Dakota Fanning cast as Jane?

SugarSpunSister

I think Dakota would be perfect - she was who I pictured reading the books.

According to Melissa Rosenberg, Leah isn't in her screenplay for New Moon (hardly surprising, given that she has such a small role in that book). Access Hollywood, who originated the Vanessa story, only ever said their source confirmed Vanessa had auditioned, not which role she had gone for - they just assumed it would be Leah. She might be auditioning for Emily, if she's in the screenplay. I think she could pull that role off fine, though I would prefer them to stick to a First Nation actress possible.

Isnt Jane supposed to be older? Maybe I'm getting confused!! I imagined her as like 30-ish? if its the character I'm thinking of

I agree they should stick to unknowns....

Jane was turned at 12 or 13, so Dakota is about the right age (a little older, in fact) and Jane is suposed to look like a cherub, so Dakota's cute face with the big eyes is perfect. I think she can play just about anything, so I have no problem with her being cast, if it's true. She's worked with Summit before on Push and she and Kristen were both in Cutlass so she may have been recommended by someone on the movie.

I don't care whether they cast unknowns or not to be honest - it would be great to discover some new talent, of course, but if the performances are good enough, you can forget what other stuff they've been in. Rob and Kristen are pretty well known now, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't convince in other roles.

Edited by timpe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always pictured Jane and Alec as children, about 8 years old.

I do like Dakota Fanning, and she's clearly talented, but I would be very disappointed if they cast her.

I appreciated the fact that the people cast in Twilight weren't very well known. Kristen, Michael, and Peter had both have pretty extensive media CVs and Robert had been a moderately well known character in an insanely enormous franchise, but they still weren't like A list celebrities. The rest of the cast were basically unknown. I would hate to see a bunch of popular A-list tyes brought in for New Moon. There's enough hype surrounding the films; it doesn't need anymore.

Stuck with consistency and go with unknowns. I'll be incredibly disappointed if ANY of the roles go to well-known celebrities.

I think Dakota would be perfect - she was who I pictured reading the books.

According to Melissa Rosenberg, Leah isn't in her screenplay for New Moon (hardly surprising, given that she has such a small role in that book). Access Hollywood, who originated the Vanessa story, only ever said their source confirmed Vanessa had auditioned, not which role she had gone for - they just assumed it would be Leah. She might be auditioning for Emily, if she's in the screenplay. I think she could pull that role off fine, though I would prefer them to stick to a First Nation actress possible.

Isnt Jane supposed to be older? Maybe I'm getting confused!! I imagined her as like 30-ish? if its the character I'm thinking of

I agree they should stick to unknowns....

Jane was turned at 12 or 13, so Dakota is about the right age (a little older, in fact) and Jane is suposed to look like a cherub, so Dakota's cute face with the big eyes is perfect. I think she can play just about anything, so I have no problem with her being cast, if it's true. She's worked with Summit before on Push and she and Kristen were both in Cutlass so she may have been recommended by someone on the movie.

I don't care whether they cast unknowns or not to be honest - it would be great to discover some new talent, of course, but if the performances are good enough, you can forget what other stuff they've been in. Rob and Kristen are pretty well known now, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't convince in other roles.

Does it say in the book that she's that young?? I so missed that when reading it....I thought cuz of how powerul she is she was older! Oops! LOL

I think it's a REALLY bad idea to take actors who are already in MAJOR film franchises (i.e. HSM, Harry Potter, LOTR, Prince Caspian, etc.) and put them into this film. It's a film adaptation of a beloved book...any of these sounding just a bit too familiar? Well, excpet HSM, but you get my meaning. There's too much cross over. It's like...book adaptation incest.

I think it's a REALLY bad idea to take actors who are already in MAJOR film franchises (i.e. HSM, Harry Potter, LOTR, Prince Caspian, etc.) and put them into this film. It's a film adaptation of a beloved book...any of these sounding just a bit too familiar? Well, excpet HSM, but you get my meaning. There's too much cross over. It's like...book adaptation incest.

Erm....so Robert Pattinson was a bad idea then???? :WAVE:

I think I know what you mean. But the casting people will get who they think is right for the part in the end.

Personally I don't think Tom Felton fits in the role. I imagine Alec to be like Jane in that she has this childlike quality about her and so I imagine that for him too. I had someone in mind more like...Haley Joel Osment as he was in Sixth Sense...but older if you know what I mean. He'd be too old now though, actually he's still short and weird enough looking to pull it off :angry:

Edited by JaneDoe

I had someone in mind more like...Haley Joel Osment as he was in Sixth Sense...but older if you know what I mean. He'd be too old now though, actually he's still short and weird enough looking to pull it off :vader:

I was thinking of him and his sister, who plays the best friend in Hannah Montana.

I think Lucas Grabeel is too old and I cant picture him at all haha actually I cant imagine him doing anything that doesnt involve song and dance!

Tom Felton I'm not sure about I'm going more towards no at the moment cuz he doesnt really have that right thing about him to fit and we dont want it to be a Harry Potter reunion although like its been said in another thread Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman and Jason Issac would all fit in perfectly!

Lucas Grabeel, not for me. I don't see him fit at all.

Tom Felton would probably do an awesome job, my only fear is that I would think Harry Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter all the time. I like the Harry Potter movies even, but it can be hard to imagine him as another character. On the other hand, he might be really good for it actually. Hm.

tom felton is too old and if you see him recently he is not looking as cute as he once did! i just think if jane is going to be dakota and i really hope it is then he could NOT play her twin he is too old now and wouldn't be able to pull it off, i have nothing against him i think he's a very good actor but it wouldn't work, but thats just my opinion i could be proven wrong

tom felton is too old and if you see him recently he is not looking as cute as he once did! i just think if jane is going to be dakota and i really hope it is then he could NOT play her twin he is too old now and wouldn't be able to pull it off, i have nothing against him i think he's a very good actor but it wouldn't work, but thats just my opinion i could be proven wrong

I know what you mean - his face is a lot sharper as he's got older. Alec needs to be more cherubic.