THE VOLTURI MASQUERADE BALL!

Jemma

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the Volturi Crest Necklace I've pretty much finished my "Jane" costume... also not sure when I might wear it, maybe masquerade :D

Ended up making the cape since all the ones to buy either seemed a bit thin or were too expensive anyway, what do you think?

Jane.jpg

And yes I was sad enough to place the photo on a similar background :P

Awww you look awesome!

I wanna Cosplay as Jane now lol!....but I do not have contacts...damn lol

Apart from the Volturi Crest Necklace I've pretty much finished my "Jane" costume... also not sure when I might wear it, maybe masquerade :P

Ended up making the cape since all the ones to buy either seemed a bit thin or were too expensive anyway, what do you think?

Jane.jpg

And yes I was sad enough to place the photo on a similar background :P

WOW - That looks awesome :D

Awwww Katie I love your mask!

You know I love it Katie (:

There's gonna be glitter all over you at the end of the night!

thankyouuuu :)

it took me ageeeeeees to make B)

oh and i actuatly went into college today with glitter all over me cos i only made my mask yday :D

now i look like a vampire :smile:

wow katie that mask is gorgeous!

Does anyone know where is the best place to get a cheap cloak? I really wanted a fully lined red one but they are like £50+ on ebay and I have already spent all my money on the baseball and 1920's costumes lol. I really should have thought of this first since it is the main night!

Hi X Believe it or no I got a vampire cape for a quid from Wilkinson! I'm gonna decorate it with a big gold "V" on the back to look like the Voltori, you can get lots of cheap black capes in pound shops for example, wh smith etc, practically all those type of places at mo due to the convienient Halloween situation at present! and decorate them yourself. ALso, there's a great shop on Tabernacle street in central London called "Madworld" fancy dress shop, just Google em. Their the premier place in London to get traditional Venetian masks and they start at round £20. I've always wanted a real Venetian mask as I've got a bit of a thing about Venetian Masquerades!! LOL! So my thinking is...the money I'm saving on my cloak can pay for my mask, which I get to keep forever! Check out their site it's great! X

Edited by Jacob 4eva!

Does anyone know where is the best place to get a cheap cloak? I really wanted a fully lined red one but they are like £50+ on ebay and I have already spent all my money on the baseball and 1920's costumes lol. I really should have thought of this first since it is the main night!

ASDAAAAAAAAAAA

they have red one's too lol I'd take a photo of mine but dunno how to go around doing it

Unless you buy two cheap ones, one black one red and sew them together?

I think I am having a change of plan for my dress. :firedevil:

Just doesnt look right with the cloak, nice dress, but too floral to be volturi. so might keep it for another time. It was already in the wardrobe, so not as if I have had to do anything to it.

Have got a deep red velvet fitted long sleeve top with a v neck and found a long flowing black skirt,

Just deciding whether to put a black corset, or wide belt with it now.

Also, whether to remove the sleeves of the top.

Think it will look more appropriate with the cloak and red eyes :firedevil:

A bit more Van Helsing :firedevil:

Edited by Rhianydd

Have got a deep red velvet fitted long sleeve top with a v neck and found a long flowing black skirt,

Sounds nice. I think sleeveless would be more eveningy (like that's a word) if that makes sense. And a corset or cinch belt would give it more of a gothic look, which would be perfect.

Edited by timpe

I think I am having a change of plan for my dress. :whistling:

Just doesnt look right with the cloak, nice dress, but too floral to be volturi. so might keep it for another time. It was already in the wardrobe, so not as if I have had to do anything to it.

Think it will look more appropriate with the cloak and red eyes :whistling:

A bit more Van Helsing :YAHOO:

Oooh are the sleeves like bell sleeves? I love those kinda sleeves! Be careful I may want to steal your top lol! I think you should def wear a black corset/cincher with it! Would look awesome! I still haven't got a cloak! Oh dear!

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I will head to asda tonight, get some halloween stuff too hehe.

haha its Becky (foreverbella) ive just realised im signed ion on my friends account haha.

Edited by bex4cedric

Hmm my dress isn't really masquarad-y :\ & don't worry; I'm small-ish so the dress doesn't look TOO short on me :whistling:

dresshw.th.jpg

^ Not too sure if that link will work but ya' know :) I just need to find a mask now :\ Any one know any cheap places that do masks that will go with that dress?

Heh a sparkly Katie :) Nice name btw :whistling:!

Love your mask it's fab x

thanks peeps ;)

the glitters starting to come off though :S

I think I am having a change of plan for my dress. :whistling:

Think it will look more appropriate with the cloak and red eyes ;)

A bit more Van Helsing :P

Oooh are the sleeves like bell sleeves? I love those kinda sleeves! Be careful I may want to steal your top lol! I think you should def wear a black corset/cincher with it! Would look awesome! I still haven't got a cloak! Oh dear!

No, skinny arms, thats why I was wondering whether to cut them off

I got mine on ebay but it took a week ;)

Ha ha well then I think you should add some lace to them and make them into bell sleeves lol (or flowy sleeves as I'd normally say lol)!

Awww yaaaaay my mask came today! Think I may need to buy black gloves to go with it coz it's black where as my dress is a burgundy purply colour!

Ha ha well then I think you should add some lace to them and make them into bell sleeves lol (or flowy sleeves as I'd normally say lol)!

Awww yaaaaay my mask came today! Think I may need to buy black gloves to go with it coz it's black where as my dress is a burgundy purply colour!

I never thought of that,

but I do have black gloves that go above my elbows, so was thinking of wearing those anyway.

Looked at Kate beckinsale in Van helsing, and she wears that red dress with a corset like top to it and a big skirt, and she has long gloves.

Yay! I cant remember what mask you were going for in the end?