Tennant to leave after 2009 speicals

cyberdrunk

Gutted

I dont think the 3 mentioned by the BBC are worthy of discussion

I fear a retreat to the Davidson years and a lot of people will not like the change and the team has its work cut out.

Years ago i had a hard time accepting Davidson after Baker and the impact he had on the show.

these kids love Tennant and they will have a hard time accepting anyone else as the doctor.

Finally i doubt very much so the new Doc will be black as suggested and it may sound racist but the BBC and the team have to win viewers over and im sorry to say that a black Doc is way too risky.

Edited by vintageSW77

Finally i doubt very much so the new Doc will be black as suggested and it may sound racist but the BBC and the team have to win viewers over and im sorry to say that a black Doc is way too risky.

That's the media industry in general for you - they are afraid of changes like that cos it will alienate some viewers. Its the same with the modelling industry - they want to do what's best and easiest for the consumer.

Reminds me of the old black James Bond rumors that went about b4 Craig was announced.

Edited by nicky

That's the media industry in general for you - they are afraid of changes like that cos it will alienate some viewers. Reminds me of the old black James Bond rumors that went about b4 Craig was announced.

lets not foget Beyonce as Lois Lane

I don't think it'd be too risky at all. You are going to get people moaning regardless as they don't like change. As long as they get a good actor who can carry the role forward then it doesn't matter if they are black, white or purple with pink spots.

I think, based on the betting odds in that BBC article, that bringing in John Simm would be a big mistake. He was great as the Master but he is now far too well known as that and that would be far too confusing especially for the younger viewers.

I'm really not sure who I wan't as the next Doctor. I must admit James Nesbitt would be pretty cool it'd be nice to have a more rugged type, it'd make an interesting contrast to Tennant.

Edited by Magenta_Jan

I think they should go for a total change and go for an older Doctor along the lines of David Warner or Michael York or (and yes I know he played Dr Constantine) Richard Wilson, basically someone of that age and calibre to shake things up a little as all good regenerations should.

And before those who just watch for for totty sake have a mass outcry, he can have 2 companions both young, one male one female

Oh and I vote against John Simm wasn't keen on him as The Master and I think I would like him even less as The Doctor

Edited by Harry

If Russell Brand is cast, most people will stop watching... or so what I've seen seems to imply.

I'd call for either an older actor (á la Billy Hartnell and Jon Pertwee) or a woman to fill the part.

An older Doc would be good

Give the ladies a young male assistant alongside a female one too.

An older actor would be great although I would say that they'd either need to be not exceptionally old or be very fit for their age. Dr Who is a lot more fast paced now with lots of high energy scenes and I think it must be quite hard going in the filming stakes so whoever takes over will need to be able to keep up with that.

I always love it when someone says something along the lines of "most people will stop watching if "insert name" is cast". Infact, it is almost s funny as the political polls they do for elections when they poll a 1000 people and present it as the voice of the people so to speak.

Whoever is cast, and David Morrissey appears to be the current bookies favourite, Whovians will continue to watch in one form or another. When Eccleston was cast there was the usual mini uproar etc, ut he grew on people.

Roll on the Christmas special and 2009.

billie #piper has been linked to the part and tom wallis

Billie Piper returning to the Tardis in any form has been ruled out by RTD's replacement.

Edited by Jonesy

I'm unclear as to the role of gender in time lords. I always believed that there were male timelords and female time..ladies. And that the doctor was a male timelord, hence he could not be played by a woman, as he isn't a female. But I could be completely wrong there.

Did anyone else see the BBC Breakfast interview?

I guess kind of spoilers are to follow, so just incase I'll leave some space (hey, that rhymes!)

David Morrisey is appearing in the xmas special as a character named "the doctor".

Morrisey wont be the doctor

its the papers and lazy journalism.

The Doctor will never be a woman or black.

It wont go down well with some but Doctor Who will lose viewers if there was a black Doctor.

Bond is white,Clark Kent is white,Nancy from Oliver is white,Nick Fury is white and the Doctor is and will always be

white.

And i hope its not this Tim Elliss bloke........way too stiff looking.,

Edited by vintageSW77

Morrisey wont be the doctor

its the papers and lazy journalism.

The Doctor will never be a woman or black.

It wont go down well with some but Doctor Who will lose viewers if there was a black Doctor.

Bond is white,Clark Kent is white,Nancy from Oliver is white,Nick Fury is white and the Doctor is and will always be

white.

And i hope its not this Tim Elliss bloke........way too stiff looking.,

You are right of course that there are those few narrow minded and discriminating Who fans would never accept a black Dr Who. Fortunately they would be in a minority and I am sure you would agree they should be ignored for holding such a racist view.

(On a totally different subject - Noticed you didn’t think too much of the US presidential result).

Nick Fury is white

I take it you didn't see the latest Marvel films? Nick Fury is played by Samuel L. Jackson.

Yes but in the comics i read way way back he was white

Its just Marvel being pc.(the Lando effect)and its done purely because whilst black people do not make much numbers in the comic reading crowd they do go to the movies.

Theres not that many black comic characters other than Blade and a couple of other minor characters so i guess theyll go for this again in the future........i doubt it will be with Captain America though

Call it what you want but as a longtime Who fan i do not want a black Doctor

New who fans without any real knowledge of previous doctors who themselves have a pc slant will disagree but its just wrong and as many a Bond fan would baulk at a black Bond i dont want a Doctor who is chinese,black,indian or scouse.

This may not go down well but im not alone.

Edited by vintageSW77

Call it what you want but as a longtime Who fan i do not want a black Doctor

New who fans without any real knowledge of previous doctors who themselves have a pc slant will disagree but its just wrong and as many a Bond fan would baulk at a black Bond i dont want a Doctor who is chinese,black,indian or scouse.

This may not go down well but im not alone.

I guess you're a bit too late, considering that Paul McGann is a scouser, or doesnt he count?

oh yeah and .....TOM BAKER is a scouser too

As for the black Doctor debate, who has the right to say a black doctor wont be good or popular or successful, last time i remember a good story is usually based on good writing and good acting, and anyone who thinks DW will be awful if a black actor plays him obviously hasn't crawled out of the 20th century.

and before you ask, ive been watching DW since i was a toddler