Flying solo?

Jemma

So there is only 102 tickets left and it looks like my friend will not be able to come to ET2 so i will be coming alone :D I really want to enjoy ET2 as much as i did at ET so am in need of some friends :D

I have a silver ticket so hey to any silvers.

Would be nice not to be sat on my own.

Booking my hotel on thursday so if there is anyone i can tag along with at the con i will try and get the same hotel :(

I was alone at the last one, and really nervous about it. I'm kinda shy and I didn't know what to expect as I had never been to a con before...and the first night I felt incredibly lost and overwhelmed being amongst hundreds of complete strangers!!

But....by lunch time Saturday I had met a lovely person I finished up hanging out with the entire weekend and plan to keep in touch with and meet up at the next con. And then through her I met someone else, met someone else through them and we had a little 'gang' going on by the end of the party Sunday night - we were some of the last to leave - even later than the dancing crew - DJ was packing up, chairs being stacked and we were still stood around chatting!

This time I have managed to convince a friend of mine to come with me, not that I have met her before, just been emailing for a couple of years. And then I have the con friends I shall hang out with too.

What I wanted to say by this ramble is, don't worry about being alone - there are many many lovely people and you'll get chatting to many people. But, if you're really lost (esp the first night when you've not had chance to meet many people yet) you're more than welcome to hang out with us - I know I didn't enjoy Friday night as much as I did the rest of the weekend!

I'm not going alone, but you're welcome to hang with us too. I'm only going with my sister and I know when we went to the last one at first we were worried we'd be stuck with just each other the whole weekend (we fall out big time if we're stuck together too long!) but we met some people Friday night and then some other people Saturday and it was fine!

I was alone at the last one, and really nervous about it. I'm kinda shy and I didn't know what to expect as I had never been to a con before...and the first night I felt incredibly lost and overwhelmed being amongst hundreds of complete strangers!!

But....by lunch time Saturday I had met a lovely person I finished up hanging out with the entire weekend and plan to keep in touch with and meet up at the next con. And then through her I met someone else, met someone else through them and we had a little 'gang' going on by the end of the party Sunday night - we were some of the last to leave - even later than the dancing crew - DJ was packing up, chairs being stacked and we were still stood around chatting!

This time I have managed to convince a friend of mine to come with me, not that I have met her before, just been emailing for a couple of years. And then I have the con friends I shall hang out with too.

What I wanted to say by this ramble is, don't worry about being alone - there are many many lovely people and you'll get chatting to many people. But, if you're really lost (esp the first night when you've not had chance to meet many people yet) you're more than welcome to hang out with us - I know I didn't enjoy Friday night as much as I did the rest of the weekend!

Aah. Am I included in that lot? :D

I went on my own too. Made what I hope will be some good long term friends - there are some nice people go. Not all are freaks and weirdos like my workmates tried to make me believe!!!

Marystat. I'm sure I vaguely know you from backstage. Ostriches, right? ^_^

Oooo im a loner too at the moment

need to make some friends before :)

Im Sophie from Milton Keynes never been to any cons before so this is my first but am sooo excited about it all my friends think im crazy though lol but its so worth it for twilight :)

add me on sophiewatson@msn.com

I'm going alone, went with my friend first time but she's not allowed to go to this one.

I'm only 15 though, so you probably won't want to hang around with me. :D

Me too - smae age! wanna organise to meet up??? - I'm scared of being alone!!!

I'm going alone, went with my friend first time but she's not allowed to go to this one.

I'm only 15 though, so you probably won't want to hang around with me. ;)

I'm not going alone, but the two people I'm going with along with me are also 15, although one will be 16 by the time of the con. You're more than welcome to meet up with us, but knowing us we'll probably end up scaring you off :D With it being all three of ours first con, we're bound to be excited, I feel so sorry for my parents who are taking us up there :P

I'm not going alone, but the two people I'm going with along with me are also 15, although one will be 16 by the time of the con. You're more than welcome to meet up with us, but knowing us we'll probably end up scaring you off :D With it being all three of ours first con, we're bound to be excited, I feel so sorry for my parents who are taking us up there :P

That would be awesome! - don't worry, my firends and I are all scary too! lol, I will be sixteen in october also! Do you have twitter???

I'm only 15 though, so you probably won't want to hang around with me. :P

Come join us on the 'younger attendees' thread :D

We're all....nice people. Aha.

We arranged a meet up for ET1. Didn't really work out, a few of us met up but we're hoping to organise it better for ET2 :)

xxx

I'm not going alone, but the two people I'm going with along with me are also 15, although one will be 16 by the time of the con. You're more than welcome to meet up with us, but knowing us we'll probably end up scaring you off :WINCE: With it being all three of ours first con, we're bound to be excited, I feel so sorry for my parents who are taking us up there :D

That would be awesome! - don't worry, my firends and I are all scary too! lol, I will be sixteen in october also! Do you have twitter???

I was just in the progress of making one actually :P But I do prefer facebook :)

I'm not going alone, but the two people I'm going with along with me are also 15, although one will be 16 by the time of the con. You're more than welcome to meet up with us, but knowing us we'll probably end up scaring you off :WINCE: With it being all three of ours first con, we're bound to be excited, I feel so sorry for my parents who are taking us up there :D

I was just in the progress of making one actually :P But I do prefer facebook :)

Lol - I don't have facebook - I am glad other people are going alone though! i was really scared!My titter is Jess_bear

Aah. Am I included in that lot? :(

I went on my own too. Made what I hope will be some good long term friends - there are some nice people go. Not all are freaks and weirdos like my workmates tried to make me believe!!!

Marystat. I'm sure I vaguely know you from backstage. Ostriches, right? :lol:

LMAO yes I am the one with the huge toothy Ostrich LOL!!!!!

Aah. Am I included in that lot? :D

Marystat. I'm sure I vaguely know you from backstage. Ostriches, right? :D

But of course you are included in that lot - you're mentioned loads in my blog on myspace too :P

I'm hoping we'll all be good long term friends too! Just emailed you btw - sorry, I rambled!

xC

what hotel are you staying at jemma? i'm at the ibis with 3 others if you need 'walking buddies' or someone to do your hair, or whatever! :)

I have not booked my hotel yet i get paid on thursday but was planning on booking the ibis anyways ^_^

I would love to have some walking buddies lol what ticket are you ??? I am silver

I'm meeting up with, and hopefully "Going round with", some people I met at ET.

But I'd love to meet new faces! :D

I was at ET but never had a chance to get to talk to many people so i would love to meet everyone this time round.

i was going alone, but finally managed to get my friend from birmingham to come too. but anyone is welcome to hang around with us seeing as neither of us have been to a convention before and have no idea what goes on etc...

we're both standard ticket holders and are staying in the ibis hotel =]

• 1 month later...

i was going alone, but finally managed to get my friend from birmingham to come too. but anyone is welcome to hang around with us seeing as neither of us have been to a convention before and have no idea what goes on etc...

we're both standard ticket holders and are staying in the ibis hotel =]

i could tag along with you lol :)

i've been to 2 heroes conventions so far so i know all about it :D