How things work!

Too Tall

Gold Pass drinks reception: For gold pass holders only. There will be 5 areas set out, one for each gold pass group of 30. Once you have gotten your drink please go to your group’s area. Each group will then have a guest brought to their area. The guest will be with your group for 10 minutes. The guest should have time to speak to everyone in your group. If you find you’re being missed, please do talk to a crew member. Your current guest will then move on to the next group, and you will get a new guest. Please stay in your group as you will then get to meet each guest as they come around to your group.

This is such a good idea!! Shame it wasn't like that for ET1 :'( Maybe one day I'll be able to afford gold again!!!

We never wanted to make it this regimented to be honest. We wanted it to feel like a party. And at all of the other events we've had the free flowing version usually worked pretty well. With the guests being lead around the room they usually got to pretty much everyone.

Unfortunately as you saw at ET1 it didn't work and so this idea was born.

I can totally understand that - its just one of those things that you couldn't anticipate!! Anyway good on you guys for making a change that will hopefully work :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seating idea is a good one... seen it used at other events and it's just very comforting knowing your seat is there no rushing and all that :)

The gold party idea is fab too, seems fairest all round :)

xx

• Showmasters Admin

The seating idea is a good one... seen it used at other events and it's just very comforting knowing your seat is there no rushing and all that :)

xx

You still need to be there at the start of the talks to enter and get your seat based on you ticket number (the seats will not the numbered). It's just this way once you choose a seat, that's it, it's yours. If you need to leave for a sort while you won't feel like someone is going to jump into your chair the second you leave.

It also stops the sneaking into the Gold session we had at ET1.

yeah, I like the gold party rule and the seating rule, it makes life much easier, and the screaming rule will, hopefully, save my ears this time.

So we're not allowed to take ANY photos after the first few minutes?

I'm fine with these new changes/additions. Sure they may seem a bit rigid for some but apparantly they are needed. Thanks for trying to make this as best you can for both attendees and the guests. I just hope ppl will respect these rules.

xx

You still need to be there at the start of the talks to enter and get your seat based on you ticket number (the seats will not the numbered). It's just this way once you choose a seat, that's it, it's yours. If you need to leave for a sort while you won't feel like someone is going to jump into your chair the second you leave.

thats a great idea I noticed that when people left to go for their guest encounters or give just to the toilet people would go to sit in their seats!

I'm not sure what to think about the wine reception though as I didnt go last time and was really looking forward to the 'party' like side to it so I guess I'll see after I'm sure it'll still be great

• Showmasters Admin

xx

thats a great idea I noticed that when people left to go for their guest encounters or give just to the toilet people would go to sit in their seats!

I'm not sure what to think about the wine reception though as I didnt go last time and was really looking forward to the 'party' like side to it so I guess I'll see after I'm sure it'll still be great

It'll still be a party :whistling: It's just that we're asking that people stay in groups of 30 so that we can make sure everyone gets to meet the guests. If you think about it, even without the guest there, you have 29 other people to get to know. That's only 2 minutes a person ;)

Seating in the main hall: There is a change to our normal system that we are trying out at ET2. There is to be no moving seats! Once you have taken your seat in the main hall, that will be your seat for the rest of the afternoon. You can come and go as you please, but do leave something on the chair to show that it is taken. Please help your fellow attendees by helping us police this. If someone gets up and someone new comes and sits next to you, please do explain that the seat is taken, and that moving seats is not allowed.

I'm pleased that we have a new system for this. At ET1 there was one time when a group of standards moved from the row behind me into the gold section... The seats behind me were filled by others and when a staff member was notified, the standards in the gold section were asked to move but they had to sit at the back of the hall and I couldn't help grinning. Might sound nasty but it served them right for breaking the rules.

I love the gold pass idea :dance:

Me too.

I have a question. If you want an extra autograph do you get a picture of tht person to autograph or do you need to bring your own pictures? :S

The show does not provide pictures for extra autographs. You will need to neither bring one with you or buy one from the dealers room.

okay thanks :)

i'm guessing the photos and autos will be £10 again will they? :o

That's not been confirmed to me I'm afraid. Some maybe £15.

I love the gold pass idea :lol:

It's an idea I had after ET1 to try and stop the flock of girls chasing the hot guests around the room and stopping other attendees from talking to them.

Yes I remember that well - we didnt speak to Christian at all :unsure: it's a great idea and hopefully work :D

It's ashame really because the proms had that free flow feeling.

Even then they're were people over stepping boundaries I remember Stuart had to stop some girl from rubbing Daniel's stomach lol :(

:blink:

I'm G11 gonna have to make sure I'm right there to claim my seat! lol

You go girl :unsure:

• Moderators

All the main start/finish times do generally stay the same from one con to the next year. Obviously the number of guests can change the talk/autograph stuff during the day, but things like opening, closing, parties etc generally stick to the same timings.

All the main start/finish times do generally stay the same from one con to the next year. Obviously the number of guests can change the talk/autograph stuff during the day, but things like opening, closing, parties etc generally stick to the same timings.

I was wondering what time the Reg desk is staying open till on the Friday as my train gets in for 8.30 and I notice from old one said till 9pm so I'll be cutting it fine by time I get to the hotel if it stays the same I really don't want to be waiting in the queue on the saturday morning I think it will be a bit scary.