Twilight Merchandise

JaneDoe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a load of harry potter stuff a few years back from hot topic and got slapped with £ 50 worth of customs...was not impressed as the month before i bought a load of hoddys and things and didn't get charged a thing...

i tend to buy stuff from indipendent stores if im buying from the states that way they often mark it as a gift and you get no custom at all.

i wouldnt buy anything from fp ( its another shop i had the misfortune of working for ) its a joke

I managed to get a hold of FP at last this morning. They were very apologetic saying that they only recieved some of the Twilight lines and everything I have ordered is delayed and they don't know why! Yeah whatevs!

I managed to get a hold of FP at last this morning. They were very apologetic saying that they only recieved some of the Twilight lines and everything I have ordered is delayed and they don't know why! Yeah whatevs!

I dealt with them before with an online order and had loads of trouble with them getting the stock. We have a Forbidden Planet in Bristol but they only got in a few of the lines that are on the website - there is a franchise and a chain for Forbidden Planet, and their stock lines differ. We're after the apple perfume bottle too - my husband was going to buy it for me as an anniversary present (theme for 4 years marriage is fruit!) but no luck finding stock anywhere. Play's site is so annoying - it says 4-5 days for despatch like it's on hand but when you try to add it to the basket it's out of stock.

Nice to know someone can get through on the phones! How stupid, did they at least tell you when it was expected to arrive? Well i won't be ordering from them again anytime soon...

With purchasing from American sites, it's usually under £18 that is guaranteed to be ok with no charges etc.

Depends what they declare it as on the customs forms and all that. Even if it's over £18 you can be perfectly fine. I've ordered things over that for years and never once been charged, but it's a possibility.

you're very lucky then as my mum, bless her had no idea, and ordered me a DVD for Christmas and then had to pay the postie when it turned up because it was over £18 and I've got several friends who've had simular problems! I always keep orders under that so would advise splitting orders that will total at more than £18 before shipping costs are added. :thumbup:

has anyone tried Borders? they had LOADS of stuff in the US and Canada and even here in Swansea had the typical items such as chokers, wristbands and necklaces!

surfy sah xx

That's nothing... due to a decimal point not being put in the right place, I got charged over £600 customs charges for 1 T-SHIRT from DJ-Premium!!! :o

The company had put $3200 instead of $32.00 in the value box... needless to say, the shirt went back & I got a full refund! :angry:

The stupid thing is that after I emailed them to tell them about it, they replied saying they were aware that 'problems with customs charges have occured with UK deliveries before'...

That doesn't bloody well help me, now does it??? If they are aware of the problem, why haven't they sorted it out??? :angry:

Wow, I'll make sure I don't order from Forbidden Planet in future then.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, guys :angry:

I've ordered some T-Shirts off CafePress because I assumed it'd cost a fortune in Import Tax to get stuff off Hot Topic, but mine haven't arrived yet. Still, I'm not worried as it's only been a week or so.

I'm really hoping there'll be some good merchandise at the Con, stuff we mostly haven't been able to get here in the UK :angry:

I orderd a t shirt from cafepress, and it came today, and i got charged 14.. for postage and insurence even tho i was told there would be NOTHING to payas they had lost my origninal order and was sending this one out for me.

did you get it from the europe or the us? my first batch of sarmy stuff had a 14 charge but they lost it at the depo andi got the replacment without a charge , when i got my hoody from the europe site they marked it as a gift.

I also ordered the Twilight perfume bottle from play on 24th Dec as a pre-order (it was allegedly due for release on 31st Dec) but this is still showing as a pre-order item on my account even though on the order page it is showing as available for delivery in 4-5days!

The website has been updated today - it now says due for release 27th February. So it's not released in time for my anniversary on the 4th :(

Speaking of merchandise, have you seen the Edward and Bella dolls?! I want them...but they are SO expensive!! :D

Think Edward will let me borrow his credit card?! ;)

Maybe I'll just stuck to the little action figure Edward - he's only £10 (but am not buying anything else Twilight related until after the con now!

xC

• Showmasters Admin

just to let people know there will be some nice times in the dealers room we cannot go into it to much as its up to the dealers what they bring but we have herd of some great items so bring your pocket money

not to long now ;)

jason :D

did you get it from the europe or the us? my first batch of sarmy stuff had a 14 charge but they lost it at the depo andi got the replacment without a charge , when i got my hoody from the europe site they marked it as a gift.

The us one.. And i wud of understood chrages but it said delivery and insurence, pffft.

there a europse site? gimme giiime? Lol

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone is still interested play.com have some great Twilight items in their "gadgets" section and they do free delivery! CLICK ME hope this helps :huh:

the Edward Cullen action figure makes me giggle :D

the perfume is listed for £16 :smile:

there's a Cullen and Bella poster for £3 but annoyingly the only "full cast" item is a jigsaw :lol:

surfy sah xx

I ordered some bits from Hot Topic with a friend and we were charged 70 quid for the tax, and they did forget a t-shirt but charged us for it. We phoned up the customer service and paid 20 quid on mobile to get it resolved only to be charged again for more tax. However overall there stock is great and they did try to help. We got the perfume from HT as well, and its great. I got the impression that the perfume in the UK was only for the bottle didn't include perfume, and it didnt look as nice as the US.

I also used FP a few months ago to order some bookmarks, and after waiting for ages i tried contacting them via email and phone with no luck. And they also took it off the site! Finally had reply back saying they wouldnt get anymore stock in, only when i got some somewhere else for ALOT more they put them back on the site. I would never use FP again.

forbidden planet is a great store but I wouldnt recommend using the website as me and many people i know have been greatly let down and never recieved our items so I'd say if you want something from there and your close to one of the stores definitly on in there.

as for hot topic I have been shopping with them since they first opened their online store nearly 10 years ago now, they are normally very quick at shipping I've even recieved items 3 days after placing the order but with anything that comes from america there is a chance you will get charged customes taxes which can vary in price I'll been lucky and in all the times I have ordered with them I have only been charged twice but I have been charged for other things coming from the US so its a risk you have to take.

I've ordered an Alice Choker from forbiddenplannet.co.uk, but after reading this lot I'm not at all optimistic about it ever arriving! Bah.

There is a FP store in Leicester (near where I live) but I've been told it has no twilight stuff. hmm.

none of them have the stock yet cuz its not officially out in the uk best thing I'd say to do is wait to see if you hear anythign from them cuz sometimes they do ship out but they tend to put items on the internet for sale before they actually even have them! if you dont hear anything I'd say go to the store I think they come out in about a month so you may even be able to get them at the dealer room at the con!

that figure is so funny

if anyone is still interested play.com have some great Twilight items in their "gadgets" section and they do free delivery! CLICK ME hope this helps :D

the Edward Cullen action figure makes me giggle :(

the perfume is listed for £16 ^_^

there's a Cullen and Bella poster for £3 but annoyingly the only "full cast" item is a jigsaw :P

surfy sah xx