Favourite Con Songs and Dances

surfy_sah

hey everyone! just thought I'd start this topic about con dancing to get excited about dancing and partying at the con! :(

good times ahead, looking forward to con dancing!

for those convention newbies amoungst us, bless you, awww! :smile: con dancing is songs that have specific dances to them, eg. YMCA, Time Warp, Steps' Tradgety, Star Trekkin', Macereana, Saturday Night, Joe 90, Dr Who, Cotton Eye Joe and many more!

may sound a little geeky :lol: but there are some normal songs in there as you can see!

don't worry about getting the moves wrong, it's all good fun! :P

so what is everyone's favourite con song?

mine is Star Trekkin' cause it's so much fun :( (you'll see it 3weeks!!!)

surfy sah xx

I remember they played Men In Black last year and that went down a treat. It was fun trying to learn the dance. It'd be great if they played that again. And of course seconding Star Trekkin', Dr Who, Time Warp, etc. - all great songs! :D

oh yeah Men in Black awesome!!! :eek:

oh and the I Would Walk 1000 Miles one, which was reminded of when MoJoe mentioned doing the wrong dance, cause you get people who just walk on a mission accross the dance floor and then you get people like me who have no clue and get it wrong and just when finally get it right, the song is done!!! hahaha! ^_^

surfy sah xx

oh yeah Men in Black awesome!!! :lol:

oh and the I Would Walk 1000 Miles one, which was reminded of when MoJoe mentioned doing the wrong dance, cause you get people who just walk on a mission accross the dance floor and then you get people like me who have no clue and get it wrong and just when finally get it right, the song is done!!! hahaha! :lol:

surfy sah xx

That's exactly what I was like lol I was so chuffed with myself when I finally picked up the Men In Black dance and then the bloody song ended! :D

lets hope you have a dj that has them and is willing to play them

*Fingers crossed*

I'll be copying you for Men in Black then as I'm sure that's one I can't do on my own :P

apart from last weekend, it's been a year since I went to a con so I'm a little out of practice! :D

surfy sah xx

ps-your list of fave shows on your profile is impressively massive!!!!! :firedevil:

I'll be copying you for Men in Black then as I'm sure that's one I can't do on my own :lol:

apart from last weekend, it's been a year since I went to a con so I'm a little out of practice! :D

surfy sah xx

ps-your list of fave shows on your profile is impressively massive!!!!! :dance:

Uh oh, now I actually have to do a half decent job of remembering it! :huh:

Aww, I'm sure you'll pick it up again quickly! :D

Hee, thanks, I think the worrying part is that it's probably missing a few shows - haven't updated it since I joined the forums. TV addict extraordinare :eek: lol

I love dancing to them all, but like Dr Who, Baby Give it Up, Swamp Thing, Star Trekkin, 500 Miles, Cotton Eye Joe best. So as soon as they come on I'm THERE! :dance: So Play that Funky Music DJ or I won't be happy. ;)

con dancing is songs that have specific dances to them, eg. YMCA, Time Warp, Steps' Tradgety, Star Trekkin', Macereana, Saturday Night, Joe 90, Dr Who, Cotton Eye Joe and many more!

They all have specific dances? I might have to watch out for them (won't be joining in though lol). Dr Who has a dance?:headscratch: Star Trekkin' and Joe 90 too?

They all have specific dances? I might have to watch out for them (won't be joining in though lol). Dr Who has a dance? Star Trekkin' and Joe 90 too?

Yes i was like that too i never really dance but once i have a wee drink i tend to :( I had now idea half the songs had a dance to them. Or if i did know they were diffrent.

Edited by mojoe

indeed they do :lol: I will admit that at my first SG convention in November 2005 (wowsie!!!!) I thought it was all a bit geeeeky!!! :lol: and was avoiding these "line dances" like a plague ;) but it's soo much fun and I love watching people literally come running in from the bar and from the seats to the dance floor when one of THE con songs is played!

Steps 5,6,7,8 and Tradgety are well cheesey but it's all good fun and excersise hahahaha :clap:

2weeks 2days to go...! :lol:

surfy sah xx

They've been playing Baby Give it Up on my local radio station all week. It's been so damm hard not to jump off my fork truck to start "con dancing" in the middle of the warehouse. :(

Look on Youtube for con dances, but most of them are a bit to dark to see much. But you'll pick most of them up by the end of the weekend. Then have to remember them all again at the next con. :(

I must admit I don't quiet do the movements that everyone else does for Time Warp or YMCA. But I don't mind as long as I am enjoying it.

Unfortunately I cant do too much dancing as my knees don't bend that right way anymore but I love looking tho

Edited by flubber

ooow yeah think it's that one I heard on the radio, it goes like step step step step turn or something? :D

rock on the con dancing, 6days to go! :WAVE:

surfy sah xx

It's the one that I aways forget I got it in my head now, so I hope I'll remember it. It's something like Step right, left, right, left, forward, back right then middle but turn your body to the left at the same time as your last step. Does that make sense??

@ Flubber, that's a shame! I screwed up my knee at the last con I was at in January and I couldn't dance either :D I was soo gutted not to be Star Trekkin'! but I just did all the bits except the running in and out cause I know a few people who have been injured doing that! B) the dances I don't know the routines, for I either try and copy some one else or I just do my own thing ;)

@ Wabit, yeah makes perfect sense :P 5 days to go :angry:

surfy sah xx