Heroes Season 3 - Episode 14 - Fugitives Premiere

DavidB

• Moderators

There's not much buzz surrounding it at the moment, which could be a good thing if it delivers way above expectations.

I think the new volume is a great chance for them to reboot and shape the show into something far simpler and effective. Whether they will or not, I don't know. Maybe it's beyond being as popular as S1 .. I think it's fairly tough to regain that many fans for any show.

I am really looking forward so it and I like the fact that there hoping for it to return to what Heroes was all about in the beginning. I do hope it does regain some of its popularity that it had in the beginning as the greater number of viewers the greater the chances that it wont get cancelled soon.

Edited by Tanith

• Moderators

That was really good. For me, it had the main aspect that it's been missing for a while - genuine danger and threat.

It had some really creepy moments, and some interesting switch-ups in terms of motivations and who you were supporting compared to previous volumes.

Sylar's an interesting one - I know a lot of people prefer him 'evil' but it was awesome to have him be the first (only?) to resist capture. And thank God they made Claire a little more interesting .. Ando should be doing more now, and I mean even Nathan's got a character you can get into now thankfully. Looks like Ali Larter might actually have something positive to do for a change too.

My only issue would probably be Parkman and the art retread, but hopefully it won't be relied on too much.

• Moderators

I don't suck .. another mod would've just moved it here anyway, as I've been doing episode discussion topics for a good few seasons now ^_^

There's not much else going on in this section, so it's nice to have some activity here :D you've got your little worrying topics in E3 to keep that going lol

It was on last night in the US .. so only way to watch it is online streaming or downloading :D

BBC should have it at the end of the month.

ooh that will be why then lol:) im so stupid sometimes XD

thanks David :P

Wow, that was good, peter is taking powers by touch now though? Or was that because they were being given something to stop powers so his powers were weak and that's the only way he could do it? Loved the Sylar scene, loved HRG when he came to the rescue, only to then hate him seconds later as he's a bad guy (my disliking for Mohinder seems to have gone but he's not done anything annoying in this volume yet and I've had time to forget his annoyingness lol). Interesting with HRG though, he's gone from bad guy, to good guy to bad guy again.

ok two points

1. since when did emo pete have to touch someone to get there power?

2.don't try and do a cliff hanger on someone getting sucked out of a plane that can FLY! not epic at all. fail writers fail!

:blush: yay sylar charecter building , and exisise for all the family.... love the fact that his dad's a taxidermist ( i know i cant spell lol ) that explains all the wrapping things in plastic at the apartment in season one lol ...

Yay mr turtle! he can travel through space and time! hes special!

1. since when did emo pete have to touch someone to get there power?

I thought that, but when typing about it on here a minute ago I just came up with a theory lol.

2.don't try and do a cliff hanger on someone getting sucked out of a plane that can FLY! not epic at all. fail writers fail!

Lol I was thinking that, and he might be able to heal too, but I don't think it's so bad, the episode was great on the whole.

I would assume Peter can only have one power at a time now, and so he didn't have the power to fly after going to enhanced strength and then freezing ..

Hmm why would that be the case though? He got a slightly different power when he took the formula? I'd have thought it'd be the same one, seems odd it would be different.

Also, the whole touching to absorb a power thing... he didn't touch Nathan to take his ability did he? Didn't he fly towards him and then fly him out? (Just wondering to see if he can/should still be able to absorb the way he used to.

Edited by Christoff

• Moderators

I've not really thought through the 'why' of it all, just that it's the only situation that makes any logical sense as to his actions at the end of the episode. Probably just one of those things we're meant to accept, explanation or not lol

I've not watched the last episodes since they aired so I really don't have a recollection of how that worked.

Hmm I just re-watched the scene where he saves him in the finale, he kind of leapt towards him, he didn't start flying until after he touched him.

Just re-watched the last scene of the latest episode, seems he touches her and the wall/door thing by accident (which I assumed anyway but thought by the way you worded your comment about "his actions" that you meant he did it on purpose?), and after touching her he also does worse fighting so it could well be that he gets his power swapped when he touches someone else.

I don't suck .. another mod would've just moved it here anyway, as I've been doing episode discussion topics for a good few seasons now :(

There's not much else going on in this section, so it's nice to have some activity here :P you've got your little worrying topics in E3 to keep that going lol

pfttt im not the onli one worrying, it kinda does suck that there no guest with onli 3 months to go, boo!

I'm only in the middle of watching it... but I have to say this... WHO have they got doing the camera work?? Some of the scenes are so shaky I feel ill! Esp now, about half way through when Peter is talking to the ambulance guy and then Claire phones him- it isn't even a dramatic scene to need shaky-ness....