Auction items at Eternal Twilight

showmasters

• Moderators

Well I would imagine they'll only have a certain amount of stock, depending on what they're selling. A lot of dealers have to travel to the event like attendees, and would just have what they bring.

Can't really say how fast things will sell, as I don't know what they'll have, nor whether people will buy lots in there or save for the auction etc. Just have to wait and see really.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Will the money from the auctions be going to a designated charity/charities, or will they be going to the agents of the guests to pay their fees? ;):(

Thats what I would like to know.

We've already bought our tickets, the tshirts, the twilight goodie bag. showmasters are making lots of money from the twilighters. i thought thered be more guests for the amount of money being made. im not spending more money in an auction if its going into the organisers pockets and we're not seeing guests for it.

The money should go to charity.

I'm not sure why you'd think there'd be more guests for the amount of money being made? I can only assume you have no idea how much it costs to get a guest to appear, flights, hotel fees etc. I think it's a bit harsh making them out to be some kinda money grabbers when no one has any idea of the money that goes into running a show like this :(

As far as I know, the auctions are to raise money to put back into running future events, not charity ones. If some people have an issue with that, then fair enough, don't buy anything. But I personally don't have an issue with it - after all, they're a business, and often make losses on events. They're certainly not the HUGE profit makers some would believe.

Yes, I think in one of the other Showmasters subforums Jason says he lost £150,000 on LFCC at Wembley some years ago. I don't think that these events are a licence for the organisers to print money.

The other thing to remember is that this event was announced in mid-August last year. Which means that the costings for it were probably done in early August or in July, when the exchange rate was about 2US dollars to the pound. It's now less than 1.5 dollars to the pound. Which means that any US dollar costs are now about 30% more expensive than originally budgeted. US dollar costs like the appearance fees for US actors; they will almost certainly have specified an amount in US dollars that they want paying. That amount now requires 30% or so more pounds to pay. And international airline costs are based on a dollar price. If you wanted to book a return flight from LA to London, first class, in several weeks time (i.e. not silly last minute prices but in reasonable time), then you're looking at nearly $21,000. So, given the slump in the exchange rate, that first class air ticket is about four thousand quid more expensive than last summer.

You'll note that the event prices haven't changed since being announced, despite the fact that a substantial portion of the costs will obviously have escalated considerably.

it's quite simple really, if you want the item bid on it, if you want to give your money to charity, donate to charity (it's comic relief soon) but if you want to attend future events and really want someone like rob to ever turn up, then the money needs to go to ME (thats massive events not me), they NEED the money to get the guests, no guest is free, it costs money for hotels, flights, bookings, meals etc. if you don't want ME to have the money don't bid it makes it cheaper for the rest of us.

and don't forget even if you spent all your money on the script for example, it would actually increase in value over time so it's more of an investment, and no one forces you to bid, the items are awesome and not something you would be able to get your hands on yourself normally so definately worth bidding if you can afford it, if not just enjoy watching it, it can be fun to watch, if not it's always just before the meal so you can go grab some food and have longer to get dressed for the party :)

honestly just enjoy it, if you try and get your head into the politics of it all you'll just depress yourself and stop yourself enjoy it.

Edited by thewhiteladyofrohan

I need to boycott the auction.

I actually need money for stuff like food and petrol and alcohol.

I just know I will crazy bid for everything if left unsupervised.

I need to boycott the auction.

I actually need money for stuff like food and petrol and alcohol.

I just know I will crazy bid for everything if left unsupervised.

• Showmasters Admin

Shall the dinner be last on the scherdue?

It usually is, although it has been suggested and I will suggest it myself again, that it is one of the first items to be auctioned so if people want to they can go off and get ready.

haha.. well my friend jazz was texting me during action and the meal went for

£650

the book went for £675

the script went for £520..

hmmm kellans chair £300

a slow dance with peter £300..

id love to know who bought them!!!