showmasters

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's ready for ET2 :D

sal_ear_defenders_gallery_0_400x250.jpg

Awww, he's a cutie. Can we have him as a guest :YAHOO:

The screaming was just silly. It's fine at a premiere when you're outside and you have 30 seconds to get the star's attention before they run into the cinema, but not at an event where people are just sitting down and talking - it just came across like we didn't care about the guests comfort. The thing that irked me the most was when the video that Summit sent was on - it's not like a video can stop and wait for the audience to settle down like a real person, so loads of what was said was being missed.

Cheering I really like, and even some of the stuff that was being shouted out was funny, but the constant screaming is just painful.

He's ready for ET2 ;)

sal_ear_defenders_gallery_0_400x250.jpg

Ha ha! Brilliant TT - I like that.

The conventions are the only events where I leave my hearing aids at home!! Infact, life has been pretty bad since ET as I left them here and have completely lost them now so am upsetting the guy in the flat downstairs cos my tv is up far too loud etc.

Just will apologise to anyone at ET2 in advance if I have to ask them several times to repeat themselves lol.

What a nice doggy :)

I have to be honest and say I never heard anyone screaming! But perhaps the sound didnt travel that far back..

We should have twilight themed ear plugs in our registration packs :)

I thought the same didn't think it was as bad as everyone is/was making out ;)

Where I was sitting it seemed really bad, but then again in the first talk I had a banging headache anyway so that probably made it sound worse to me. Or the people sitting around me were the ones doing all the screaming!

• Showmasters Admin

At the opening ceremony it WAS BAD.

I was helping walk the guests down to the stage and the screaming as we walked down there was soooo bad my ears were literally ringing when I left the hall to go and get the next guest. Maybe it didn't help that I was in the path of the screaming as I was next to the guests coming in but trust me it was bad. We've never had ANYTHING like it at any of our other events.

Even the screaming girls at C4 for Elijah Wood were not that loud.

The only time I've hear louder was in Cardiff at a Take That concert. And that was about 10,000 people not 800.

On the final talk on Sunday I had a load of girls 13/14 years old who wouldn't shut up.

And, they happened to be in the toilet when the MC said that one of the guests had asked people to not scream so they continued anyway,

it was literally like

"My dog is a labrador" *SCREAMS*

"My jeans are blue" *SCREAMS*

I came out of that talk with a throbbing headache and ringing ears. >.<

At concerts I can understand screaming and so on cos well...you kinda expect that. But at these cons, what on earth do they think this will acheive really? To continue to scream like crazy will get them attention or something? I don't get it. Like a cheer and applause when the guests comes that's fun and all but CONSTANTLY? that's crazy

I'll bring my earplugs lol. Goodness forbid if Rob or Kristin were to be guests here..it'd be MADNESS then with the screams...or if Taylor comes. So yep earplugs it is then. LOL

I agree with all being mentioned and then also, what are people screaming at?

Some didn't just scream when the actor said something funny or walked in, also when the light was turned on and off at the opening ceremony before something even happened.. People screamed :jason:

• Moderators

Sorry but I've had to remove some posts from here, as we don't allow discussion of other 'events' on this forum :poki:

I'm sure it can be carried on using FB or something, thanks :poki:

I have to just comment on the screaming thing at ET. I realise that from the stage it may have sounded louder, but after watching the extras on the DVD last night and the reaction of the crowds in the US, I'm sure the 800 people at ET sounded like a whisper compared to the 6000 who were screaming on that day lol ...can you imagine that noise?

(insert earplug smilie here) :(

Edited by JaneDoe

But I thought once you brought them you couldn't like return them, or do you just not get a refund =/

As a general rule if you can't go then there are no refunds, or transfers etc. That is what is stipulated in the T&C's at the time of purchase.

However, if an event sells out, if you can't make it for whatever reason, (this is where the waiting list then comes into play). You email me saying you can't go and wish to return your ticket or to put it onto the waiting list.

We then TRY to re-sell it for you. If someone on the waiting list is willing to purchase your ticket, then we will refund you and sell it on to another person.

However there are NO GUARANTEES that we will successfully be able to do this and you CAN'T re-sell your ticket privately whatsoever.

Hi Jola, i'm new on here and i unfortunately didn't get a ticket but my friend did and someone told me about this waiting list thing and i just wanted to ask if one does come around will it be posted in the forum here to add your name on it or do i have to email you sooner with my details etc... if you could give me a heads up i'd very much appreciate it. Thanks again

Nikki :) xx