Heroes Season 3 - Episode 14 - Fugitives Premiere

DavidB

Never noticed the "shaky-ness" but just re-watched that part and it is a bit shaky. I never seem to notice these things that get on peoples nerves, I never noticed what was wrong with Claire's hair in the last volume either and everyone was complaining about that ;)

Edited by Christoff

Well if Peter really can still have more than one ability at a time but has had to start collecting them all over again he now should have Super Strength, Freezing and Flight so why doesn't he just fly back up to the aeroplane and catch it (Superman Returns style) and then bring it safely in to land?! Or if he's feeling really lucky he could just freeze a bit of the ocean that they appear to be about to crash into and make an icy runway! - Maybe I've thought about this too much....

Well if Peter really can still have more than one ability at a time but has had to start collecting them all over again he now should have Super Strength, Freezing and Flight so why doesn't he just fly back up to the aeroplane and catch it (Superman Returns style) and then bring it safely in to land?!

Lol I thought the exact same thing until DavidB mentioned he seems to only be able to hold onto a single power now.

Though Mohinder touches him at the end so you'd imagine he'll be able to do something now to save himself I guess.

What, hold onto the air really tightly with his super strength after he's fallen out of the plane? :D They would both have super strength at that point and they don't seem to be doing a very good job at holding on to each another.

Well, Mohinder's power isn't 'super strength' straight up is it? It's .. weird lol

So maybe Peter will start jumping around, or stick to something. I dunno :D

Oh oh oh...

Maybe he makes one of those weird webs that Mohinder was wrapping people up in, and he makes it around the hole in the plane and then it doesn't crash and he saves everyone...

Or he shoots a web like Spiderman or something and hangs on to the plane (which is crashing so that's no good :no:)

Or uses sticky web hands to hold on to something maybe... oh you said that already lol.

Edited by Christoff

Well if Peter really can only have one ability at a time then it would certainly make Sylar the most dangerous character by far now. In the past you always knew that whatever power Sylar was capable of Peter had an equally varied arsenal himself so when the two faced off it was always a (reasonably) equal fight but now he'll be as screwed as everyone else when coming face to face with him.

Unless, are Sylar's stored powers classed as one ability? in other words if Peter were to touch him would he absorb just one of his powers (i.e. telekenisis) or would he get every ability that Sylar currently has (lightning bolts, turning stuff into gold, melting toasters & saucepans! etc.)

Or maybe Peter would simply get Sylar's original ability to be able to dissect a person's brain and see 'how it works' which would be a bit rubbish as he's hardly likely to do that now he's a Paramedic.

Unless, are Sylar's stored powers classed as one ability? in other words if Peter were to touch him would he absorb just one of his powers (i.e. telekenisis) or would he get every ability that Sylar currently has (lightning bolts, turning stuff into gold, melting toasters & saucepans! etc.)

He's got to get close enough to actually touch him first :chair: Unless he can still absorb a power without touch.

OK I really loved this ep but................. (yes there are a few)

- It's kind of exactly the same story as season 1 = bad person rounding up special people. It is just the main instigators who changed or not in the case of HRG. This isn't a bad thing because I think as David says it makes the danger real.

- Why was Claire able to be zapped. Surely the same healing thing that worked for Sylar would work for her.

- Why why why do they always mess up with planes. It looked at the end that they were about 3 foot from the ground. Well the plane would have pressurized again way before that so the sucking action would have stopped.

Other than those and a couple more that I've forgotten it was WOW. Sylar rocked. Peter had backbone again. HRG is back to his old bad ass self. Think Ali is just kept in it so they can do naked shots of her but who knows....she might develop. Where's Molly? Turtle was his usual funky self but agree that the drawing thing has been done to death at least twice so leave it already!

Seriously though - good start!!!! :chair:

Just watched it again ;)

Hasn't Peter learnt that it's not a good idea to hug another Petrelli?

- Why was Claire able to be zapped. Surely the same healing thing that worked for Sylar would work for her.

I don't believe she was zapped on screen, and off screen they wouldn't need to anyway, she surrendered, they just took her with them.

Think Ali is just kept in it so they can do naked shots of her but who knows....she might develop.

:D

I believe Peter maybe the same as Arthur now he has to touch people to get abilities however it is unseen if he can have many and if he steals the ability or just copies it. Sylar was the high point of the episode, we will likely have an episode like four months ago in season 2 which will explain all the little questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting episode last night, at least I got something out of it.

I do agree with the poster on the previous page who says that they're are simply retreading the premise of the first season with different characters.

Hopefully some characters will get killed off and stay dead in this season, and the writers will hopefully be able to come up with an ability that doesn't include flying, drawing/painting the future, time travel or super-strength.

Will be interesting to see what the other episodes are like but at least I didn't feel like I was offended by the lack of intelligence in the writing.

I thought Claire looked terrible with way too much make-up on, what are they trying to do with her? She is still just a very young adult and I think the show is trying to treat her like some kind of sex symbol, either that or a p*rn star.

Edited by Chris Quartly

I thought Claire looked terrible with way too much make-up on, what are they trying to do with her? She is still just a very young adult and I think the show is trying to treat her like some kind of sex symbol, either that or a p*rn star.

But Hayden is an adult now, so we don't know if her wearing more make-up on screen is totally down to the make-up department, she may have requested it herself. She's not gonna want to play child roles for ever and her being made to look more of an adult will get her considered for older roles.

And it's not unrealistic for young girls at this age to be overly made up, I see plenty of girls who overdo it on the eye-shadow and mascara.

True enough but I really don't think it suited her, I don't think she should be playing child roles and didn't suggest that, I just thought she looked pretty terrible with all the makeup on.

I do agree with you that it didn't suit her, there's wearing make-up and then there's the making wearing you. :lol: