Do not book the hotel till WE GIVE YOU THE CODES PLEASE

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are having a meeting with the hotel in the next few days to go over all the points we need to make your stay a pleasurable one.

We did say DO NOT BOOK THE HOTEL UNTIL WE SAY SO ON HERE!

So please listen to this OK.

We have yet to work out the rates and deal for you all. So booking now wastes everyone's time and makes our job harder to do. So please wait until we give you all the green light. There are 700 rooms compared to the 110 at the Park Inn so there is no hurry.

Thank you,

JASON

SHOWMASTERS

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

I just want to say i mentioned the hub anf they said there special rate was s follows:

friday - saturday is £72

saturday - sunday is £69

sunday - monday is £69

they saud they had block booked for the hub

And it was after this post that SM replied and said NOT to book.

Because this information is incorrect, and people should NOT be booking until SM have finalised the details.

SJ

x

They left a few rooms - other sites still show about 5 of each type for that weekend, which can be cancelled up to the day before, if booked by those other sites.

But I think I'll stay over the road for half the price :)

I just want to say i mentioned the hub anf they said there special rate was s follows:

friday - saturday is £72

saturday - sunday is £69

sunday - monday is £69

And it was after this post that SM replied and said NOT to book.

Because this information is incorrect, and people should NOT be booking until SM have finalised the details.

SJ

x

sorry i thought was helping i just assumed that because they was aware of the event that something was done and i didnt want anyone to miss out. :huh:

• Showmasters Admin

As SM have said the hotel has around 700 rooms, so it's not like anyone will miss out. Just wait for them to give you the details and codes, then you can book away. Until then just try to be patient, :D

SJ

xox

Is there a time we'd have to be out of our rooms on Sunday if we're not staying that night? I heard some people at the Hub 2 complaining they've been shut out of their rooms during the last day and thought it might be because they weren't booked in for Sunday night and had to be out in the morning.

I don't really want to carry my bags around for the day on Sunday, I could probably handle the afternoon if it's talks like at the last one. If we have to be out in the morning is there anyway of extending it up until lunch?

Is there a time we'd have to be out of our rooms on Sunday if we're not staying that night? I heard some people at the Hub 2 complaining they've been shut out of their rooms during the last day and thought it might be because they weren't booked in for Sunday night and had to be out in the morning.

I don't really want to carry my bags around for the day on Sunday, I could probably handle the afternoon if it's talks like at the last one. If we have to be out in the morning is there anyway of extending it up until lunch?

Last time I was at the Hilton Birmingham, checkout time was 12 noon.

Hotels generally have a check out time, you have to be out of your room by then. It's usually I think around 10 or 11 am but obviously varies by hotel. The point is they need you and all your stuff out so they can get it cleaned and all ready for someone else to check in later that day.

As for carrying bags, again depends on the hotel, but some will be able to store your bags somewhere for you for a while during the day after you've checked out. You'd have to ask first though and there's no guarantee this facility will be available.

Failing that, if someone else you know is staying in the hotel Sunday night you could possibly leave your bags in their room during the day after you've checked out.

Last time I was at the Hilton Birmingham, checkout time was 12 noon.

That time would be okay. Thanks.

• Showmasters Admin

I've stayed there too, checked out at 12 and left my luggage with their concierge, they're very helpful and give you a receipt for your luggage so you can pick it up later!!

SJ

xox

I am happy to wait for the all clear from Showmasters about booking the hotel, but can't help wondering why on some forums that I've been on some people which are attending seem to be talking about having already booked their rooms?

I am happy to wait for the all clear from Showmasters about booking the hotel, but can't help wondering why on some forums that I've been on some people which are attending seem to be talking about having already booked their rooms?

There will always be some people who can't (or won't) follow instructions. Or even read them. Or notice them. Or even receive them. There are also some people also want to book things as soon as possible. And some people who enjoy perpetrating a wind-up. There are probably a multitude of reasons...

Hi

Couple questions

1. When rates sorted atHilton does this include car parking as their website seems to show as separate payment per night.

2.Not sure what happened at park inn but if book at con rate does hotel require full pre payment or can it just be reserved by Credit Card

;);) Cant wait - counting down the days ,,,,,

But on a serious Quote - have we got the codes to be able to book yet.

I am waiting - and hope my spam filter has not binned the email from SM/ME.

We need the codes for the bookings please...

:D

Hi

Couple questions

1. When rates sorted atHilton does this include car parking as their website seems to show as separate payment per night.

2.Not sure what happened at park inn but if book at con rate does hotel require full pre payment or can it just be reserved by Credit Card

Good point - would SM be able to let us know whether car parking is included, please?

• Showmasters Admin

But on a serious Quote - have we got the codes to be able to book yet.

No, we haven't got any codes yet.

I'm not even sure if the code will be sent by e-mail. Best keep an eye on the forum, it will be posted here.

At the Hub 2 event when Jason and Mark went on stage they said the information would be posted on the fourm, and on the website as soon as they had it. They never mentioned anything about emails being sent out - they may send out emails, but thats not been said - so it's best just to keep checking back here.

SJ

xox

i too hope they post them here, I have a few people already asking me and kinda realying on me to give them the code when it comes. i know i've said I would to a few mates, but to people I dont know, it kinda is erm.... yeah!

:P Why would you give the codes to people you don't know??? :D I'm assuming that they're attending the con, so surely joining the forum would be the easiest way all round!