleration' section. Finally you will see in the 'DVD video' section that 'Use overlays' is ticked. Untick it and ok everything. Pressing 'Print screen should work now when playing back a DVD. Just remember to re-enable it when done or you may find certains videos that will now display just a black image

All gobbledigook to me though!

They gave me a png code to use. But it only seems to work on Deviantart.

Screen caps are tricky!

I am sure that somebody put instructions for this on the LFCC forum when they were looking for Stargate screen caps.

Here it is:

Someone called 1 of 2 on the michael Shanks topic in LFCC

This is what he said.

Correct. The reason you are getting a black screenshot is because Microsoft have changed the way that an image is displayed on the screenusing media player. With WMP11 (also versions 9 and 10 I think - I can't recall) the image is displayed on an overlay. You are getting a snapshot of the normal layer underneath. Easy to remedy though.

On the tools menu of WMP click on 'options'. Then the 'performance' tab. Next select 'advanced' in the 'video acceleration' section. Finally you will see in the 'DVD video' section that 'Use overlays' is ticked. Untick it and ok everything. Pressing 'Print screen should work now when playing back a DVD. Just remember to re-enable it when done or you may find certains videos that will now display just a black image

All gobbledigook to me though!

Thanks Rhi you're a star! I shall try that the next time I'm on the laptop!

You mean you understand that?

Crikey, I really am thick! :D

Nah you're not thick! I don't understand but I'll follow the instructions and in theory it'll work! Had a feeling it was to do with windows media. Wasn't logical for it to be sumink to do with paint. Wooohooo then I can send you my chosen screen shot of the gorgeous Rob!

Thank you Jo! :(

right, I really have to go now!

Haven't even got changed yet, and training starts at 6pm!

Ha ha you best get a move on then!

Talk to you later!

Congrats Rhi :D

Just got my copy of heat. Thought I was being really cool and nonchalant about it but my hubby took one look at it and said 'Yeh, I know why you bought that one!' :P

He also then announced in a really loud voice 'my wife is a cougar' to which several people turned to stare at me :D

Congrats Rhi :D

Just got my copy of heat. Thought I was being really cool and nonchalant about it but my hubby took one look at it and said 'Yeh, I know why you bought that one!' :P

He also then announced in a really loud voice 'my wife is a cougar' to which several people turned to stare at me :D

LMAO at your hubby!! How mean of him! My bf would have been the same with me had he seen I'd bought it. He'd just take one look at the front cover and know instantly that Rob's the only reason I bought it ha ha! A while back I told him I'd bought Haunted Airman on DVD but purposefully neglected to say Rob was plays the lead coz I know what my bf's like lol!

Jade, if it was me I'd simply just ask if I can go see Muse.

hey people just wondering i know we all bought heat but did anyone turn back into a 13 year old girl and buy bliss coz they have a twilight extras dvd thingy giveaway

i certainly did!!! got some funny looks in the shop specially as i had my jacob black hoodie on aswell!!! :P:D:D:D

some people just dont understand lol

hey people just wondering i know we all bought heat but did anyone turn back into a 13 year old girl and buy bliss coz they have a twilight extras dvd thingy giveaway

i certainly did!!! got some funny looks in the shop specially as i had my jacob black hoodie on aswell!!! :D:D:D:D

I didn't buy it but my Mom bought it for me!! She thought I'd enjoy it!! I was like... Er, thanks, I'm too old for this magazine!!! =oD

i certainly did!!! got some funny looks in the shop specially as i had my jacob black hoodie on aswell!!! :D:D:D:D

I NEVER buy Heat or any 'gossip' magazines but you all convinced me and I got it today!!!..

And yes, I bought Bella too - embarassingly had to ask a young salesguy if they even stocked it, i couldnt see it on the shelf. :(

Edited by Lara11

i certainly did!!! got some funny looks in the shop specially as i had my jacob black hoodie on aswell!!! ;):D:D:D

I didn't buy it but my Mom bought it for me!! She thought I'd enjoy it!! I was like... Er, thanks, I'm too old for this magazine!!! =oD

I BOUGHT IT :D it really did make me feel 13 again especially when i read the problem pages :P

Rhi great news about your designs, I just went onto your Deviant art site and WOW I knew you were good but they are bloody good ;) I like the one of your grandad and your son :(

i certainly did!!! got some funny looks in the shop specially as i had my jacob black hoodie on aswell!!! ;):D:D:D

Even better, our bathroom is always filled with Kerrang, Classic Rock, total Film, Cakes & Sugarcraft...................................and HUBBY bought me Bliss so I could have the DVD.....................................and I sent away for the twilight peg! (It hasn't come yet though!)

Oh thank you Cheryl :D That is so nice of you to say!

I can't wait til next week, I have a couple of days off...............and I am going to spend them drawing Peter!!!!!!!!! :(

Edited by dragonsanddaffodils

and I am going to spend them drawing Peter!!!!!!!!!

I'm jealous! For the last few days I've been longing for exams to be over just so I can whack out the oils and paint some Peter/Jennie fluff (because they are just so adorable together)! Can't wait to see your drawing :)

and I am going to spend them drawing Peter!!!!!!!!!

I'm jealous! For the last few days I've been longing for exams to be over just so I can whack out the oils and paint some Peter/Jennie fluff (because they are just so adorable together)! Can't wait to see your drawing :)

I've never painted oils. I only really do graphite (like my wolf avatar).

Started drawing again Last August, and am completely addicted now! (Didn't draw for 21 years!!!)

Its so hard to find the time though isn't it! Always something else that needs doing!