Heroes Season 3 - Episode 15 Discussion

DavidB

Daphnie! noooooooeeeeeessssssssssss..........................x10000

matt better get his revenge...

what can i say peter didn't rightly suck in this episode whitch is a vast improvement upon past examples of emohaired pete...

i have never been so happy that sylar is evil as i have been sat watching that he's truly one twisted little man and that is why he kicks several sorts of bottom..

i have shouted at the tv and everything whilest watching that episode, as i did throughout season 1 nice to see things back on form...

but pore daphnie! :P bad bad bad bad writers go to your room

Well that was quite good! Had a rather different feel to it, felt kinda like a different show... The suspense that I feel was lost recently has come back- it is pulling you in more, making you think "wow, what is going to happen next?"

Very disappointed - I wasn't too impressed. Why (seemingly) kill off Daphne? She was by far the most interesting character in Vol. 3!

I'm getting bored of too many of the characters, why don't they do a Brookside-style cull by killing off most of the cast? Most of them are becoming boring and as a result, the storylines are. At least it'll give them a clean slate to start again and re-capture that series 1 spirit and hopefully that'll attract the millions of viewers, it has been losing, back.

Edited by cyberdrunk

• Moderators

The problem is I don't think they can regain the feeling of season 1. After all, that was all about discovery, as the viewers went along on that curious journey. No show can really ever have THAT after a first season.

If they killed off most of the cast, and went back to a S1 type deal, then it'd practically be Heroes in name alone.

Very disappointed - I wasn't too impressed. Why (seemingly) kill off Daphne? She was by far the most interesting character in Vol. 3!

I'm getting bored of too many of the characters, why don't they do a Brookside-style cull by killing off most of the cast? Most of them are becoming boring and as a result, the storylines are. At least it'll give them a clean slate to start again and re-capture that series 1 spirit and hopefully that'll attract the millions of viewers, it has been losing, back.

Did you watch the same Heroes as I did?

Good point David, it's just so frustrating when they kill off characters such as Daphne and persist with the same characters and their stories, as in S1.

I've started to really enjoy Lost again, as they've whittled down the cast quite dramatically and got rid of those who's stories had come to an end and others who, quite frankly, didn't need to be there! Recently they have introduced some great new characters. Maybe it'll work for Heroes too!

Its no criticism of the acting btw, which is normally top notch - just the writing! I believe some of the writers left after Volume 3, is that true?

Did you watch the same Heroes as I did?

Yes, which is why i've posted my view on it. :wub:

Edited by cyberdrunk

Okay I loved it. For obviousl reasons it reminded me of Prison break (when it was still good). It had that tension. My love for twisted Sylar is beyond words. I'm guessing that new boy is his brother, yeah?

Claire really annoyed me in parts of this -especially when she was caught and was all "Dad what are you doing". Honestly she could have actually pretended like her life was in danger. :D

Loved Peter's motivational speech at the end. Obviously not quite up to Gladiator or ROTK standards but still pretty darn good.

It really bugs me that we don't know what The Plan actually is. Are they just going to drug and contain all the heroes?

Nathan needs a good smacking.

Daphne :D

the Heroes Boy's Club is good and I also think it's great to have them all working together.

The age old question still exists - just which side are HRG and Mrs. P on?????? :YAHOO:

My love for twisted Sylar is beyond words. I'm guessing that new boy is his brother, yeah?

Whoever he is I'm sure he'll eventually get bored of him or want to try out his power :P

I did love Sylar's scenes in this episode (though I do in every episode lol), some of the looks he can give are great and I thought the woman's reactions to things he said were good too :P

Well we know for sure now that Peter can only have one power, but does he need to touch to get it? What if there's more than one power near him that he could take? :D

Hiro seems to think he'll get his powers back, would be good if he did but I'm not sure how that's going to happen.

• Moderators

I think stripping Hiro of his power, and having Peter only have 1 at a time both add to the heightened danger of the situations. I mean Sylar's not involved yet, so his megapowers aren't involved. It's just Claire that can't (mostly) be killed.

I'm not sure how I feel about Hiro and his power. He is really really annoying without it but having a time traveller made it a bit easy as we saw earlier because he could always just go back and change it. Then again if he gets them back he can then save Daphne......ooooooo it's a hard one!!!!!

I think time travellers (Hiro and Peter) have probably messed up the time line more than they've actually fixed things :P

I have to admit the latest two episodes have really impressed me. I was ready to give up with Heroes as I feel Season 2 and most of the first half of Season 3 were a little s***, but I'm liking Volume Four so far. I'm not sure why though as not a whole lot has changed, but it just seems to have something that Season 2 and the first half of 3 didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully Daphne will stay dead, for a level of authenticity if nothing else. Overall I've enjoyed the last two episodes more than the whole of the last volume, which didn't really have a single redeeming feature, so there's hope :)

Acting wise I had to laugh at Nathan's "Damnit!" which was terrible, Hiro is becoming a bit of a self-parody.